Totally Awesome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Totally Awesome Reviews

½ January 26, 2011
how can i award zero stars? the worst 1 hr. 33 min. spent in my life. an 80's teen movies spoof that should be funny, but is everything else.
½ February 20, 2010
Oh god,this movie is rancid.
I love 80s movies,I love throwback movies about the 80s,but this movie was just insulting.I got all the jokes and they still weren't funny.Chris 'Night At The Roxbury' Kattan wastes his slapstick and comedic talent,as does tracey '30 Rock' Morgan,with this pathetic 'spoof' of the 80s.
The only people who laugh at this were drunk/stoned/on coke through most of the 80s or were born too late to live through them.

Horrid....and you wonder why it was made-for-TV.....because if it was released in theatres,it would have closed the same day it opened.
½ January 11, 2010
I loved this movie it was Hilarious!!
November 23, 2009
One of the best parody movies of all time. WHERE's THE BEEF! great cast, great story... so predictable. Yeah, check it out.
November 4, 2009
Pretty damn funny, because it parodies so many 80s teen movies that I loved so much. The dance-crazy sister is especially funny with her frequent overly-emotional outbursts. For some reason, Ione Skye's character from Say Anything kept springing to mind which made me laugh even harder.
½ August 22, 2009
If you get funny things, you'll love this movie. Don't listen to any critics, as most of the laughs are more subtle than you'd expect. If you walk away thinking this movie wasn't that funny, your mind probably just isn't tuned into a lot of the throw-away gags this movie tosses out there. EG) Minutes after the "crazy stuff" bit and The crappy sound of tone loc's mic, the chorus keeps quietly popping up in the background of some key shots.
This is a million times more clever than any of the recent spoof movies out there. Watch it or be bogus!
August 2, 2009
This movie was totally retarded, but did have a few laughs. I only watched it because it has Chris Kattan, and I would never watch it again. :P
½ July 6, 2009
This movie is great at 12am
June 18, 2009
I tried to get into this but so stupid. lol
May 26, 2009
Tracey Morgan Nuff said
½ May 2, 2009
AWFUL...like totally!!!
½ March 29, 2009
Feels like a student film and almost every single joke falls flat. A star each for Tracy Morgan Nicky Cline though.

(I thought about it some more.....half star)
March 28, 2009
I've got love for you
If you were born in the 80's, the 80's
I've got hugs for you
If you were born in the 80's, the 80's
March 4, 2009
the title of this movie says it all... TOTALLY AWESOME!!
½ February 18, 2009
This is actually a pretty funny parody of 80s movies. Footloose, Dirty Dancing, The Karate Kid and several others are included.
½ February 8, 2009
This movie is surpisingly funny. Really corny at parts but ultimately fun and quotable.
February 2, 2009
Ridiculously funny!!
January 23, 2009
Words fail me on how bad this actually was. However, if you are an 80's movies fan as I am, you will probably still enjoy picking all the 80's movies it rips off and looking at the fashions!
½ January 4, 2009
one ridiculously-nonsense hilarious typical teen movie, but i like it anyway..hahaha
½ December 26, 2008