Tone-Deaf Reviews

• Jan 24, 2020

Una pelicula con la propuesta de Tone-Deaf (que tiene como marcado eje central el salto generacional entre babyboomers y milenials) estaba faltando en el panorama actual estaba faltando y Richard Bates Jr parece ser uno de los primeros en salta a la palestra. Y el resultado es bueno, de base. La idea de la que parte es graciosa, Amanda Crew y Robert Patrick estan geniales, esta MUY bien rodada y editada para lo que es de esperar en una pelicula tan pequena,... sin embargo le hecho en falta un poco de mas mala baba y gamberrismo que a lo mejor otro director mas punzante hubiese hecho ( Edgar Wright??), y una discusion del tema algo menos burda, o al menos no tan "in your face" desde el minuto uno (directarmente las primeras lineas de Patrick hablan de lo mucho que "quiere matar "milenials" porque estan destruyendo todo lo bueno"...). Pero en general, la salvo con buena nota.

• Jan 12, 2020

Great movie. Identified all misleading generational misconceptions. Robert Patrick is a great actor. Amanda crew was perfect. I'll watch again.

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Dec 22, 2019

I know that the things that suck about Tone-Deaf are the point of Tone-Deaf, but I don't know if that makes them any more acceptable.

• Nov 25, 2019

This movie had the potential of being great but couldn't decide if it wanted to be a horror film, a comedy or something strictly for millennials. There were good actors in it and Robert Patrick was great but the direction and script, lacking. Tone Deaf could have been a 4 star horror movie.

• Oct 12, 2019

Having seen "Excision" and "Trash Fire", I was expecting another oddball horror from Richard Bates Jr. & so far his debut remains his best. Nevertheless, "Tone-Deaf" is a fun albeit forgettable expierence. The main selling point for me was Robert Patrick (as I'm sure it's for the lot of you) & the pretty decent trailer, and I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed. Mr. Patrick was awesome, of course, but most of the characters, the story & the whole point of it wasn't too great. An old-head hating on millenials and taking action is an old but fun concept & "Tone-Deaf" didn't give it a new spin really. Few of the 'millennial' characters were lame, unsympathetic and annoying, but that could've been the point... However, it's not much of an excuse for the main character being the same kind, didn't really feel for the protagonist this time. The plot is also predictable enough and doesn't go to unexpected and surprising places. Despite the wobbly characters, acting was fine or better. To sum it up, it's all a bit wonky regarding the script. Visual style, cinematography and fx were of no bother, well done, thumbs up. The soundtrack was colorful, with a few songs that can only be associated with millenials, but hey, it's the whole theme of the flick. That and too much other things. Also, while it is technically a comedy, I can't recall any funny moments really. What I say may make it sound less than a 6/10, but overall "Tone-Deaf" is fast moving, keeps you entertained & has Robert Patrick as the antagonist - that's certainly enough for warranting a watch from anyone who enjoys watching indie horror flicks.

• Sep 28, 2019

Not a good movie, but sometimes bad movies can be a bit fun with a few good one liners. This was one of them... but you are not missing much if you don't watch it.

• Sep 16, 2019

Had the potential, but didn't take it.

Had the potential, but didn't take it.

• Sep 05, 2019

A bit of comedy and horror with some weirdness. Not much of a point in this movie besides generation vs generation starring Robert Patrick.

• Jake
    Aug 28, 2019

a fun twist on a slasher, psychological, and social horror. funny as hell, too.

a fun twist on a slasher, psychological, and social horror. funny as hell, too.

• Aug 28, 2019

‘Tone-Deaf’ is enjoyable enough, but it also isn’t nearly as good as it could have been. The narrative is all over the place, and the plot doesn’t really flow the way it should. Still, it’s got some funny gags, welcome satire, and yet another fantastic performance from a scenery-chewing Robert Patrick. It may be a bit sloppy, but there’s still plenty of fun to be had.