Tombstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tombstone Reviews

½ January 15, 2017
I know alot of people that say this is one of there favorite movies if not there single most favorite movie. I had yet to have seen this movie until the other night, and I now realize why it's important to have other friends that actually understand what great movies are. Sure this is a fun movie, but it really doesn't have a whole lot of substance to it. It was cool to find out that this movie was based on some real people and the characters were pretty cool. It was like a western version of a team up superhero movie. Overall, it was cool but I didn't think it was as good as other people made it out to be.
January 8, 2017
I think I've figured out the formula to making a financially successful western, you must make your characters unique enough to the point that the audience doesn't realize that all Westerns are all essentially the same thing. Tombstone doesn't do that. Everything about this movie just screams, been there done that, and even in a fun way. Maybe this could be used as a case study for future screenwriters to know how to not due a Western.
January 3, 2017
Man, I love this movie, such a great western/adventure. Man oh man the cast! A bit grittier nature would have perfected this, but it's still a great time. If the rumors are true, it'd fascinating to get that "directors" cut...
½ December 20, 2016
A movie that, from start, to finish, captures and embraces you with a classic western story, with the proper doses of action, character development and suspensful moments, all superbly combined with the presence of an amazing cast.
December 6, 2016
Prolly one of the best renditions of the OK Corral.
November 25, 2016
uninspiring first half and ridiculous second half
½ November 8, 2016
This film has some amazing acting and roles, especially Kilmer. Otherwise, it's a trainwreck and I don't understand its fandom...
November 5, 2016
I can't even explain why, but this is my favorite movie of all time. I can watch it over and over.

Some of the best quotes ever.

Doc Holliday: "I'm your huckleberry."

Wyatt Earp: "So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!
You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear? Hell's coming with me!"

Billy Clanton: "Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double."
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] "I have two guns, one for each of ya."

Doc: "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

Doc: "Oh. Johnny, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now."

Doc: "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Val Kilmer is so sexy - all of the actors were perfectly cast. You won't regret watching it! Or re-watching it.
October 8, 2016
One of my favorite Westerns of all time.
½ October 3, 2016
C+
'Tombstone' is shot brilliantly to the point where it felt like I was watching a western from the 60's, and the performances are kind of decent all-around. The one major problem I had with this film was that its story felt like something was missing: A lot of the tension between Earp's gang and The Cowboys. It still makes for a decent Western.
September 6, 2016
Great cast and intense moments of gunfights! Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Bill Paxton, Sam Elliot star in one of the best westerns ever!
August 29, 2016
The Tombstone Vendetta, told from Wyatts point of view. The real Wyatt lobbied early Hollywood until his death to do a movie of these events to vindicate his actions that day. This looks like what he would have wanted.
July 17, 2016
Greatest Western Movie ever.
July 5, 2016
Awesome movie. Again Kilmer is outstanding as Doc! The accent with lines such as " I'm you huckleberry" made him center stage.
June 17, 2016
Kurt Russell battling gunmen and cowboys, ftw.
June 3, 2016
The best western ever made.
½ June 3, 2016
This has a great story and cast and has thrilling action sequences.
May 1, 2016
The film Tombstone was based off of a historical event that happened in the 1800's in Tombstone, Arizona, but it is not meant to be seen as a documentary. The movie was made to be a western film and in order to grab the audience's attention and have them enjoy the movie as a western genre, they couldn't be focused on how historically accurate the setting of the movie was. The acting was phenomenal and has become my favorite movie!
½ March 30, 2016
A movie near perfection. Excellent acted movie that delivers everything promised. The only drawback is they took many liberties that never happened in real life.
Null
½ February 27, 2016
Tombstone is a very well made western featuring great performances and story. Check it out if you haven't!