Touching Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Touching Home Reviews

January 22, 2014
Somewhat interesting but acting was pretty poor.
April 25, 2013
Thursday, February 28, 2013

(2008) Touching Home
DRAMA

Based on actual events from real life twins that works like a 'Sunday Afternoon Special' which involves sons tolerating their alcoholic father(Ed Harris) from the time they were young up until their adults. The father whose played by Ed Harris lies to them, steals from them for selfish reasons including gambling and boozing and they continue to forgive him each time. Near pointless experience when they're better films than this.

1 star out of 4
½ November 19, 2012
For anyone who has grown up in a small blue collar community and has seen the struggles, this movie may hit a little too close to home. All the reviews that talk about the poor acting of the Miller brothers, aren't actually "seeing" the movie. I'm not sure how I never saw this movie before today.
August 26, 2012
In my opinion, the story was alright, it did though, touch my heart because of the father.
July 19, 2012
is this movie available to buy ?
November 30, 2011
Nice, slow moving, touching biodrama. Ed Harris is wonderful, as usual. Obviously not the biggest budget, but very often this makes for a more hearfelt film. I would put this one in that category. Really well done with alot of heart...
August 30, 2011
Another terminal case of cinematic malpractice. This is one of those movies that tries so hard to be heartwarming that it almost makes you sick.
June 18, 2011
Well it don't get much more American than this. You got cowboy boots, baseball, and Ed Harris. 'Touching Home' is a very sad and true story about life and dreams and how they don't always coincide. What's really amazing is the twin brothers who made the film had not a penny when they started. They bumped into Ed Harris in an alley and asked if he'd jump on board for free. What's more is he offers an Oscar worthy performance. Money well spent!
June 2, 2011
Inspiring story, well written book, seeking out ed harris and producers is like trying to win the lottery, but they do it! Would love to see this.
April 28, 2011
Very moving movie about two boys an their alcoholic father. Great supporting characters and filmed in beautiful West Marin County. Nicely done!
April 9, 2011
Handsome but standard-issue heartland fare.
February 5, 2011
Pretty good movie. Little rough around the edges but the drama was good. Glad I finally got to see this - maybe I will look into reading Either your in or you're in the way by the miller brothers.
July 6, 2010
The twins' acting may be a little "meh", but I really enjoyed the premise of the movie. It's a very heartfelt and sad story.
May 30, 2010
A painfully honest and sad story about redemption and loss. And the fleeting reality of dreams and family. The fact that this film was made at all speaks to the dedication and heart of these twin sons. The unflinching portrait that emerges is devastating and believable.
½ May 17, 2010
I had the privilege to attend a free screening of Touching Home by the Miller brothers. This film is touching, sad, uplifting and very real. Not only the Miller brothers can direct, but they can act too. It's one of the best independent film that I have seem so far.
May 10, 2010
Great production values. Exceptional experience. A very warm and moving production. Elegant in its simplicity with stunning performances from everybody. The alcoholic father must have been a special man despite his demons; the proof is in the legacy of goodness he left within his sons. A must see for movie buffs tired of special effects as a substitute for a good story. The Miller brothers have created something truly special.
May 4, 2010
I love everything about this movie! A beautifully written real life drama that will touch your soul. Everyone will find something they can relate to in this story. Wear waterproof mascara for this one.
May 3, 2010
This movie is such an inspiration to all of us. Made me realize just how good I had it growing up. Things a lot of us often take for granted. These boys could have turned to out to be total losers, but NO. They had a mission and they have completed it 100%. Not to mention, they wrote, starred and directed it too!! They are absolutely brilliant. I am proud to say I grew up in the same valley they did. The San Geronimo Valley!! It was truly...."touching."
½ May 3, 2010
Boring. Saw it at the opening and wish I had passed.
May 2, 2010
This movie is a must see - gripping from start to finish!!