Trail of Ashes Reviews

• Dec 06, 2020

Slow ,boring , rubbish story . Grade B

Slow ,boring , rubbish story . Grade B

• Dec 05, 2020

This film has all the elements of being great, but I tired of its two-note presentation. It could really benefit being run through the hands of a skilled editor, who knows how to ignite the rhythms of scenes and story elements. If this were based on a book, I would really be interested in reading it.

• Dec 05, 2020

It was dense but LOVED the atmosphere of it all.

It was dense but LOVED the atmosphere of it all.

• Dec 05, 2020

Great cinematography and a new take on the fantasy genre. Pleasantly surprised.

Great cinematography and a new take on the fantasy genre. Pleasantly surprised.

• Dec 05, 2020

An interesting mix of genres.

An interesting mix of genres.

• Dec 04, 2020

I'm always a sucker for genre mixing especially when one of those genres is fantasy. Trail of Ashes attempts to try something different but it doesn't always work out in the end. Even so I feel like the acting from director/writer Arturo Lizardi along with the cinematography are more than enough to keep people intrigued. For more please check out my Youtube channel.

• Dec 02, 2020

MEH. Kept falling asleep during it, it was so lack luster. Basically for me it would be great background noise for doing dishes.

• Dec 02, 2020

Extremely slow. Good visuals but the narrative was horrible.

Extremely slow. Good visuals but the narrative was horrible.

• Dec 02, 2020

Trail of Ashes is a lot of good things. A slow burn, a suspenseful dark fantasy thriller, a beautiful looking/editing, world building, intense, Film d'auteur. All of this in a very character focused history, that makes me think more of an Akira Kurosawa film or similar genres; this could be because I've been watching Kurosawa films recently. Other than Kurosawa films, it makes me feel the same as some of the following movies: Under My Skin, The Witch and The Fountain. So, if you like one of those, maybe you should check out Trail of Ashes. The film has a very heavy atmosphere and dark enough in its tones. This isn't a movie for casual audience, but one that the cinephiles will like. Has great music, lead by a beautiful cello. It's very dense and has a deep story along with great characters; it's hard to believe the achievement met by this indie production.

• Dec 01, 2020

Well this was an interesting film. Fascinating story, great job!

Well this was an interesting film. Fascinating story, great job!