Tomorrow's Children Reviews

• Aug 20, 2008

I have long reconciled myself to the fact that, if totally wealthy for life, I would without a doubt become a Howard Hughes figure: spending my days watching any and ever movie outside of Bollywood. And really, who needs human contact when you can watch goofy and bizarre exploitations films like Tomorrow's Children? Indeed, when a friend told me about this film, I realized it belonged high on my netflix que. Ostensibly, Tomorrow's Children is a melodramatic warning against the evils of state enforced sterilization laws. That, of course, is only true if you are willing to ignore such creepily funny scenes as when a young man with huge eyebrows is in court waiting for his sterilization sentence and rips off the blouse of a woman. Even stranger is the scene where a doctor in the hospital explains to a criminal who is about to be sterilized that no, they are not going to remove his balls or penis but just give him a vasectomy. The criminal couldn't be happier: eventually, he'll get out jail with his genitals and he will not have to worry about getting anyone pregnant. No wonder he seems so happy about the surgery. Oh, and family who forces their daughter (though she really isn't their daughter) to be sterilized for the wealthfare checks is pretty rad.

• Mar 21, 2008

Fuck! Fuck!!! This is the scariest propaganda piece I've ever seen. 4 stars just to encourage people to see this, but this is a scary fucking thing.