Toy Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story Reviews

July 1, 2017
Toy Story is amazing instantly a classic
June 28, 2017
Ah Toy Story, one of if not the greatest movie in Pixar's lineup! This movie has everything! Heart, character, humor, suspense and action! Overall, Toy Story earns a well deserved A+.
June 28, 2017
One of my favorite childhood memories. It's the one that started it all and it is still one of the best entries in all of the Pixar movies. It is a movie that is constantly on and moving. It's seriously so fast paced. I love the premise, characters, and visuals in this animated treat. I've grown up with this series and this one holds a special place in my heart. It's a fun movie that is a fantastic introduction to this world.
½ June 27, 2017
Toy Story is described in my opinion, Original, Funny, Well Written and keep an audience interested throughout the film. Tom Hanks & Tim Allen were a dynamic duo playing the two main characters Woody & Buzz Lightyear. It is considered to this day one of Pixar's many crowning achievements in the film industry. This movie is for not only the young but the young at heart like me. If you need a good laugh then I recommend watching this if you haven't at some point already in your life
½ June 26, 2017
Toy story may be be the best animated movie I've ever seen the animation is incredible and the characters are fun
June 25, 2017
Toy Story is so simple but the execution is flawless, the voice cast is stellar, the humor is humorous, and the animation is groundbreaking. Woody and Buzz debut as two of the most iconic characters of all time, definitely amongst animation and this has to be attributed to the great voice work of Tom Hanks and Tim Allen respectively. Andy is us, a kid who plays with toys and then one day gets a new toy that becomes his favorite. How would you react if you were Woody in that scenario? Final note: The scene towards the end where Buzz and Woody are "falling with style" is classic.
½ June 24, 2017
This movie has always been a part of my childhood, and I love it so so much! The best thing about this is movie I would say is how it is the reason why we have all these other awesome computer animated movies including my favorite Pixar movie, Finding Nemo. I will always give this movie the respect that it truly deserves, because if it weren't for this movie, then there would be nothing like Finding Nemo. 9.9 out of 10! Everything about this movie is awesome!
½ June 22, 2017
A heartfelt story with great acting.
June 19, 2017
Toy Story Is My Best Favorited Childhood Movie I've Seen, Thanks Pixar
June 18, 2017
For anyone who's ever wondered what toys do when people aren't around? Well, it's because this is the first ever computer animated motion picture length movie ever made from Pixar and computer generation. Me and my friends love this movie including Matthew Fender and Nathan Tolson. The scenes in this film are awesome and funny at the same time like the characters. Woody is funny, Buzz is funny and so is the other toys. The scenes where Woody is so jealous at Buzz because he is Andy's new toy so he's thinking about getting rid of him like the scene which I like where Woody pushes Buzz Lightyear out of the window but the other toys think that Woody did it. There's also a scene where the green men discovers what birthday presents that Andy's has got. Come to think of it, the green men really look like the one's from the videogames from PS1 and PS2. There is one green man who is a sergeant played by the guy who played Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket. R. Lee Ermey. Can you believe it? There's a scene right where after the green men and before Woody get's jealous, Buzz Lightyear shows the other toys and proves to Woody that he can fly. The scene where Woody and Buzz had a fight at the Petrol Station at the bottom of the car after the dialogue goes through the scene.
The hilarious dialogue from Woody and Buzz says is:
''I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet.'' ''Oh. Well, that's good.'' ''But we're not on my planet, are we?'' ''No.''
After the truck appears with air horn sound.
''And according to my navi-computer, the...'' ''SHUT UP! Just shut up, you idiot!'' ''Sheriff, this is no time to panic.'' ''This is a perfect time to panic! I'm lost, Andy is gone, they're gonna move to their new house in two days, and this is all your fault!'' ''My... My fault? If you hadn't pushed me out of the window in the first place...'' ''Oh, yeah? Well, if **you** hadn't shown up with your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me...'' ''Don't talk to me about importance! Because of **you**, the future of this entire universe is in jeopardy!'' ''What? What are you talkin' about?'' ''Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg had been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate the entire planet! I alone have information that reveal's this weapon's only weakness. And **you**, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command!'' ''YOU - ARE - A... **TOY**! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're a... aw, you're an action figure! You are a child's play thing!'' ''You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.'' ''Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony!'' ''Rendezvous with Star Command!''
