Toy Soldiers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Soldiers Reviews

½ September 9, 2014
Bad, Bad, Bad, Baaad..Baaaaaad!!! Fake Blood & Laughable Acting Still Ain't Enough...It's Just Crap.
½ September 5, 2013
The only reason I discovered Toy Soldiers was because it shared the name of the single greatest movie of all time, the 1991 thriller Toy Soldiers and because it starred future Academy Award winner Tim Robbins with Academy Award nominee Jason Miller. Either way, its plot sounded cool so I thought why not.

The I figured there's probably a reason I hadn't heard of it. Toy Soldiers is low on action and low on entertainment, with the only real interest coming from the brief 10 minutes of action at the end and the fact that in one scene Terri Garber is topless. It's obviously a low budget film with an inexperienced crew with the exception of Jason Miller, because it is forced to manipulate a lot of cinematography techniques to disguise its low budget, and although it does that well, it does that better than making a film supplying general entertainment. Toy Soldiers isn't just bereft of entertainment, its empty and goes nowhere with its high concept plot, and it boasts little. The final scene could have been awesome, but it was 10 minutes of poorly lit uncreative action which didn't hold anything or identify who it's character were. Toy Soldiers essentially turns 70 minutes of slow and stupid drama into 82 minutes with the addition of vague potential sqaundered. Toy Soldiers doesn't deserve the name it has, as it is a disgrace to share the same name with the greatest film of all time.
February 26, 2013
Rich American kids partying on a boat sailing down to Panama are taken hostage by a Central American commando unit. Their friends form a commando unit to perform a daring rescue mission after it becomes apparent that diplomatic efforts will not get results. Just amazing what some young adults can do when they put their minds to something and are given direction.
½ October 24, 2011
Carefree college students are taken hostage by Central American rebels. With the State Dept 'working on it', escapee Amy organizes a daring rescue. For next CIA intervention in the region, could simply enlist college kids for effective results.
½ June 23, 2010
This really made me appreciate my freedom. Rich American kids partying on a boat are taken hostage by a Central American commando unit. The US government will not negotiate so friends annihilate them with no training on a daring rescue mission.
½ April 2, 2010
Kreatif. Cuma bisa ditonton sekali doank tapi.
July 8, 2008
This movie is kinda like Rambo, but good, and not to be confused with another later flick.