Tonka - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tonka Reviews

½ August 3, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/29/2011)
November 20, 2013
One of the few films that present the Native American Indian people in a human more accurate light.

From my knowledge Disney had minimal input in the film & you can see that. Sal Mineo who played the Young Indian lead was fantastic & gave a great performance.

For 1958 it was ahead of its time by challenging that Custer was not the hero he was cracked up to be.

It's a likeable film that is interesting to watch & breath of fresh air to see Indians portrayed much more properly.
½ July 14, 2013
Tonka is an excellent film. It is about White Bull, a young Sioux, who proves his manhood by catching and training a wild colt he names Tonka. Sal Mineo and Philip Carey give fantastic performances. The screenplay is well written. Lewis R. Foster did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed this motion picture because of the adventure. Tonka is a must see.
October 6, 2012
My dad's favourite movie. This is his rating.
October 3, 2009
I would love to see this if I could find it
September 13, 2009
I was just a little girl when I saw this movie and today I am 56 years old.

I think this is the best movie I have ever seen and I will try to get a copy of it.

Anyone who loves horses will thoroughly enjoy this movie. It should be classified as a classic! I believe I saw it on a Walt Disney Sunday Night Special.

This is a must see movie for horse lovers and children.

Susan (still in love with this horse and Indian)
½ December 21, 2008
I liked this (Disney I believe) movie about an Indian boy and a horse. (Note: This movie is NOT about a truck
June 21, 2007
Ony of my alltime favourite movies growing up!
September 29, 2006
Might be interesting...but I doubt it.