Toy Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story Reviews

August 1, 2017
I love this movie so much! I love the whole trilogy! Can't wait for the 4th one in 2k19. I just hope that the 4th doesn't ruin everything...
July 27, 2017
With stunning 3D visual graphics a great witty smart and heartfelt script along with great performances by Tom Hanks and Tim Allen this movie is the full package
July 25, 2017
I don't have to go far to say this movie was great.
July 22, 2017
My fourth favorite Pixar movie, but it still deserves five stars. Who doesn't like Toy Story? It's revolutionary because it was the first film made entirely with CGI. The cast is unforgettable and this is a timeless movie!
July 21, 2017
Toy Story tells an entertaining, fun and groundbreaking story (coupled with its animation) that really works.
July 19, 2017
Just watch it already. Highly recommended
July 16, 2017
My all-time favorite movie ever! Recommended for anyone inspired by toys to watch.
½ July 14, 2017
Mind blowing CGI back when I was a kid seeing it in movie theater. It still has a good story and cast which helps it hold up today when CGI and similarly animated movies are now normal.
July 13, 2017
toy story is a awesome movie for both kids and adults
July 9, 2017
One of the best trilogies out there
July 1, 2017
Toy Story is amazing instantly a classic
June 28, 2017
Ah Toy Story, one of if not the greatest movie in Pixar's lineup! This movie has everything! Heart, character, humor, suspense and action! Overall, Toy Story earns a well deserved A+.
June 28, 2017
One of my favorite childhood memories. It's the one that started it all and it is still one of the best entries in all of the Pixar movies. It is a movie that is constantly on and moving. It's seriously so fast paced. I love the premise, characters, and visuals in this animated treat. I've grown up with this series and this one holds a special place in my heart. It's a fun movie that is a fantastic introduction to this world.
½ June 27, 2017
Toy Story is described in my opinion, Original, Funny, Well Written and keep an audience interested throughout the film. Tom Hanks & Tim Allen were a dynamic duo playing the two main characters Woody & Buzz Lightyear. It is considered to this day one of Pixar's many crowning achievements in the film industry. This movie is for not only the young but the young at heart like me. If you need a good laugh then I recommend watching this if you haven't at some point already in your life
½ June 26, 2017
Toy story may be be the best animated movie I've ever seen the animation is incredible and the characters are fun
June 25, 2017
Toy Story is so simple but the execution is flawless, the voice cast is stellar, the humor is humorous, and the animation is groundbreaking. Woody and Buzz debut as two of the most iconic characters of all time, definitely amongst animation and this has to be attributed to the great voice work of Tom Hanks and Tim Allen respectively. Andy is us, a kid who plays with toys and then one day gets a new toy that becomes his favorite. How would you react if you were Woody in that scenario? Final note: The scene towards the end where Buzz and Woody are "falling with style" is classic.
½ June 24, 2017
This movie has always been a part of my childhood, and I love it so so much! The best thing about this is movie I would say is how it is the reason why we have all these other awesome computer animated movies including my favorite Pixar movie, Finding Nemo. I will always give this movie the respect that it truly deserves, because if it weren't for this movie, then there would be nothing like Finding Nemo. 9.9 out of 10! Everything about this movie is awesome!
½ June 22, 2017
A heartfelt story with great acting.
June 19, 2017
Toy Story Is My Best Favorited Childhood Movie I've Seen, Thanks Pixar
June 18, 2017
For anyone who's ever wondered what toys do when people aren't around? Well, it's because this is the first ever computer animated motion picture length movie ever made from Pixar and computer generation. Me and my friends love this movie including Matthew Fender and Nathan Tolson. The scenes in this film are awesome and funny at the same time like the characters. Woody is funny, Buzz is funny and so is the other toys. The scenes where Woody is so jealous at Buzz because he is Andy's new toy so he's thinking about getting rid of him like the scene which I like where Woody pushes Buzz Lightyear out of the window but the other toys think that Woody did it. There's also a scene where the green men discovers what birthday presents that Andy's has got. Come to think of it, the green men really look like the one's from the videogames from PS1 and PS2. There is one green man who is a sergeant played by the guy who played Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket. R. Lee Ermey. Can you believe it? There's a scene right where after the green men and before Woody get's jealous, Buzz Lightyear shows the other toys and proves to Woody that he can fly. The scene where Woody and Buzz had a fight at the Petrol Station at the bottom of the car after the dialogue goes through the scene.
