Too Late for Tears Reviews

• Jun 08, 2020

Convoluted plot... tense enough to entertain. A very evil female lead!

Convoluted plot... tense enough to entertain. A very evil female lead!

• Dec 09, 2019

Liked it. The great reviews are right. Never heard of it or Lizabeth before saw it on late nite tv 12-8-19. DON DEFORE was a leading man! & DAN DURYEA! Saw it again a month later. Like it even more. Great film noir, very tense with lots of twists.

• Dec 08, 2018

Very solid Noir . The husky-voiced winsome smiling Lizabeth Scott turns in a finely tuned performance as the femme fatale.

• Apr 23, 2018

The guy would have tied her to a chair. Waited for the husband to get back, then tied him to a chair. Then tortured them both until they gave up the money. Then killed them both. End of film and a much more realistic one. This guy just pops round like a friendly neighbor asking to borrow a cup of sugar, as he smiles and whistles and doesn't seem to miss his $100,000. OK, so he wasn't a gangster, just a guy looking for a buck, but the relaxed attitude he has, he doesn't seem worried or anxious to get the money at all. This really did take the tension away from the plot. Very good female lead and I wanted her to get away with it in the end. The brother was an unlikable character.

• Sep 30, 2017

It's taken a bit too far for me.

It's taken a bit too far for me.

• Sep 27, 2017

A classic - if somewhat contrived - film noir. Every scene. Lizabeth Scott may be a Bacall clone, but has proper acting chops of her own.

• May 16, 2017

The movie is centered around Scott's fine performance which is one of the better femme fatale performances I have seen on film.

• Aug 11, 2016

Saw this noir as a double feature. It's funny and unpredictable and I'd see it again. An overlooked gem of the genre!

• Jan 04, 2016

Morality is easy in the absence of temptation. Some people never steal or cheat on a spouse simply because they wouldn't know how. But what if very suddenly (and accidentally) you fall into possession of a kidnapping or blackmail payoff --- and nobody knows? Lizabeth Scott simply excels in her role here. Her natural ability to come on to a man -- naturally -- sweetly -- using her entire persona but without being obvious, she has more ability to manipulate than most of us could deal with.TOO LATE FOR TEARS has it all: Murder, treachery, backstabbing, double-crossing, booze drinking, poison, and cigarette smoking --- all smoothly kept under control by a strong director and script. See it.

• Dec 30, 2015