Transformers: Five Faces of Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Five Faces of Darkness Reviews

December 17, 2013
An interesting five-episode arc from the glorious Transformers cartoon. I still despise Rodimus Prime and the Quintessons with a passion. Season 3 wasn't my favorite and a majority of the episodes were really unentertaining, despite a few amazing ones. I prefer the newer, live-action "Bayformers". They're just so much more efficient in my mind.
April 21, 2012
Took me a minute to get into Rodimus but it was ok
April 19, 2012
trtttryftytyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyryrttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrswutyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
July 23, 2011
Wasn't the same without Optimus in Season 3, until near the end of the Season and The Return of Optimus Prime Parts 1 & 2. Rodimus Prime never grew on me and some of the new guys (Cup, Blur, Springer, Wheelie, and of course the kid, Daniel) were really lame. However the Decepticons were interesting with crazy Galvatron and all that infighting.
½ July 28, 2010
Considering how much G1 has aged, this episode arc is actually worth watching.
½ December 20, 2009
Another fabulous 5 episode arc. Loved the TV show as a kid.
December 8, 2009
it's the perfect follow up to the transformers movie.
the quintessons really pulled out all the stops
September 5, 2009
Took me a minute to get into Rodimus but it was ok
August 14, 2009
anything transformers...
½ August 9, 2009
kapan beredar d jkarta????
June 30, 2009
OLD SKOOL...I LIKE OLD SKOOL
June 24, 2009
This is not a movie, but a release of some episodes. Flixster needs to be more consistent! It's one of my least fav points of the series, but still it's a guilty pleasure.
June 21, 2009
Awesome cover The Autobots new Leader Rodimus Prime is the perfect cover for this DVD it really brings back memories of my good old 1980's childhood.
March 26, 2009
If it's part of the Transformers series, then it's good.
March 14, 2009
LOL TOTALLY BETTER THAN THE ONES OUT NOW
January 16, 2009
the new one is better...
January 12, 2009
it looks like a toy to me
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
November 23, 2008
WTF? People still drive camper vans in 2006?
½ October 16, 2008
The story line was a 5. The animation was a 2. Hence, a 3.5.

Like many fans of Season 2, I was missing Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, and the other passengers of "The Ark". Rodimus Prime was somewhat of a wuss compared Optimus, or even Ultra Magnus for that matter. Still, this particular story is the stuff of legend.

I liked the Quintesson angle and the subplot involving Blitzwing. Also, we learn a little more about the Autobot Matrix. It is indeed good storytelling.

A small warning however: if you watch the crisp visuals of TF:TM, and then watch the eye-manure of this mini-series, you might need a hug.