Touch The Sound - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Touch The Sound Reviews

February 20, 2014
Not only are the musical interludes throughout the documentary that are performed by Glennie and her various collaborators filled with emotion; but when coupled with the breathtaking, yet calming shots of the Scottish Highlands it combines to form an exquisite movie that I would highly recommend!
June 19, 2013
I think it goes to prove that you can make a living and be a total weirdo. This woman should hook up with the Soundtracker. He hasn't figured out how to go around listening to things and make money off of it.
March 11, 2013
Amazing documentary that everyone can enjoy... watched with my 4 year old niece who dances her way through it, and turned to me and said "THIS MOVIE IS COOL"
March 4, 2013
Frankly, this is how you shouldn't make a documentary.
December 27, 2012
Im not interested in the storyline.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see sometime!
October 19, 2012
good doc/performance piece
½ August 28, 2012
Discover what it means to feel the music. Understand what are you missing even when you think you're getting it. Check this movie.
½ August 28, 2012
½ February 19, 2011
The documentary is about how Evelyn Glennie feels the sound and connects with it. The good thing is, the musician use the sound for communication and feelings, Its not for money, its all about the nature
I also like Documentary, the film use the sound really great and i really like the photography also.
April 4, 2010
good documentary.....but quite bored for some parts
January 4, 2010
Striking and bittersweet story of the power of creativity over any and all obstacles.
lesleyanorton
½ November 12, 2009
Interesting exploration of sound in a documentary about Evelyn Glennie, world class percussionist. Doubly interesting because she's also deaf.
½ July 30, 2009
This doc was visually dynamic for a movie about sound. It made me wish I had a great audio set-up for my TV. (Damn I wish I had money) The movie is about a drummer and her appreciation of rhythm and how music is everywhere and just the vibrations can inspire. Then, there are other surprises as the documentary keeps on.

The movie has great sound captures from everyday life and while the grand central scene is great in it?s dichotomy of being both focused on the subject but capturing how everyone else who can hear it responds is great. And seeing her walk through Japan, especially the sensory overload of Shibuya and Shinjuku was fun. My only real complaint is that is does dwell quite a bit on parts of the story that really aren?t very exciting except for the technical elements.
½ July 6, 2009
Gorgeous. Makes me long for my days of playing with experimental sound. And such a wonderful job capturing how I experience my world. If you're enraptured by sound in all its forms, too, you'll love this little doc.
January 16, 2009
So beautiful and amazing.
½ January 8, 2009
Wow! If you are a drummer, or you are interested in experimental music, you have to watch this movie! It may make you question everything you know about music and hearing, so if you're looking for something light and thoughtless, save this movie for a time you can really think about it.
December 27, 2008
Reason: idea seems to go nowhere.
October 27, 2008
A portrait of Evelyn Glennie, a solo orchestral percussionist who has achieved global acclaim as a virtuoso, despite her deafness. Aynen boyle, izledim.
September 25, 2008
If you like avant-garde aural experiences then you will like this one. I think calling it a documentary throws people off, because it is mostly live performance footage of Glennie and Frith, who is awesome.