Toy Story 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story 2 Reviews

July 13, 2017
By this point the CGI wasn't as mind blowing as when the original came out. It had a good story though and I still would recommend it for family viewing,
July 7, 2017
Toy Story 2 carrega o peso de manter o legado deixado pelo primeiro, o ritmo é quase o mesmo com uma pequena diferença de roteiro, um pouco mais dramático ao tentar passar um mensagem positiva para seus telespectadores.
June 28, 2017
After the okay film A Bug's life, Pixar decided to make the safe choice and created a Toy Story sequel. And in my opinion, Toy Story 2 actually builds it's characters and creates another original story! It also has the same amount of character development, humor and heart that made the first Toy Story so timeless! Overall, it deserves an A+ as well!
June 28, 2017
I think it's a sequel that sometimes people don't give the credit it deserved. I love how this movie expands on the first and manages to tell a fresh story. This movie does deliver one of the most heartbreaking sequences in the series. I also grew up watching this movie the most since it was the only one I owned for the longest time so watching again it is truly a nostalgic experience for me. It is one of the Pixar greats and one of the best animated sequels out there.
½ June 22, 2017
Another great addition to the Pixar world. Great story and great acting.
½ June 21, 2017
Not going to lie, compared to the other Toy story's this movie is probably the weakest. But stand alone, this movie about toys who are forgotten about their owners...and a dude who just wants a cheap buck...this movie is actually pretty good. But it gets destroyed by Toy story 3.
½ June 19, 2017
Least of the trilogy.
June 16, 2017
Toy Story 2 isn't better than the first film...it's on par with the the first one. Rather than just being a film with little improvement over its predecessor beyond the quality of the animation, it instead improves the quality and tells an enjoyable story. The voice acting is great, each actor really shines in their roles. The "When She Loved Me" scene is pretty emotional. Perhaps it ain't got nothing on the Carl and Ellie's relationship but it's still sad. Hell, even Tom Hanks and Tim Allen admitted to crying to that scene. It also has more laughs than the first film with some enjoyable jokes and slapstick to go around for everyone. Hard to think that this was Pixar's first sequel from a time when they were known for making original, beautifully animated, stories that were critically lauded. Then Cars 2 came along and Pixar's perfect world came tumbling down. But anyway, Toy Story 2 is one of the rare sequels that lives up to its predecessor. Maybe one day, Pixar will make a sequel as good as this one. Hopefully, Incredibles 2 will be the one. Not that I think Toy Story 4's gonna suck, mind you. But anticipation is higher for Incredibles 2 than Toy Story 4,so yeah, there's that.
June 9, 2017
To Infinity and Beyond :)
½ May 30, 2017
Never quite lives up to the one that came before, but Toy Story 2 stills boasts a fun story while aptly introducing excellent new characters right beside the ones already in our hearts.
½ May 30, 2017
A movie that is just as good as the original, and arguably better in some aspects, Toy Story 2 reignites the original's flare. It has wit, heart and a lot of character.
May 21, 2017
I have to say that even I thought that this movie does improve on its predecessor and my kids thought that it was an on amazing sequel also, it's amazing how they have a new character and a new adventure and I hope that when they make toy story 4 they make it even better than all the other movies in the franchise.
May 20, 2017
Even though the first and third film might be better loved than this one, Toy Story 2 might be my personal favorite (though the others do come really really close)
May 13, 2017
With a brilliantly written story, stellar animation, clever humor, a lovable and memorable cast of characters, and incredible voice acting, it's absolutely hard to believe that this amazing masterpiece of a sequel only took 9 months to finish up in its final form.
½ May 7, 2017
How do you improve upon a winning formula I hear you ask? Well, the key is not to mix things up. This just brings back all the popular characters, introduces a few new ones, and gives us another easy to follow concept that appeals to kids and adults alike. On this occasion, Woody is stolen by a greedy toy collector, intent on shipping him to Japan to become on display as a collectors item within a museum. Torn between his old friends, and his new ones, he has to make the decision of whether to remain loyal to his mates and owner, knowing one day he will be cast aside when Andy grows up, or whether he wishes to constantly be appreciated by tourists gawping at him within the confides of a toy museum. It all sounds quite deep and meaningful but of course it's not. It's all about the journey and of course the laughs along the way, and as expected, this produces many. It's good that we actually have a couple of villains in this one too, nothing malicious, but an enemy is always a bonus for children to 'boo'. I can't say this is ever going to be top of my wish list for films to watch but you cannot help but continue to admire the clever way in which this will appeal to families. I'll gladly sit through the 3rd Instalment, and no doubt be writing more countless praise regarding the success of this series.
May 1, 2017
Toy story 2 could be better I think but we will meet New characters in this movie
April 26, 2017
I got my Zurg action figure after watching this as a kid.
½ April 9, 2017
While not as magical as the first, I still love this movie so much. Toy Story 2 is a totally fun movie to show to kids, and adults can enjoy it too. So good.
½ April 5, 2017
A sequel that is as good if not better than the original. Toy Story 2 brings original and some new characters into a richer story with a fantastic message behind it. A movie that can be watched for all ages for an uplifting time.
½ April 2, 2017
Como con su predecesor, el episodio sobresaliente es el de la persecución final. Juntos nuevamente en la pista de aterrizaje, los juguetes cantan victoria mientras el avión desciende detrás de ellos. Aterriza rozando sus cabezas y quedan inmóviles mirando espantados un poco por encima de la cámara y como posando para la foto. Me gusta esa escena.

5/10: Regular.