Transcendent Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transcendent Man Reviews

December 15, 2016
If ever there was a man with a vision, its Ray Kurzweil
May 20, 2015
Very thought-provoking.
August 25, 2014
Future. Hindi yung inuman sa cubao o yung iniisip mo kung sino mapapangasawa mo at ilan magiging anak nyo. Interesting, medyo napahaba lang ang paliwanag sa ilang konsepto.
September 2, 2013
Really interesting documentary on RayKurzweil who discusses his theories of people merging with Machines in the not too distant future. He articulately discusses his theories and their basis, and the documentary does a good job of presenting opposing viewpoints to allow the audience the opportunity to make up their minds on what they're hearing. This is a MUST watch in my opinion!
July 6, 2013
Fascinating. A scary glimpse at our technologically advanced future.
½ May 25, 2013
The singularity is near. The possible interconnectivity of humankind through use of technology is a dazzling idea, but few dare to dream as bold as Ray Kurzweil.
April 7, 2013
Death is a natural consequence of life, right?
November 17, 2012
It was interesting, but not entertaining.
October 24, 2012
Here's a challenge: find a more captivating persona than Ray Kurzweil. It can't be done.
August 8, 2012
Great introduction to the overlap predicted between genetic, nanotechnology and robotic (AI) fields, as the result of our rapid technology growth.

Being an optimist or pessimist will determine if this is an exciting or terrifying premise.
July 9, 2012
He is a brilliant man, but he lacks any grounding. Since he "prophesied" one aspect of technological advancement, he thinks he knows exactly what's going to happen. It's a matter of hubris not hope, even though he hopes, desperately, to stave off death indefinitely. The singularity, according to Kurzweil is slated for mid 2040s, and at that point everything we know will change, will accelerate beyond any normal human being's control and the AI, and any enhanced people, will take over, will determine the future at the speed of thought. Too soon? Despite our technological acceleration, everything else seems stuck somewhere between 0 A.D. and 1987. I guess the singularity will wipe all our problems away. Cure-alls don't have a good history, and this one will create more problems than any one genius can fathom.
½ June 19, 2012
Although Ray Kurzweil does not seem like the most humblest or approachable of human beings, there is no doubt that he is a genius and visionary. This documentary presents a well balanced depiction of what is truly possibly in the next half century. Personally, i find it a very engrossing topic and will be purchasing his book after watching this.
May 20, 2012
This documentary paints a picture of Ray Kurzweil as a prolific and productive genius filled with a desperate energy to prove to himself and others that technology can give us hope to avoid the ultimate human problem, which he sees as death. While perhaps a little light on explanations of the science, the film attempts to get to the heart of Kurzweil's vision from many different angles as well as serves as an interesting introduction to the idea that we are on the verge of some profound technological evolution.
May 3, 2012
An equally terrifying and inspiring look into the near future, "Transcendent Man" operates first as a provocative bit of speculative science (non)fiction, but gradually becomes a character piece about the tragic Dr. Frankenstein at its center.
½ April 22, 2012
Thought provoking subject matter. Low rating given to the filmmaking.
½ March 3, 2012
An informative bio of Ray Kurzweil, one of the leading voices of the possibility of a Singularity within our time.
March 2, 2012
There's a lot of people endlessly smarter than me. But at least they have me thinking.
February 21, 2012
Interesting, but highly dumbed down when compared to his actual book(s). The dude has 2 dozen+ PHD's, and his book shows it. This movie is stylized in a sense to provide an emotional element to his quest of immortality (or something of the sense).

But ultimately, this man is a scientist and an innovator, and this movie didn't cover that enough, along with the upcoming innovations in technology (GNR was covered way too briefly).
February 20, 2012
Insightful. Well worth the watch. Kurzweil is an expert worth getting to know. No doubt our world is evolving at a pace that is accelerating at an exponential rate. I even understand what that means now, and I've been talking about it for years. This is very "nutritious" food for thought.
½ February 4, 2012
I watched a bit of this today, one out of curiosity and the other for inspiration. A balanced depiction of his views and those of opposition. Progressive thought, but I lack the boundless faith he has in collective societies to adapt toward a unified change. So many bad habits that anchor society. Takes an ocean of trust for that ‚Singularity‚? idea to sail. Respectable approach sore of an anti-doomsday, adapt or be left behind. I have a hard enough time keeping my cool with knuckle heads on the interstate, but accidents happen. Absolution or perfection is unattainable, no matter how you engineer it.