Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Reviews

• Oct 10, 2019

I give rotten tomatoes a zero caving in to the sjw bull crap that everyone used to send against this movie was fun it took me away from the political world that engulfs everybody today it was nice to finally escape divide that this country has become

• Oct 10, 2019

Love the movie watched it with my nieces

Love the movie watched it with my nieces

• Aug 01, 2019

Ha ha, I lied about the whole review NOT coming soon thing. Anyway, "Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history" Tom & Jerry: "Hold our beers" While the slapstick is funny, the voice acting is okay and there is some decent recreation of the classic 1971 film, the movie is definitely the weakest of the DTV Tom & Jerry movies. I guess the writing was on the wall, the minute this movie was announced. The animation is nightmarishly inconsistent. The animal characters look decent for the most part but the humans, on the other hand, tend to constantly make off-model faces that all look like they're about to devour your soul any minute. And this isn't something that'll just scare the kids, the teens and adults might be creeped out as well. In spite of the shorter runtime and narrative changes, the movie falls into the same trap that detractors of Disney's live-action remakes are often accused of: being a shot-for-shot remake. It even extends to petty things such as one kid getting "thwacked with the counter", to quote the Nostalgia Critic and not even making Violet...violet, instead looking like they shone a weak light on her face. Come on guys, it's animation. There are fewer limitations in that medium. Plus, tons of dumb things that aren't surprises if you've seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This movie sucks, is all I'm saying though it is interesting to see that this was the DTV Tom & Jerry movie that garnered controversy when the Wizard of Oz, Sherlock Holmes and Robin Hood got off scot-free. Where's my Tom & Jerry/Scooby-Doo crossover, Warner, huh?

• Jul 27, 2019

It's a fun kid friendly introduction to Willy Wonka for young children and a good nostalgia ride for adults. The Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp versions are just a tad too scary for younger ones. My 4 and 9 year old both enjoyed it. Don't expect Academy Award material or critical raves, but it is good fun.

• Dec 08, 2018

I was cruising Netflix looking for something for my 4 year old to watch that wouldn't drive me INSANE and being a big fan of Willy Wonka and vaguely aware of Tom and Jerry, I clicked it. IT. WAS. MAGICAL. SPOILERS!!!! I discovered I like Tom and Jerry. This movie is a basically a copy of Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka with Tom and Jerry and their storyline making up perhaps 10% in changes due to their involvement. I finally had a chance to share my favourite movie with my little boy on a level that he can comprehend. The voices were astoundingly accurate to their "real world" counterparts. I was charmed by that. Fun changes from the original: Slugworth's character made an interesting addition and turns out to be a good guy and Veruca Salt actually gets told off for being a brat. Seriously - when we first watched this movie we ALL wanted to hear that man grow a spine and put his daughter in her place. Sooooo satisfying lol I have no idea why people hate on it so much apart from "Wonka Fandom" VS "Tom & Jerry Fandom" because A LOT of people are adamant that this film can not be enjoyed on it's own without any fandom involved. Just let go of your fandoms and kick back with your little ones and watch their faces light up with joy as you share this movie together. You're not listening to the baby shark song for the 50th time today, so be grateful lol

• Sep 03, 2018

its scrum-satanly-umptious in a funny way i like both but omg that tunnel scene that was insanity incarnate

• May 04, 2018

I definitely enjoyed this movie I really enjoyed the song Pure Imagination and when Nibbles lead Tom and Jerry through the dark tunnel. I would give this movie 9.5 stars out 10.

• Apr 15, 2018

eh.this movie is fine

eh.this movie is fine

• Dec 22, 2017

Alright, Warner Brothers, you've officially done it. You've driven me to insanity. You took my childhood, ripped it out of my thick skull, and tried to drive it back in. I want to let everyone else out there to know not to EVER buy this movie... And here's my full breakdown of it. The movie is so generic and bland. It feels like when you're eating lucky charms without milk or marshmallows, it just isn't good anymore. Tom and Jerry feel so slapped in to the movie. I have nothing against Tom and Jerry, it was my childhood growing up, and I love Willy Wonka, but this crossover was awful. The art style is incredibly lazy and dull, there's nothing special or even nice-looking throughout the entire movie. The voice actors also did a very lazy job, they spoke very fast and spat out their lines with no thought or emotion. They also replaced voice actors in... Areas where you didn't need to change them; for example: The Candyman song. They changed the voice actor for absolutely no reason. Next, after every little kid has a golden ticket, we go into the factory and Tom And Jerry get separated from the main cast. Remember when I said Tom and Jerry felt slapped in? Yeah, I was serious. They literally are completely separate from the entire cast for basically all of the movie; maybe something would've been funny or new if Tom and Jerry actually effected the kids as they travelled through the rooms, but none of that happened. It's like the main story is playing and then every now and then Tom and Jerry pop up like it's trying to show 2 movies at the same time. The only new and original thing we get is about 7 minutes worth of Tom And Jerry fighting with Slugworth. Then, the movie finally ends (thank god) and the money you spent on this trash is gone too.

• Nov 03, 2017

Just the simple fact this movie exists as an unnecessary cash grab no one asked for, Gene Wilder is rolling in his grave right now.