There's a place which Woody and Buzz went called Pizza Planet. When I was a kid, I've been thinking about that Pizza Planet cafe reminds me of McDonalds, my favourite place in my childhood. There's delicious food in there like chicken nuggets, chips and McFlurry. Delicious food in my childhood. They also sell toys here. They went to Pizza Planet to Andy but Buzz just found a spaceship claw full of aliens who treats the claw like god. Woody and Buzz want to get Andy they come across Sid the naughtiest boy who tortures toys for fun. The hilarious scene where Woody is afraid of cannibal toys. I also like the scene where Woody and Buzz accidentally comes across Scud the dog so they have to get past him but was waken up by Woody's string that makes a sound of Woody's voice. Now they had to hide. There is an awesome scene where Woody and Buzz get to the truck where their friends are in. The hilarious scene where Buzz Lightyear is on the RC car being chased by Scud the dog but Scud was trapped by one of the cars. That is awesome! Finally, Woody and Buzz is in the RC car out of batteries so Woody had to light a candle on the rocket but didn't realise he did it to the rocket because he said: ''Wait a minute. I just lit a Rocket. Rockets explode!'' And then zoom, they flew. And while they're flying, Woody has pulled a hilariously funniest silly face he had made. That is funny. Wow! This movie is awesome and hilarious. This had to be the greatest most animated movie that had ever been made in computer for the first time and distributed by Disney Pixar. Tom Hanks really does fit for the role of Woody and Tim Allen really does fit for the role of Buzz lightyear. All the other cast are great. They have Don Rickles, John Ratzenberger, Wallace Shawn and Jim Varney voicing Mr. Potato Head, Hamm, Rex and Slinky Dog. The animation is fantastic even though this is the first computer animation like I mentioned many times. This movie is nominated for Best Writing, Best Song by Randy Newman singing ''You Got a Friend in Me'' and Best Music by Randy Newman. Hardly enough, I saw Woody and Buzz Lightyear at the Oscars. That is incredible. The place called Pizza Planet makes me think about the videogame I've been playing years ago and that's Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure where you can play all the disney characters. The places in Toy Story are Andy's Room, Pizza Planet as I explained, and then Zurg's Fortress which wasn't in the first film. I guess this is my No. 1 favourite Pixar film of all time in my childhood. Kinda like being at Toys R Us, doesn't it? In the words of Buzz lightyear: ''To infinity, and beyond!
June 16, 2017
This is my favorite cartoon !!!))) I remember that when I was a child I could review it constantly ... also I like Tom Hanks !!!
½ June 13, 2017
Toy Story (1995) - Is the 1st computer animated movie ever made and it has since become an instant classic by everyone. it 's honestly not hard to see why. it was the first movie to come out of Pixar Animation Studios. Pixar over the years has brought us some of the best movies that animation has to offer and it's characters and stories have continued to impact both critics and audiences for years.
The concept of toys coming to life was really nothing new, but Pixar took the way of seeing the lives of toy's more further and explored issues of Jealousy, Friendship and just wanting to be loved by your kid. They also take advantage of the concept of alive toys by putting the characters (who are toys) in many situations that you wouldn't expect toys end up in. one second they might be running around Pizza Planet trying to find Andy. Another second they might be chasing down a moving van while also being confronted with a killer dog. They create many different situations that our characters have to face both emotionally and physically and each is more exciting or impactful then the last.
