Totally Awesome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Totally Awesome Reviews

January 7, 2016
This Movie Is incredibly stupid. I mean, look at the cast. Can you expect much? But if you can turn your brain off and take the movie for what it is, you can actually have a decent time watching it.
½ July 2, 2015
it's like they set out to do the worst 80's movie ever and then outdid them, I don't have words
May 18, 2014
wow ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an alright movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that ben stein, mikey day, dominique swain, chris kattan, trevor heins, James Hong as Mr. Yamagashi, play good roles/parts thorughout this movie......i think that the director of this comedy/tv movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie........i think that james hong as Mr. Yamagashi (a parady of the karate kid - 1984), was good thorughout this movie......i think that the cameos Tone Loc as himself, Ben Stein as himself, were good throughout this movie in there cameos thorughout this movie........i think that this is such a really funny comedy movie 2 watch,......i think that Chris Kattan (from the brilliant tv series the middle), was good throughout this movie......i think that this is an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch.....i think that Teryl Rothery (from the brilliant tv series The X-Files), was good throughout this movie......i think that this is such an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie i think that this is such a really enjoyable movie 2 watch........
½ February 7, 2014
Didn't watch until that close to the end - may have seen a late surge, investments can go down as well as up
September 30, 2013
It was fun to have an 80's flashback
½ February 6, 2013
Totally Awesome is totally a piece of shit
January 24, 2013
Super Funny, Tracy Morgan is the funniest......Loved it!!!!!!
½ January 16, 2013
Totally C-Movie. Totally had it's moments... but not necessarily Totally worth watching...
December 7, 2012
Wouldn't like to see at some stage.
November 4, 2012
Totally dumb is more like it.
August 3, 2012
Totally average with some mildly funny parts. Entertaining as an homage to 80's cheese.
April 10, 2012
a pretty funny send up of bad 80's films, includes satire on everything from footloose to the karate kid
½ April 1, 2012
Totally NOT Awesome.
½ March 7, 2012
dancing is my life!this move is histerical
March 6, 2012
Hilarious movie. Mikey Day was amazing in this movie. A great spoff on all the old movies.
December 28, 2011
the title speaks 4 itself one of the best spoof 80s films i have ever seen, swan is amazing, kattan incredible, if u loved the 80s you will love this film, steins in this, buller buller, this film with the guy who plays the goose in kung fu panda as well you will see, tracey morgan is amazing in this film.
June 6, 2011
VH1 knows about the 80's and pop culture. But they doesn't know how to make comedy. Most of the time, "Totally Awesome" just throws references on the screen and waits for laughs. The intentional overacting works for 10 or 15 minutes at best.
½ April 22, 2011
Buena parodia de las películas de los 80's
March 21, 2011
Time for this to get an upgrade from 4 to 5 stars, because for me personally there are few comedies that make me laugh as much as 'Totally Awesome'. My favorite tribute to 80s movies! Although this was made for TV, I love it more with each viewing. It captures each cliche perfectly, tying in classics such as Foot Loose, Dirty Dancing, Karate Kid, Pretty In Pink, Some Kind Of Wonderful and so on. I love how each character is portrayed to a tee, even the score is brilliant and seems to come straight from that synthesized era! Viva the 80s!!!
February 20, 2011
I love how spoofs are purposely bad. This one just made my night. The acting was (purposely) HORRIBLE, and hilarious. I enjoyed the mash-up of 80's movies in the story, although I'm sure I didn't catch all of them. Chris Kattan never fails to make me laugh. I love him, like wow.