The Tourist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tourist Reviews

February 16, 2016
I thought is was a decent movie but it was hard to keep up. I got confused at times.
½ February 14, 2016
Makes a change from the usual Johnny Depp format of film, keeps you watching till the end to find out what is actually going on, good film overall.
½ February 6, 2016
The cinematography is beautiful with a great cast. I wasn't bored but the movie isn't very involving and its forgettable. Bland performances. A predictable and silly twist ending.
January 30, 2016
Multiple intellects introduced to a twist of fate!
#notsobad
January 25, 2016
I don't know who didn't pay who off to have such a bad review of this movie posted everywhere. I enjoyed it a great deal. Some of the criticisms are valid, but it was a great popcorn movie.
½ November 28, 2015
The scenery is gorgeous, but the plot is weak. In addition, the chemistry between the two leads is among the worst I have ever seen. Even the most casual of movie watchers will notice, and that breaks this attractive on the surface movie.
September 23, 2015
Only good thing to look at was Angelina Jolie...
½ September 9, 2015
Angie Jolie and Johnny Depp in sort of a homage to the adventure/intrigue film jaunts of the late 60s. Venice is the postcard backdrop, along with snazzy hotels and parties and glitterati dressed to the nines. A couple of Bond actors show up to solidify the connection, should one have missed it. The whole shebang's only missing one thing: a leading male. Depp seems to be playing an entirely different movie than everyone else onscreen. Did the director assign this role, or did Depp choose it? Whatever is going on, its as if he could care less what is going on about him, and soon you agree with him.
½ August 3, 2015
A classy genius film from Florian. It stars slowly but gathers speeds and end up with a good ending. What's not to love in this action thriller film, with actors such as Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp and some stunning cinematography and a pretty good storyline and ending.
½ July 23, 2015
This movie was kind of slow. Just a little bit of action in the middle but that was about it.
June 28, 2015
Yuck. It is terrible. How can you not get killed by 3 men shooting at you in the narrow canals of Venice! No chemistry. Depp's hairstyle is horrible. I watched it for the photography. However interesting twist. So upgraded from not interested to 3 stars!
½ June 15, 2015
I suppose the Depp downfall started with this dog and has only garnered momentum in the year's since. It's hard to describe how banal and lackluster this film is, despite the assumed star-power and plethora of exotic locations. Every character is a cardboard cutout, the dialogue contrived, and the big plot twist totally telegraphed from early on. When the highlight of a movie are the myriad of ways Angelina Jolie's lips are showcased, you know you're in big trouble. Thankfully, the film's 90-minute run-time provides some mercy.
June 12, 2015
I liked it. A fun romp through beautiful Venice with some lovely faces to watch as well, Depp and Jolie. The chemistry was there, subtle but there. Enjoyable!
May 25, 2015
Yes, The Tourist is not a classic. But it is neither slow, nor muddled. For those with short attention spans, who expect more action, perhaps louder action with high decibel levels and overwhelming special effects, this is not one of those films. It uses subtlety and nuance, and has an interesting plot. It makes more sense than The DaVinci Code. It is beautiful, and there is enough chemistry between Depp and Jolie to make it believable. I enjoy this film time and again.
May 24, 2015
Gorgeous movie with gorgeous actors, pure eye candy. Always fun to watch Paul Betting, too! Good chemistry between Depp and Jolie, I thought it was romantic.
April 20, 2015
Depp and Jolie don't sizzle onscreen together like they should, nor can the beauty of Venice or the actors themselves can boost the slack, messy story.
½ March 31, 2015
A film that uses such talent as this should have been equipped with a much better script for these A-Listers. The premise is adequate but seems to drag as it goes along and ends up as just a decent film, one that doesn't quite know what genre it fits in. Jolie and Depp give the film the lift in rating it wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Recommended for those who enjoy good performances from the leads and a decent spy thriller/comedy/romance with a nice twist. C
March 29, 2015
Almost everything about this tired spy flick feels forced, unnatural, and silly, but it finally outdoes itself in the final twenty minutes with a twist that proves the first eighty minutes were indeed a massive waste of time.
March 14, 2015
Bland and a Plot Seen coming From a Mile Away.
½ March 11, 2015
A bad performance from both stars makes it lack the thrill of the best Mystery movies.