Tom and Jerry: The Movie Reviews

ScoopOnline
February 9, 2012
Tom and Jerry are so cute. I have never seen a cutest Mouse than Jerry. Its just a beautiful Movie. Specially they talk in the Movie. Wow.
Well in many of Tom & Jerry Episodes they teamed up but at the end the good ole same thing. lol
September 11, 2010
Anyone who loved the original cartoons of Tom and Jerry, will think it's very strange at first to hear the two animals actually talking for once, but you get used to it watching this movie. It has song and dance numbers too, but the story is a drama/comedy with heart, and both kids and adults can enjoy it.
FilmFanatik
½ November 24, 2007
Instantly forgettable.
½ August 22, 2006
Can talk now can yer? Kept that fucking quiet. What next? Gonna reveal you're both female or something? Dissapointing as it is just slightly poor. A plot that tries to bring Tom and Jerry togetehr instead of them smacking three shades of shit out of each other. Not to mention songs which were twice as painful as any frying pan beating.
DOCTOR P.
March 28, 2011
Quite possibly the biggest slap to any classic cartoon out there.

The film has some decent animation but nothing very good that makes it worth a watch. The songs are horribly written and will never catch anyone's interest. The film's main plot focuses on a little girl so it's not really a "Tom and Jerry" movie as it is more of a movie with Tom and Jerry involved. There is also absolutely little to no slapstick here since Tom is Jerry's buddy in this film.

Overall this film is mind numbing, it's horrible and the worst part is that Tom and Jerry talk. (worse yet is that their voice actors don't even fit them at all.)
Gavin the moviejunkie1994
March 29, 2010
Tom and Jerry was by far one of the greatest cartoon classics ever made. With amazing sound effects, those silent cartoon characters made me laugh throughout the rest of the episodes they were in.

When I heard that Hollywood made a film about it that I've recently seen in the 1990s, my family got a DVD of it and I watched, betting that it was gonna be good.

Boy was I wrong.

After viewing it, I was so disgusted at how this movie ruined a once great cartoon classic by pointing a few things that were wrong.

The story has nothing to do with Tom and Jerry, the characters were boring (I mean, Aunt Figg?! Dr. Applecheek?! Lickboot?! Is it me or did the writers were high when they've come up with that stuff?), and the songs were forgettable (except the pop songs in the ending credits) and this whole thing would have been better if Tom and Jerry didn't talk at all.

The only thing that I kind of liked about this movie was the animation and voice acting. That's it.

Tom and Jerry is, without a freaking doubt, one of the worst animated films I have ever seen. Avoid it at all costs like a plague unless you have kids.

one out of five stars
May 23, 2007
This I thought was a good film, and yes a bit rediculous it still is good. As most animated films were. It had the traditional style of the cartoon and for once they talked as well. Also I thought the plot was good but once again when you look at it extremely corny. I give this film an 8 out of 10.
January 14, 2012
Change the formula of Tom & Jerry; make them talk, sing and dance, and forget everything they ever did that made us laugh.
½ February 14, 2008
so cute. love tom and jerry. but they do talk in this one which was a little strange. classic tom and jerry much better.
September 20, 2007
Back for the 90s, tom and jerry can now speak in cute english accents.
The introduction of english Dog "trevor", who "can't abbide the taste of cat, and would rather make daisycains" makes for a comical romp.
What is more appealing is the directors symbolic metaphors, suggesting that the relation ship between Tom and Jerry is much like the relationship of God And Satan.
The profound aspect is that toms owner is a higher power than god, an "unknown!".
Due to the religous leanings this film flopped, but it is a piece of history,

But isnt everything.
July 20, 2007
Ok, its a cartoon, but one of the best!! The sega game was the greatest that went with this movie!! Its cute!
May 20, 2007
Cat and mouse talking. Singing dogs. A runaway orphan trying to find her dad. I love this movie. i have to find it again. so i can watch it
May 10, 2007
This is one of those older cartoons that is better than the new ones they have come out with here these days...Nobody killing anyone, with swords, or guns...etc...
½ December 26, 2006
well i really thought that for a cartoon movie it was quite original and really good. anyway i rreally thought that they had a good plot about the little girl getting stuck with her mean aunt and her dad being away or lost was it? i am not quite sure but once again back to the good plot.

then she runs away and finds herself in an adventure with Tom and Jerry to find her dad. now there is a total classic. and the aunt and her butler or husband or boyfriend get put in the slammer. that is really the only think that counts in this movie. JK!!!!! i liked this movie like i like pretzels and that is saying alot.
August 19, 2015
The characters are forgettable and the fact that Tom and Jerry can speak was not the best move, but the film is still an enjoyable experience with the same slapstick that the TV series is known for.
½ February 4, 2015
This is not a Tom and Jerry movie. This is a movie about a girl trying to find her dad, and has a bunch of useless musical numbers...and has a cat and mouse in there somewhere whose names just happen to be Tom and Jerry.
½ August 8, 2014
What a way to take the legacy of two of the most iconic animated mute slapstick masters of entertainment and run it through a sequence of awful writing, terrible animation rage-inducing songs and... By god...YOU GAVE THEM VOICES! YOU GAVE TOM AND JERRY VOICES !!! Stop ruining my childhood you absolute pancakes !
½ July 30, 2014
I Love Tom and Jerry, but you don't have to make them Talk!
½ April 15, 2014
This is one massive bitch-slap to Hanna-Barbera and the millions of Tom and Jerry fans out there. Why does Hollywood take every cartoon and turn it into a cheesy, under-budgeted and childish movie?

Movies like this, are like Tiger games. 0.5 stars.....
April 12, 2014
Tom and Jerry as television series have never liked me. Devised which not had that kind of resentment against the poor cats; was amazing that he did the evil out the win ended a nothing pleasing example to follow, though ... this movie was not bad! knew how to make characters "naturally evil" beings as well, and not as enemies but as friends help a girl, a shame that this movie is the only good shows to give us these characters.