The hilarious dialogue from Woody and Buzz says is:
''I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet.'' ''Oh. Well, that's good.'' ''But we're not on my planet, are we?'' ''No.''
After the truck appears with air horn sound.
''And according to my navi-computer, the...'' ''SHUT UP! Just shut up, you idiot!'' ''Sheriff, this is no time to panic.'' ''This is a perfect time to panic! I'm lost, Andy is gone, they're gonna move to their new house in two days, and this is all your fault!'' ''My... My fault? If you hadn't pushed me out of the window in the first place...'' ''Oh, yeah? Well, if **you** hadn't shown up with your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me...'' ''Don't talk to me about importance! Because of **you**, the future of this entire universe is in jeopardy!'' ''What? What are you talkin' about?'' ''Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg had been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate the entire planet! I alone have information that reveal's this weapon's only weakness. And **you**, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command!'' ''YOU - ARE - A... **TOY**! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're a... aw, you're an action figure! You are a child's play thing!'' ''You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.'' ''Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony!'' ''Rendezvous with Star Command!''
There's a place which Woody and Buzz went called Pizza Planet. When I was a kid, I've been thinking about that Pizza Planet cafe reminds me of McDonalds, my favourite place in my childhood. There's delicious food in there like chicken nuggets, chips and McFlurry. Delicious food in my childhood. They also sell toys here. They went to Pizza Planet to Andy but Buzz just found a spaceship claw full of aliens who treats the claw like god. Woody and Buzz want to get Andy they come across Sid the naughtiest boy who tortures toys for fun. The hilarious scene where Woody is afraid of cannibal toys. I also like the scene where Woody and Buzz accidentally comes across Scud the dog so they have to get past him but was waken up by Woody's string that makes a sound of Woody's voice. Now they had to hide. There is an awesome scene where Woody and Buzz get to the truck where their friends are in. The hilarious scene where Buzz Lightyear is on the RC car being chased by Scud the dog but Scud was trapped by one of the cars. That is awesome! Finally, Woody and Buzz is in the RC car out of batteries so Woody had to light a candle on the rocket but didn't realise he did it to the rocket because he said: ''Wait a minute. I just lit a Rocket. Rockets explode!'' And then zoom, they flew. And while they're flying, Woody has pulled a hilariously funniest silly face he had made. That is funny. Wow! This movie is awesome and hilarious. This had to be the greatest most animated movie that had ever been made in computer for the first time and distributed by Disney Pixar. Tom Hanks really does fit for the role of Woody and Tim Allen really does fit for the role of Buzz lightyear. All the other cast are great. They have Don Rickles, John Ratzenberger, Wallace Shawn and Jim Varney voicing Mr. Potato Head, Hamm, Rex and Slinky Dog. The animation is fantastic even though this is the first computer animation like I mentioned many times. This movie is nominated for Best Writing, Best Song by Randy Newman singing ''You Got a Friend in Me'' and Best Music by Randy Newman. Hardly enough, I saw Woody and Buzz Lightyear at the Oscars. That is incredible. The place called Pizza Planet makes me think about the videogame I've been playing years ago and that's Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure where you can play all the disney characters. The places in Toy Story are Andy's Room, Pizza Planet as I explained, and then Zurg's Fortress which wasn't in the first film. I guess this is my No. 1 favourite Pixar film of all time in my childhood. Kinda like being at Toys R Us, doesn't it? In the words of Buzz lightyear: ''To infinity, and beyond!