Tom, Dick and Harry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tom, Dick and Harry Reviews

March 2, 2014
This felt like a comedy remake of Kitty Foyle with one extra suitor added. Very odd humor and attempts at satire. Ginger is fine as always, but the script fails her often.
½ February 26, 2013
Saved only by overwhelming cheesiness.
jjnxn
November 25, 2011
Daffy comedy with Ginger as a bubblehead who has three suitors she can't decide between. Harmless fun.
½ February 3, 2011
This is a comical story, yet I felt that the plot moved too slowly, likely because there wasn't a whole lot to fill it out. Nevertheless, I stayed to find out what would happen in the end with Janie's three fiances.
½ January 30, 2011
Eh. I expected more from Ginger Rogers. I think girls do wonder how their life would be different with different men but this movie was silly. ON the other hand, I loved seeing a young Burgess Meredith before his Batman & Rocky days. Lifetime Television just had a movie on recently starring Lucy Liu called "Marry Me" and it has a similar plot to this movie. I wonder if Lifetime purposely remade Marry Me as a remake of Tom, Dick and Harry.
½ April 2, 2010
Sadly, just about the only thing I really liked in this movie was the obnoxious icecream man. :P While this was not a bad movie, the dream sequences- usually a favorite for fans of the movie- were a little bit too hoaky for me. I was happy with who she chose in the end, though. Good moral shown.
½ April 1, 2010
This film was very unrealistic. But since when have romantic comedies ever been realistic. Think of the outrageousness of the situation- being engaged to three different men at the same time- feeling a small portion of love for each one. The audience watches each date, possible taking notes, and does come to the conclusion that Ginger Rogers is really in love with that man. The trouble is the audience must do this three times.
There was no problem for the character of Ginger Rogers. Ginger was playing a small town girl ready for a husband, although not sure of what she wanted in that husband that would sustain her future. In the dreams of our leading lady, Ginger is tossed and turned in her bed about what the future might hold for her if the man (Tom/Dick/Harry) was THE man. Ginger plays confused, lovestruck, and naive so well that it was hard for me to predict who she's pick when the movie was over.
The problem I faced was deciding if Ginger could have been really in love with Harry or any other man she might meet. Sure, the bells rang when the two kissed. Sure, she found him enjoyable when he introduced her to a world she had yet to imagine. But so did Dick. Dick was very agreeable with his rich lifestyle Ginger could only dream of. And as for Tom- she knew him the longest. Tom's habits, skills, pet peeves, and past, she probably knew them all. so can it be said that Ginger made the best choice for her husband? I'll let you know when I kiss my love and hear bells.
½ June 16, 2009
This movie made me giggle a lot. :)
December 2, 2008
When I first started this movie I thought that I would be annoyed to death by Rogers babyish character, but I liked it. The fun dream sequences and the three men that are chasing her (especially Meredith) give this the kick that it needs.
½ July 23, 2008
Saved only by overwhelming cheesiness.
July 11, 2008
nominated for best picture by NBR
½ January 3, 2008
Sweet romantic comedy/fantasy sees Ginger Rogers being pursued by 3 perspective suitors. Quiet whimsy with some nice dream sequences.
½ December 14, 2007
Ginger gives a hilarious performance.
August 28, 2006
[b]The Senator Was Indiscreet[/b] stands as the only directorial effort of George S. Kaufman, the playwright known, among other things, for his Marx Bros. scripts. And indeed it's not a bad film at all. Funny and gentle.

The foremost merit of [b]A Girl in Every Port[/b] is that it has Groucho starring. No other Marxes though. It's not a bad film, but not a memorable one either. Some good lines here and there.

[b]Tom, Dick and Harry[/b] has Ginger Rogers. She's engaged to all three. It also has general funniness and good dream sequences. She's very adorable.

[b]A Streetcar Named Desire[/b] has just about everything.

Very close to perfection comes also Luchino Visconti's adaptation of a Dostoevsky short story [b]White Nights[/b]. A gorgeous, hypnotic, intelligent and involving lovestory. The very only reason I don't give it a 10 is to make A Streetcar...look like the winner of this bunch.
[i]Upgrade: I'm pumpin' it up to 10. I feel I'm not giving enough 10s.[/i]