Torch Song Trilogy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Torch Song Trilogy Reviews

June 24, 2011
Everyone deserves to be loved, right? Even if they're gay? Even from they're mother? This work examines just those questions, the humanity, say, beyond the stereotype and more, the humanity within the stereotype.
May 28, 2011
Another top movie of all time.
April 30, 2011
How good is Anne Bancroft? Without her this film would have been pleasant enough but wouldn't have had much spine. The dramatic scenes between her and Fierstein are magic. And how cute was Matthew Broderick? Makes me desperate to red the play as it is supposed to be much better.
March 24, 2011
Powerful performances from a stellar cast, an amazing script, and an emotionally charged truthful story of a gay man's journey to love and happiness.
½ December 7, 2010
A solid and well-written gay dramedy. Anne Bancroft s wonderful.
September 19, 2010
What a voice, what a character, what a movie.

This story is way ahead of its time and I can see how it has impacted the lives of many.

A highly intricate and honest story about veteran drag queen who goes through different stages of his life with the significant people in it: his lover, his love of his life, and his mother.

Amazing script. Clever, witty and often poignant. The movie is funny, moving and provocative at the same time. I can't wait to see the stage version of this.

Anne Bancroft is such an amazing talent. The scenes between mother and son towards the end is dynamite performance at its best. You'll see the frustration, the anguish and ultimately the bond between mother and son.
½ August 30, 2010
this movie is awesome! The acting, script, and direction is superb!! It has tragic moments and funny moments. Shows the struggles between a mother accepting her son, also the struggles of a lost love. I really liked this movie for it's frankness.
½ August 11, 2010
quote:
Whoops? Ed, did you say "whoops"? No, Ed. "Whoops" is when you fall down an elevator shaft. "Whoops" is when you skinny-dip in a school of piranha. "Whoops" is when you accidentally douche with Drano! No, Ed. This was no "whoops." This was an AAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

...excellent.
July 5, 2010
Loved it. I thought it was great.
June 16, 2010
I know you'll find this hard to comprehend, but I want more out of life than meeting a pretty face and sitting down on it.
½ June 13, 2010
One word for it: Boring as hell.
May 27, 2010
based on the broadway play of the same name by the openly gay but overally talented Harvey Fierstein, this movie comes off as A funny, and at times sad story of love. You don't have to be gay to enjoy it.
March 6, 2010
I should have watched this with Drew. Fierstein is so fabulous that I wish I could have seen the four hour original live!
½ February 28, 2010
Great movie, on the list of "must see" for all family folks.
February 7, 2010
For me this is the greatest film ever made. It has it all by the bucket. Humour, emotion, relationships, tragedy, and courage.

I'll never bore of watching it.
½ January 18, 2010
Surement un des films qui m a le plus touche dans ma vie
January 13, 2010
Still a classic to me
January 6, 2010
Wonderful moving piece. A classic. Probably my favourite film.
December 17, 2009
My Fav film (apart from Arthur)