Toy Story 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story 2 Reviews

January 25, 2017
Thoughtful, nuanced, HUH-Larious. IMPROVES on the original movie, adds more interesting characters, made to thrill children while slyly navigating adult interactions and relationships with heart, humor, and a confident clarity just complex enough to show layers and depth.
Truly Brilliant stuff.
Adults will gain a new respect for what otherwise gets written off as kid stuff.

Worthy.
5 of 5
½ January 10, 2017
With fantastic blends of genre elements, innovative storytelling, Pixar's trademark flawless animation, and the overall handling of its characters, the sequel confirms Pixar's input to cinema.
January 8, 2017
Amazing sequel to a CGI masterpiece and a slight improvement over the first.
December 29, 2016
Toy Story 2 was a excellent sequel to the Original Toy Story. and woody being saved by buzz mr.potato head hamm slinky and rex was funny and the other buzz was funny too and Toy Story 2 was thumbs up for me and to other folks how like the Toy Story franchise by Pixar. but Toy Story 3 was just sad and dark to me when it came in 2010 hopefully pixar will officially end the Toy Story film series with toy story 4 and Ending Toy Story franchise on a good note.
December 29, 2016
Unforgettable, nostalgic, and filled with mature themes. Toy Story 2 is that rare sequel that is way better than the 1st and serves more than a blatant cash grab.
½ December 24, 2016
Even better than the first film, this sequel benefits from the fact that we already know and care about the characters, which is used in favor of a story that is much richer and more profound than the previous one, becoming another instant classic just as well.
December 7, 2016
My favorite Pixar movie. Spectacular in every possible way.
November 27, 2016
Beside's the Shrek-movies the Toy Story -movies are the best Animation ever for me ! Loved it ! SOMDVD
November 25, 2016
It's pretty good. However some parts and characters can be a bit annoying.
November 18, 2016
This movie was good. Well not better than the first, but it was ok. Good job Pixar
November 7, 2016
Another financial success
½ October 22, 2016
Love the movie, it is my favorite toy story not far ahead of the third one.
October 20, 2016
BEST FROM PIXAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
½ October 5, 2016
This gave diarrea it is bad and I do not like it
½ September 16, 2016
holy s*** this movie is amazing i never liked the first one but this one was amazing ! story to acting was amazing maybe better !!!
½ September 6, 2016
89% - This is a well-made sequel that focuses on each and every character's story which goes deep inside to reveal the unknown characteristics of every toy. The film is funnier and more adventurous than its prequel. So Toy Story 2 qualifies as a superior sequel and it is a fun movie to watch at all times.
½ September 2, 2016
Watched this shortly after Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, which rehashes every joke from its predecessor. It really made me appreciate Toy Story 2, which is EXACTLY how you make a sequel which references the first movie in an enjoyable, tasteful way.
August 26, 2016
Such a unique sequel with emotional aspects like none other and unforgettable entertainment quality. All of this done at the same exact level of the original Toy Story.
August 21, 2016
Toy Story 2 succeeds in every level. From it's outstanding animation, brisk pace and fantastic sense of humor, all the way down to it's talented voice cast and it's diverse and thoroughly developed array of characters, Pixar has achieved a worthy sucesor to Toy Story, while at the same time, crafting one of the most polished, touching and hilarious animated film ever.