Tower Heist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tower Heist Reviews

June 30, 2016
Tower Heist is perfect, hilarious, and action-packed. This movie has a ton of amazing actors and actresses. The plot of the movie is brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 20, 2016
Smart, funny and with a talented cast, Tower Heist is an enjoyably entertaining Brett Ratner action comedy that showcases several solid comedic performances including Ben Stiller and a sharp return for Eddie Murphy.
½ May 16, 2016
Tower Heist is directed by Brett Ratner, and it stars Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Casey Affleck, and Alan Alda in a heist comedy about a group of employees who worked in a well known building, and they all lost their pensions to the boss who got arrested and made bail for it. So they got fired for doing something that they shouldn't do, and Ben Stiller's character hired Eddie Murphy's character to help rob the building to get their money back and more. Brett Ratner is one of those directors that some people will still hate for the reason that he destroyed one of the franchises, but he's definitely not one of those directors that direct every bad film like someone like Michael Bay as Tower Heist is better than I thought was going to be with Eddie Murphy not getting much success these days and it being a heist film. The plot is honestly very generic and really nothing special, but it's the humor that made the film better than it should've been. The acting is great, especially Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy, making Murphy return to being funny again. The characters are not developed as much as something like Ocean's Eleven, which is also written by the same writer, and not nearly as smart too, which I don't think it was suppose to be though. The heist is a lot of fun to watch and it has a lot of good laughs. I really like Tower Heist and it's really cool to see Eddie Murphy be funny again.
May 14, 2016
Totally forgettable.
½ May 1, 2016
While there isn't much brains to the film, it's fun to watch and keeps you consistently entertained from start to finish.
½ April 18, 2016
Tower Heist is not the smartest movie of all time, nor is it the cleverest; but it succeeds in its intention: funny, thrilling entertainment.
February 14, 2016
Gave up before the end
January 16, 2016
Loved it. simple as that.
½ January 13, 2016
Felt kind of let down watching this movie
January 12, 2016
Pleasantly surprised, Tower Heist isn't half as bad as I'd been lead to believe. I thought the cast were good and worked well together, I liked the story, I didn't find it predictable and I liked the end. I was entertained pretty much throughout and I even laughed a couple of times. Very easy viewing.
January 4, 2016
Highly entertaining caper-comedy with lead cast on song.
January 3, 2016
Great cast. Amazing ending!! Hilarious to watch
½ December 25, 2015
Eddie Murphy is back!
December 22, 2015
Great fun and the cast is fantastic.
½ November 22, 2015
55%
Saw this on 19/7/15
Tower Heist utilizes it's first 30 minutes in setting up a backdrop for a heist movie with plenty of laughs and it actually becomes a movie that shows a worthy reason for the heist. However, once the heist actually begins, the film looses all it's brains and also it's laughs. The rest of the movie is barely a wait for it all to end. The actors do well with what they are provided with. However, I really don't understand why Mathew Broderick was there in this film and also in the heist.
November 8, 2015
Granted, I'm not a comedy fan, but I didn't even chuckle in my head once
½ November 3, 2015
funny and interesting. But the plot might be too predictable.
October 17, 2015
It is a nice light movie from an enjoyable group of actors that you are bound to find someone you like from within.
½ October 13, 2015