Town & Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Town & Country Reviews

½ August 31, 2015
i think one of the top 5 worst movies of all time is this stinker
June 3, 2015
Oh these poor pampered rich jerks is all I take from this lame dramedy.
½ July 21, 2014
Non c' cosa peggiore di una commedia che non fa ridere manco sotto compenso. Trama inesistente, situazioni per niente credibili e regia orripilante. Un film osceno e inguardabile... oltre a far venir voglia di cavarsi gli occhi pur di smettere di soffrire.
August 10, 2013
SEE IT FOR YOURSELF, IT WAS ACTUALLY VERY FUNNY!
July 12, 2013
I Don't Like Romantic Comedy Films.
April 10, 2013
Looks absolutely incredible.
½ January 22, 2013
A train wreak that you can't look away from. A movie I just saw completely hung over and it sobered me right up. I guess that's a success, but it's so bad. An absurdest comedy.
December 18, 2012
If it kills Goldie Hawn and Warren Beattie's interest in continuing to act, then i can't bare to see it
September 20, 2012
Although there's a lot to like in terms of comedy, the film feels a little haphazardly put together and as such lacks much of a driving force or heart. Warren Beatty's turn as a husband who in a 25-year marriage has never had an affair but who decides to after his friend does is supposed to be the premise, but its resolution is too underwhelming. All of the film's stars have done better.
½ June 12, 2012
Interesting @ first... then got boring... then semi-interesting.... I'd skip it..
October 2, 2011
got very bad reviews so ... no
October 2, 2011
This looks really bad.
September 2, 2011
What a sad waste of a perfect cast! Town & Country had the potential to be a wonderful comedy for adults who are tired of watching gross out and slacker comedies. I was willing to overlook the fact that this film is recorded to be the most money lost in film history and focus on the film itself. What I watched was a disjointed movie with scenes making no sense strung together, since the script was re-written as they continued filming. A director who obviously had no control here, acting that range from the shrill(Golidie Hawn)to over the top(Charlton Heston)to the underused(Natassja Kinski)It all ends with a lame ending, reportedly Warren Beatty's out of control ego demanded changes while filming and clashes with producers and director did not help matters, and Beatty has not been in a film since. Maybe there is justice after all in Hollywood.
½ August 28, 2011
Just the fact that it was the BIGGEST box office bomb of its year makes this among the 10 worst films of 2001. This leaves a mark on Goldie Hawn's and Diane Keaton's records as well.
March 28, 2011
I think "disaster" would be the best word to describe this flick. I still don't get what I was supposed to like about it. What exactly were they going for here? Just a bunch of over-acted parts without much of a plot.
Naughtia
½ January 23, 2011
I thought this movie was fun. It's about two couples who through several years of marriage find themselves in crisis because the men are unfaithful to their wives. This movie wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. Fun to watch though.
½ December 31, 2010
Charlton Heston steals the show. it's not as bad as it's made out to be, it's just that it's forgettable romantic comedy stuff... with Charlton Heston in his last really bad-ass role. "Intimate? Sounds like some kind of homo thing."
November 28, 2010
"There is no such thing as a small affair"

LWOODS04
½ November 15, 2010
Cast: Warren Beatty, Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, Nastassja Kinski, Garry Shandling, Andie MacDowell, Jenna Elfman, Marc Casabani, Josh Hartnett, Buck Henry, Charlton Heston, Marian Seldes, Katharine Towne, Tricia Vessey

Director: Peter Chelsom

Summary: Porter Stoddard (Warren Beatty) finds himself knee-deep in trouble when he cheats on his wife (Diane Keaton) with the gorgeous Alex (Nastassja Kinski). And his best friend (Garry Shandling) is no help; he's cheating on his wife (Goldie Hawn) with another man! Together, the philandering pair heads to Idaho to escape their troubles -- but midlife malaise and new temptations might just derail the duo.

My Thoughts: "I wanted to see a fun and funny movie, and it's exactly what I got with this film. I laughed throughout the film. It is by far not the best comedy or the best work these actor's have done. The script is all over the place. BUT, it is what I was looking for in a film tonight. Lots of great off-beat characters. Especially the Claybourne family. Hysterical! It's just what I wanted, to turn off the brain and relax and just enjoy a laugh. Definitely a comedy I wouldn't mind seeing again."
August 22, 2010
Surprisingly funny. Guess I'm one of the few that got it lol