Tombstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tombstone Reviews

Null
½ February 27, 2016
Tombstone is a very well made western featuring great performances and story. Check it out if you haven't!
January 30, 2016
The "Doc," keeps you on the edge of your seat in this story of death & life.
January 22, 2016
Val Kilmer's finest role.
½ January 10, 2016
one of my favorite western movies
January 9, 2016
One of the best Western's I've ever seen.
December 31, 2015
Tombstone is among my all-time favorite films.
December 19, 2015
this movie did not get the reviews nor positive attention it deserved.
Pure enjoyment, almost worthy of classic Western status.
½ December 8, 2015
I'm not a big fan of Westerns, but I've grown to appreciate them more this year as I have watched several to expand my horizons. This particular film was one that I was very interested in seeing because I like the cast. Aside from Kurt Russell, who I struggle to accept as a period actor, the cast really delivered on what I expected. Sam Elliott was basically born for Westerns, and I cannot believe how perfect he is for the role. I also loved watching Val Kilmer's portrayal of the man who tries to remain strong despite his steadily declining health. The best part of any Western, in my opinion, is when you have a good showdown, and this one gave you several sprinkled throughout the film, which I thought was a nice way of keeping the audience engaged. In fact, pretty much everything between the Earps and the cowboys was a treat for me to watch. What drags the movie down is the romance stuff. I swear the only purpose in having Dana Delany in the movie is so they can manufacture a happy ending, and it's a pretty artificial and unconvincing ending, too. I wanted more time with the Earps and Holliday, perhaps more time with the cowboys as well to establish how evil they could be, but I didn't need a second longer with the pointless damsels in distress. Tombstone is not a bad movie by any stretch, but it could have been better with a little tweaking of the plot.
November 29, 2015
Hollywoodized trash. Too bad such an interesting story was so debased. I can't stand the female actress. I don't know if there was an intentionally gay thing implied with Priestley, but if there was, Hollywood just needs to take it's buggery & shove it. Kilmer stole the show. But he's always sweating. I ended up rooting for the cowboys. I hate anti-hero movies.
The relational element is dog-awful. The conflict part is tremendous.
November 21, 2015
A well-crafted and solidly acted Western.
½ November 21, 2015
Oh my...this one didn't aged very well...with all this overdrawn, papercutlike characters it's hard to bear the longer it goes...it's like one of these staged tourists shows...mäh
½ November 8, 2015
One of my old favorites
November 5, 2015
ehh. popular, but not serious.
½ November 3, 2015
A solid addition to the western genre.
½ October 10, 2015
good but lengthy western
September 25, 2015
One of the greatest Western Movies of all time. There are so many one liners in this movie they are back to back. Great acting. Great acting even by the supporting cast.
September 23, 2015
It's not a historically-accurate film, but Tombstone stands as one of my favorite movies of all-time. The cast is impeccable (Val Kilmer turns in one of my favorite rolls in any movie I've seen), the music is outstanding - if there is one problem with the movie, it's that it can't be duplicated. There are few movies out there that I would call "favorite", and Tombstone definitely slots into that category. Of course, few people going to the theater today would appreciate the movie as much as audiences did.
September 17, 2015
One of the Best Westerns Ive seen the Cast was Great!
½ September 6, 2015
I'm your huckleberry
½ September 6, 2015
alright, shouldn't have waited this long to watch this movie.