Tough Enough - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tough Enough Reviews

½ August 4, 2015
It's a hillbilly Rocky.
½ April 11, 2015
Not Rocky but you root and hell ya even cheer forArtie.
½ May 13, 2014
This one's disappointing. It has everything going for it ... Dennis Quaid, Pam Grier, Warren Oates (in his final role), Wilford Brimley, Richard Fleisher directing ... and it's about country music and fighting and opens with a wet t shirt contest. It manages to do next to nothing with all this. It's all centered around the fighting and the fighting just isn't very good.
½ November 14, 2012
Struggling country singer earns dollars by entering a toughman competition. His music fortunes could be better guided by avoiding taking the stage after wet t-shirt contests; that and maybe a more dynamic name than Art Long. There are moments that work here. Quaid, to his credit, sings a number of songs in the film. Sadly, this was Warren Oates last film. Film was released against RETURN OF THE JEDI, and thus was largely forgotten.
½ November 29, 2011
I should watch this again. MMA eat your heart out.
May 31, 2011
this is a fantastic film must watch
March 25, 2011
Um, yeah...pathetic. Dennis Quaid BOXING??? Who's bright idea was this one??
½ March 11, 2011
This has always been one of my favorites. Revisiting it tonight reminded me of why I've always loved it...and "Gay Bob and a close friend" remains one of the greatest movie quotes ever!
flixsterman
August 12, 2009
I have an odd connection to Tough Enough. When I got out of the service in 1986 I went to work in Dallas. One of my coworkers was a big burly dude named Larry. When film crews came to town, as they often did, Larry would go down and line up to be an extra or walk-on. I asked him if it was ever worth the time and effort and he told me about the tiny, non-speaking role he had in this obscure film called 'Tough Enough'. I searched the video stores and found a copy to rent. If you freeze frame one of the fight scenes you can see Larry in the ring being defeated by another 'actor'. The next day at work Larry asked me what I thought. "It was cool to see you but the film wasn't all that great" I said. Larry didn't speak to me for weeks. Apparently I insulted his artistic integrity.
July 24, 2008
Great boxing movie, lots of tough boxing action, lots of punching and very fast action. if you're into boxing this would be a great movie to rent.