Tom And Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tom And Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes Reviews

December 1, 2016
very good film I enjoyed it
February 6, 2014
Loved it and laughed a lot! Malcolm McDowell, Michael York and John Rhys-Davies were such amazing voices in this story! It was a cool way to tell the tale (yes, some would have love to see more Sherlock & Watson in the story but it was fun to see Tom & Jerry work together and also that lovely little mouse I like a lot making it a trio to remember. Lovely and hilarious). So good memories came back watching this (including that dog that always makes me laugh coz of what he does...he never does a thing wrong and when you think you throw it away, he comes back LOL). 4 stars of 5. What a joy to see this almost 4 years later, but it was worth it. - February 6, 2014.
½ March 22, 2013
We love this feature. My daughter watched this repeatedly.
May 26, 2012
"Stop in the name of my reward!" -- Butch.

The unfortunate result of having my nephew control the t.v. is that you have to sit through the same movie over and over again, day after day. But, atleast, this was a pretty good movie, for a cartoon. The story was interesting enough for an "adult" to appreciate and silly enough to be enjoyable for a kid to watch.
½ February 16, 2012
Unexpectedly boring.
December 30, 2011
On a bit of a Sherlock high at the moment, so thought this would be a nice change of pace from all the Rathbone action. Surprisingly, this is both a fine Tom and Jerry cartoon and a decent Sherlock Holmes movie. They don't exactly gel seamlessly together. The film has a bit of mystery and then pauses while Tom and Jerry get up to their usual shenanigans before continuing. This means that the mystery is very simple, with a number of jewel heists and a blackmail scheme becoming connected. The voice cast are superb with York and Rhys-Davies channelling Rathbone and Bruce to a T. McDowell also makes for a good Moriarty. Luckily, neither Tom nor Jerry speaks here. Jerry is Holmes' assistant and is his usual cruel self. Tom and Jerry work well together when they have to, but will one up the other if there's a chance. Slapstick is the main comedic ingredient here, and there is no attempt at making it anything special. The animation is very colourful and it really allowed me to just be absorbed by all around it. I particularly liked how they blended Holmes' London with cartoons without ever addressing the fact. Horny wolves, talking dog policemen, and flying cats all live together in this world. Towards the end it did feel a bit rushed, with Holmes just suddenly thinking of the answer because the plot called for it. Moriarty's final plan was a bit silly for such a genius, which is the only real time it betrayed either one of its sources. A good film that should keep most people entertained.
October 22, 2011
too violent for kids!
½ May 2, 2011
Much more like old and good Tom & Jerry
½ March 20, 2011
Cute movie. Nicely keeps the chase and pratfall tradition of Tom and Jerry alive. Nice vocal work by the actors.
March 15, 2011
Some cracking animation, and a trio of well known actors in the three main roles but overall this is strictly for the kids. On the plus side Tom & Jerry remain mute for the entire running time unlike the terrible 1992 film Tom and Jerry: The Movie which had them speaking throughout.
January 16, 2011
Gadgets, gizmos and goggles! Sherlock Holmes and Steampunk!
½ November 30, 2010
A great voice cast (McDowell as Moriarty, Rhys-Davies as Watson, and York as Holmes) add to the great cat and mouse (no pun intended) caper. Well animated and a good mystery story. Lots of fun with Tom & Jerry and their pals: Spike and Tike; Droopy and Butch; and a host of other cartoon characters who have cameos. One of the better films I have seen done on classic cartoons.
½ August 18, 2010
Just not as good as the original.