Tornado Alley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tornado Alley Reviews

September 7, 2011
A good movie. My 14yr old loved it!
½ August 15, 2011
Awful. Little footage of tornadoes but I shouldn't be surprised since Sean Casey almost always missed them during his 8 years on the road. This film turned into a huge ego stroke for Mr. Casey. He had a chance to put out a brilliant and beautiful film about thunderstorms and tornadoes but chose to turn himself into the star.
August 10, 2011
(Spoiler) Well, it's really just an IMAX version of an episode. Nothing really happens until the end when they finally get a direct intercept. It ended sort of abruptly right after the intercept. Still, it was a really awesome thing to see in IMAX, it sounds fantastic with the booming surround sound and it's quite an experience in IMAX, some of the scenes you really feel like your standing there, with them.
½ July 15, 2011
A fun documentary, that isn't as educational as it is exciting.
½ June 19, 2011
For a movie that I was looking forward to and for a movie being showed in an interestiong concept, it seemed to look well played. When you get to see the movie, it might be a whole different story, the movie may seem long running and boring in some parts and the it takes a long time for the movie to really get into the true delightful IMAX form that it should be in. I wish I would have saw The moviewasnt great because this one kind of bored me and that turned me off of these kinds of movies about twisters. This one really just was long and boring and not a great film that I liked
June 7, 2011
Great photography, some coverage of the science behind tornado meteorology and strong use of IMAX, especially for storm-building shots. Not much that is educational, but who cares when you have funnel-clouds to look at. Shots from INSIDE a tornado were not as exciting for the audience as they were for the crew, however.
May 29, 2011
Too short and lacking all the back story and drama that Storm Chasers provides, but it still has the stunning visuals that you expect in an IMAX film. It also offers a bizarre throwback to Twister, as Bill Paxton narrates the film.
½ April 16, 2011
Intensely fun! Amazing shots and funny moments make this film worth watching!
April 2, 2011
Looks like a good but more of a sci-fi movie
April 1, 2011
Saw thus at the Franklin Institute. Pretty awesome on the big screen!
April 1, 2011
Amazing and thrilling visuals, with a slightly amateurish storyline that actually fits well with the chaos of tornado-chasing. Definitely worth seeing on the Omnimax screen!
March 24, 2011
I loved the discovery channel show Storm Chasers and was hoping this would be just an amazing film.. but was disappointed. IMAX was great, but the end result of the film left me wanting some of the drama the TV series gave me.
½ March 18, 2011
My wife & I have loved watching this on tv & looked forward to the movie. However the movie fell a little short in my opinion. It was only 45 min long & there wasn't enough storm / tornado footage. I wanted more storm / tornado footage & less story line but granted that's a personal preference.