The characters have gone through many different changes but they finally came out as the icons we all know and love. Woody and Buzz work great together as characters and the journey they face really does test both their personalities as they have to learn to work together in order to survive. The side characters are also memorable and each have their own way of looking at certain situations. Every once in awhile they might even test Woody when they think he's lying. I will admit that Mr potato head might be a little too mean sometimes but his reactions are definitely understandable especially when woody does something that he's guilty of. Some of the human characters can have interesting personalities as well. Andy is your average kid but Sid on the other hand is a very twisted lunatic. The way he plays with his toys is insanely weird but still very imaginative even if it is very creepy. I wouldn't call him a villain because The main conflict is the differing personalities of Woody and Buzz. Sid is just an obstacle and is the only force stopping them from ever reaching Andy. The animation might be a little dated now that there's more betting looking animation today. On the other hand, this was the first CGI film ever made and I would even argue that most of the animation still holds up even today. The colors are still very eye popping and the designs of both the toys and the sets still really stand out to me. The setting of pizza planet still gives me a outer world feeling all thanks to it's rich color scheme and Outer space themed design. There are a few moments where the animation might look a little off, but I think most of the visuals were done very well and each little thing was done in spectacular detail.
The music score is done by Randy Newman. Randy has scored a lot of the early Pixar films and his style of music is very loose and has an almost Nostalgic like feel to it. He also wrote a few songs for the movie. One of them being the ever so famous "You got a friend in me". His music really knows how to pull you in whether it's nice and slow or fast and energetic.
Although I'm not a 90's kid, I still agree that this is a wonderful movie and it has put Pixar on the map for many more great animated features to come. (A)
½ June 7, 2017
This was Pixar's first movie, and it's widely considered to be the best. I don't believe it to be the studio's best, but it's an amazing film nonetheless. The animation feels quite bit dated, but considering that Toy Story was Pixar's first film and their animation has definitely improved, it's not that big of an issue with me. Toy Story is an animated classic. While the character models don't entirely look as finished as they should, the final product is most certainly amazing.
May 30, 2017
Toy Story created a behemoth in animation and it does it through its heart, wit, charm, and superb storytelling.
May 30, 2017
With a heartwarming Story and great animation for the time, Toy Story is a movie for everyone, adults and kids alike. I highly recommend this to everyone, especially families
May 29, 2017
It's my favorite because it has some funny scenes.
½ May 21, 2017
My mom made me watch this one not on the movie theaters for a while. Toy Story it didn't make me laugh a few thing made me grin but the aliens were cute :)
May 21, 2017
I think I have to say that this first movie is my personal favorite because I think that it's better than all of sequels and it was also the first ever Disney Pixar movie to be released and my kids thought when this movie first came out that it was their favorite movie and they still think that even though now they're still trying to make a toy story 4!
May 16, 2017
I have reviewed tons of animated films over the course of more than a year, predominantly those that were computer-animated, yet it only took me till now to finally get around to reviewing Toy Story, which was not only Pixar's first film but also the very first full-length entirely computer-animated feature film. The animation is obviously not great given how CG films have aged over the last 22 years but one thing it was was innovative. True, it nearly put those who work over at Disney's animation department out of work following Tarzan but the film gets points for how it managed to blow people away. The film, like most Pixar entries, is funny, charming and appealing to audiences of all ages although older audiences could nearly be put off by the premise of toys coming to life. The Randy Newman song "You've Got a Friend in Me" is one of the best songs located within the soundtrack of a Pixar movie. The characters are unforgettable with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen inhabiting their vocal roles with earnest gusto and it also has a bit of a nostalgia factor in it. It makes you miss the simpler times when you used the limitless power of imagination to play with your toys. We're all young at heart, ladies and gentlemen. Regardless of how serious we end up becoming as adults, we all yearn for the times when we treated toys as our best friends almost more than our human real-life best friends. Toy Story is, as CinemaSins referred to it in the description box of their sins video for this movie, "the godfather of modern computer-animated films". Oh, and one other thing, we also owe this update to animation on Steve Jobs, since he personally funded Pixar to make this film possible. Thanks Steve for changing the world in another way, may you rest in peace. A true animation classic.
May 13, 2017
The story is extremely creative, the animation, while obviously dated, still holds up very well for the most part, the characters are all lovable and have a lot of charm, and the voice acting is top-notch. An amazing start to Pixar's legendary legacy and not only one of the absolute greatest animated films of all-time, but also one of the absolute greatest movies in general.