Totem - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Totem Reviews

October 16, 2013
Not as fun as some of the Puppet Master films, but it still has b-movie charm and campy effects. A bit short, but the plot is on the slow side. The characters aren't too good, and the story is rather dumb. Not the best execution, yet fans of Full Moon should have it in their collection.
November 16, 2010
Okay, for one thing it's not 80 minutes long. Secondly, longest title sequence for an hour long movie EVER. Thirdly, if I really were serious about making a list about everything that's wrong with this "movie," it would take me longer than it did to watch the thing. Yuck.
July 31, 2010
Micro-budget snore-fest with six people supernaturally trapped in a cabin. Passable actors given terrible dialog & boring direction.
October 29, 2009
If this had been a student film, I'd say....bravo! But from what I can tell, this film about six strangers mysteriously brought together in a cabin surrounded by an unseen forcefield to resurect ancient evil is...well, just a lame attempt at a B-movie horror film. With many things ripped off right from "Evil Dead," I give the director kudos for good taste in inspiration and not much else. Very low-budget on every level, even the premise tries too be too serious and comes across as just a little ridiculous.

So where does the one star come from? The film showed on Out TV. Not because it has anything gay in it at all, but because the three male leads, two of which eventaully strip down to very tight tank tops showing off what is undeniably these "actors'" best assetts, at least made the film somewhat visually stimulating ;)
July 30, 2008
Looked good. The mood was good. But ultimately pretty stupid and lame.