Tomorrow, When the War Began - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tomorrow, When the War Began Reviews

½ November 14, 2014
was missing something i couldnt put my finger on
September 29, 2014
Its a combination of a "disney like bunch of teenagers" in a middle of a post apocalyptic war with cool effects but has very weak plot lines and weak scriptwriting. Well its not Attack the Block after all.
September 26, 2014
am I the only one that sees a blatant rip off from Red Dawn? even the red dawn remake did better than this movie.
full of stereotypical teenagers, horribly done army that is suppose to invade the town and just poor logic and decisions throughout the whole story.
The characters had no connection and it felt like a made for TV movie that was rated R for what? The fuck since the violence is nothing compared to normal television.
only thing it had was a budget that made the special effects believable.
I say skip
September 8, 2014
Australian remake of the 1980s movie Red Dawn.
July 27, 2014
The Best Movie, Seen it so many times. wish the next one would come out
June 29, 2014
A much better Red Dawn remake than the Red Dawn remake no doubt. A bright young cast of Aussies liven up WW3.
June 23, 2014
There's nothing amazing about this adaptation, but its characters are likeable and the premise and execution have, for the most part, been well adapted from the source material.
June 23, 2014
While the adaptation is loyal to the novel, the script and characters wear thin after a while. Not to mention the endless cliches, scarcely believable story and many 'no way they could of escaped that' moments.
June 23, 2014
Excellent film, read all the book after watching this and then the spin off 3 Ellie Chronicles afterwards!
May 3, 2014
I loved it should definitely make a sequel but im pretty sure that s not going to happen
May 2, 2014
It's very much good enough for a watch, but the plot holes kill it.
April 17, 2014
Loved my Aussie actors and actresses <3 did an amazing job :)
March 18, 2014
only moderately better than the red dawn remake
March 1, 2014
Started watching this but gave up
½ February 10, 2014
What's the worst that can happen?

A mixed group of eight Australian high school students go on an adventure on the other side of a huge ridge called Hell by the locals. When they return, their town appears to have been invaded by Asians. They band together to try and discover what is happening and survive the situation to ensure they are not captured also.

"You shall not pass!"

Stuart Bettie, director of I, Frankenstein delivers Tomorrow, When the War Began. The storyline for this picture is very straightforward but fun to watch unfold. The characters are pretty good, though frustrating at times, and the script was average. The acting was poor and the cast includes Caitlin Stasey, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Lincoln Lewis, Phoebe Tonkin, and Chris Pang.

"She wasn't much older than I was but she was just as scared."

We were scrolling through Netflix pictures and decided to give this one a shot. The characters were just okay and really lacked the depth to grab the audience. The script was just okay but the action scenes and drama were well presented. Overall, this is a very average picture that isn't a waste of time.

"Hell was the only place for us now."

Grade: C
February 9, 2014
Australian movie not as involved as Red Dawn but seeming the same premise. Some exciting scenes but not enough. It centered more on the drama of a group forced into a certain cituation.
February 8, 2014
Realistic and Well-Done really there's nothing much to complain about with a film that's as good as this and that is not only good but realistic in a sense that any teenager can feel what it would be like in the film.
½ February 8, 2014
Great film which isnt your atandard film fare but i loved it anyway
½ February 6, 2014
An Aussie remake of an American movie. Not the norm but it was ok. A low budget movie as usual.
½ January 25, 2014
I am a big fan of the series and I think that this movie is incredible.