Toy Story 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story 2 Reviews

½ August 17, 2016
One of the few sequels that ever get the recognition of being arguably better than the film before it... This movie is fresh and fun, it continues on a story we know and love while simultaneously making it better. The plot is one of Pixar's best ever and the characters (old and new) are simply amazing.
August 16, 2016
still a good follow up to Pixar's best feature!
August 12, 2016
The second instalment in the Toy Story franchise is another well crafted family film. I do not think it surpasses the first due to few reasons including that this movie does have more of a villain, while the other one doesn't. But it is still funny and heartfelt
and a great second act to a fantastic franchise.
August 7, 2016
Didnot really feel excited through this one although the animation was good for its time. Lost interest at a couple of points and barely got through. All i wanted to see was how Woody gets through the dilemma and how he makes that very though choice. Felt quite stupid trying to learn life lessons from this movie because it felt like it was going to deliver one. The ending was pretty realistic though.
½ August 6, 2016
Another classic, not all sequels like up to there counterparts but heres an exception. Another strong Disney film with lots of laughs for the whole family.
August 4, 2016
This is a good Disney/Pixar movie toy story 2 is amazing
August 2, 2016
Following off from the first film this is a must see for animation fans. It develops the characters from the first film to make me love them even moer while bring in new and exciting characters like Jessie and Bullseye. I loved that it bring the realisation to these toys that they aren't going to be played with forever as shown in the heartbreaking 'When She Loved Me' scene. If you love the first film you will love this film maybe even more.
½ August 1, 2016
What a fantastic sequel to an amazing film! It is not often that sequels are great films but Toy Story 2 proves that some sequels are actually very good. John Lasseter directs this film as he did with the first and he does an incredible job second time round. I said this with the first Toy Story and I will say it with this one it is definitely a film that I could watch all day. The only thing about this film is that I began to get a little bored in the middle of this film. I would have given this film another rare 5 star rating but because I got slightly bored in the middle of this film I gave it 4 and a half stars, which is still very good it is nearly perfect. An incredible sequel, well done to John Lasseter for being able to direct another incredible Toy Story film. Great film. Also credit to Ash Brannon and Lee Unkrich who assisted directing.
July 30, 2016
Tot Story gets better by the movie. A great family movie.
July 27, 2016
Improve animation makes this great
July 26, 2016
In my opinion, just as good as the first one. Still an animated triumph.
It has introduced new characters that fit very perfectly to the story. The best thing about it though is how Pixar made us care even more about the new characters and the old ones, too. I also loved how the movie made Buzz the hero who would do anything to save his best friend Woody. Just thinking about the friendship that surrounds Woody and Buzz makes me so happy and really caring and loving for these characters. The twists that happen in the movie are very creative and clever and unexpected. ALSO, I LOVED EMPEROR ZURG!!
Score: 10/10 (Masterpiece).
½ July 23, 2016
Innovating much more on the original's premise, Toy Story 2 introduces many more characters that provide a much more lighthearted tone than the first, complete with a hilarious story, poignant moments and great animation for its time.
½ July 23, 2016
(9.5/10)
Toy Story 2 is a rare sequel that manages to be just as magnificent as the first, perhaps better.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Better than the first, Its story was better and lots of laughs to be had and all the family can enjoy.
½ July 15, 2016
Toy Story 2 is the next step that was not in the correct direction. It is not a good follow up to the great, original Toy Story. Toy Story 2 is a step down in Pixar. Even though it is not as good as the first one it still beats out other Pixar movies. I will recommend this movie to others.
½ July 15, 2016
Toy Story 2 is another brilliant Pixar movie. The reason why I don't give it five stars is because I don't think Toy Story 2 surpasses the original Toy Story. But still, Toy Story 2 takes you outside the world of Pixar Animation and shows you tons of new features. Toy Story 2 has tons of laughs and will make you smile. I would very much suggest this movie.
July 15, 2016
Just as great as the original.
July 15, 2016
Toy Story 2 Is by find an amazing sequel. It's marked as the first Pixar sequel and people were questioning if they can do sequels and they have proven that they can with Toy Story 2.
The story is awesome, the film has a great soundtrack, the characters are great old and new ones, the animation has once again improved being Pixar's 3rd movie and 2nd Toy Story movie & this film a bit of emotion in there but not too much mostly in one scene and I couldn't help myself but cry to it.
This movie is without a doubt a great movie and way better than the 1st Toy Story. I still love the first one just as much as I do with this one I just loved this one even more than the first one it's that good.
Not only is this film so good it mostly has screen time to my favourite character in the Pixar and Toy Story world Buzz Lightyear.
There's too much I want to say but I don't want to mostly cause I'm a huge fanboy over Pixar films and animated films alike.
Anyways Toy Story 2 is a great sequel, a all time classic, a great sequel and a overall amazing movie I give this film a 10 out of 10 and this is the film I'd watch again and again any day I just love it that much.
July 15, 2016
In one of those rare occasions, where a sequel manages to either be just as good as the original or to surpass, "Toy Story 2" succeeds to surpass its predecessor in every way possible. This film is fantastic, with lots of emotion, humour and excitement.
June 30, 2016
Toy Story 2 is not only a landmark sequel but a landmark in cinema in general, much (or some would say even more) than it's predecessor. It contains all the great stuff that was in the original, such as great writing, great characters, dazzling animation, and great voice actors, and even stuff that wasn't, such as great new characters, even more, emotionally packed, drama, and a better villain (in my opinion).