Toys Are Not for Children Reviews

• Sep 04, 2012

A slow moving and overly downbeat film in which an emotionally stunted girl begins working as a prostitute in hopes of stumbling across her whore-mongering father, who her mother kicked out years ago. It's a bizarre ride, building to what can only be described as a sadly expected conclusion, but it's still worth a peep. Give it a rental.

• Apr 11, 2012

Toys Are Not For Children's psychological analysis of a young woman whose mentally never grown up isn't exactly a highly intellectual examination, rather opting for the blunt, one-dimensional justification which works more than it doesn't. The film paints the picture of a young woman whose penchant for toys, naive mindset, and warped sexual psychology stem from having an incredibly overbearing mother who essentially refused the young girl all contact with her father. What's kinda impressive about this film, in a demented way, is how even though it has barely any nudity or violence at all, it's an incredibly filthy, sleazy film that really get's under your skin. The most interesting aspects of the film, without question, are the flashback sequences which our young impressionable woman has from time-to-time. These scenes do a good job of getting us into this girls psyche, with some of the flashbacks giving us insights into how she relates her current situations, with those of her past. From the opening sequence, where the young girl plays with herself while saying "daddy, daddy", you kinda know what type of film this is and whether you want to bother experiencing it. It's not great by any means, consisting of a rather 1-dimensional justification for our characters warped sexual psychology, but it has some memorable sequences and moments throughout and it's unashamed to go all out in its beliefs.