Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

May 6, 2018
It's Script Is Messy. But OH MY GOD, The 3rd Act Is FANTASTIC!!!
April 22, 2018
Michael Bays third installment comes off as a total improvement over the last one but still not as good and enjoyable as the first one due to its first two acts that happen to be extremely painful and boring with a number of subplots, sam has a new girlfriend portrayed by rosie huntington whiteley, he needs to find a job in order to suport her, there is a love triangle drama going on between sam, rosie and patrick dempsey, a series of discoveries over things about sentinel primes moonlanding etc, this is all stuff that nobody ever asked for in a transformers film, we all just want to see the transformers themselves on screen, however the last is basically a 34 minute string of nonstop action and explosions and becomes a really entertaining action film but still its another disapointing mess that has praiseworthy aspects such as its cgi and special effects nevertheless its far more watchable than the second and its definitely worth buying on blue ray, its not a terrible movie at all but comes off as mediocre.
April 3, 2018
Transformers 3 has even better special effects than any other movie ever made, and is much better than all three of Revenge of the Fallen, Age of Extinction and The Last Knight, the special effects, action sequences, emotional depth and complete tragic battle of Chicago are groundbreaking. The screen is busy and filled with falling debris, angry fighting robots and blue electricity blasts every single minute. Michael Bay even if he doesn't know how to satisfy angry G-Whiners and harsh professional screenplay-demanding critics he still figures out how to create 3 magical hours of Optimus Prime killing evil robots from enslaving humans and stealing earth from us. That being said, I am deeply heartbroken over this movie killing off (or apparently discontinuing) Ironhide, Wheeljack and Starscream.

My favorite special effects sequences are:
* Optimus spinning around and around as he swoops into the ground from the sky in his jetpack causing explosions everywhere and using his axe to swing at and chop Decepticons into pieces
* The Driller crumbling down the skyscraper and the humans being forced to jump out the window sliding on the skyscraper
* The Decepticons arriving from the moon through a portal smashing down police cars wherever they see
* The Dreads chasing down Autobots back on the highway and bridge
* Starscream and Sam fighting.
* Bumblebee and Sam rescuing Carly.
* Laserbeak stalking and then throwing Jerry out the window.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is definitely one of my favorite American movies of all time and one of my favorite movies of the 2010s decade.
michael e.
½ March 29, 2018
As you guys may know Transformers is one of my top 5 favorite movies, the action was great, the visuals fantastic, plot great, everything was flawless, so when I heard they were making another movie i got hyped as hell. It Blew, it seemed like more of a parody of the first than a sequel, so when they announced another sequel I wasn't completely interested but when i saw the trailer, MIND BLOWN. So naturally I got hyped again, and today I finally saw the movie I named the number 1 movie to see this summer, and guess what it was awesome!!! I have to say this movie is the most gruesome thing ive ever watched, ill have to give away most of the plot because its impossible to write this and not talk about the plot. One warning about this movie NOBODY GOOD AND BAD DIES A SIMPLE DEATH. This movie is emotionally powerful if you have seen the other two movies, mainly because they kill off 5 main characters, not simply, BRUTALLY. You know Ironhide from the first two movies that has cannon hands, killed by a Autobot Betrayer (Voiced by Leonard Nimoy) and he F*CKING DISENTIGRATES. The movie is just way to hard to describe without giving anything away but i have to say it is a spectacle and a worthy successor to the first movie, the only problem i have with the movie is that the film has way to many unnessecary scenes and dragged the movie on a little to long, but the apocalyptic scenery and the ending hour of fighting is fantastic to watch.
March 27, 2018
A lot better than it's predecessors, "Dark of the Moon" offers a better story and great visuals. It's still not a "good" film though.
½ March 26, 2018
There was just too much going on, concentration is impossible, and Shia's screaming/arguing is unbearable. It was a mess, but hey still watched it.
March 25, 2018
Technically respectable, and certainly a significant step up from its execrable predecessor. But it is still an overly garish and noisy affair, replete with whiny and exhaustingly self-pitying heroes, villains with incomprehensible motivations, acting that ranges from bored to grating, a "dark" story that provides a rickety, ludicrous framework for cartoony ultra violence, and far too many elements lifted from other movies and barely repackaged as new. Not really entertainment, more an endurance test gladly completed with relief.
½ March 18, 2018
??????????????????????????????? 7/10 ???????????????????????????
March 17, 2018
6/10 Dark of the Moon is stupid and poorly acted. But it's much better than it's predecessor, with a faster pace and some pretty fun action sequences. And the special effects are still great.
March 10, 2018
This is without a doubt the best Transformers movie and one of the best movies EVER!!! So amazing, awesome, and excellent. The only thing is that Megan Fox isn't in it. But besides that, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon is a breathtaking masterpiece. Everyone in this movie was great. The action was great and awesome. It's SOOOO GOOD!! Definitely one of the best movies of all time.
March 3, 2018
Transformers Dark of the Moon had amazing action scenes and it is an awesome movie to watch.
February 16, 2018
I didn't think they could do better but they did. The story is deep and immersive and won't let you go. The effects are brilliant as always and they 'bots characters are brought out a little more. A fun ride as always.
February 11, 2018
while this third installment of Transformers maybe slightly better than the previous film, it still lacks story, running time and overlong action scenes
February 9, 2018
Finally got round to seeing it at the cinema in 3D. I really do not understand the criticism of this film. Yes it's long, has a slowish build up and no Megan Fox. The new girl appears out of no where? However once the action does start it, doesn't stop and it doesn't feel as long as it is. The SFX have gone up a notch again and the level of detail in the slo-mo shots mid action are amazing! All this with live performers in the mix to. This film is a pure blast, fun, entertaining and a work of technical excellence. It's better than the 2nd and on par with the first. If you want to be entertained and have your eyes dazzled see this. What the critics thought they were going to see I don't know?
February 3, 2018
With dazzling special effects, an action-packed plot, and amazing-as-always character designs, TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON will be the closest you can get to the original, yet once again has a bloated running time.
½ January 24, 2018
A marginal improvement over the prior film. Each once seems to be a stand alone film with little to do with the prior film. I only watched it once and I had to take a phone call while Bill O'Reilly's scene played. That's the only regret I have about this movie. Plus at the time I had a bit of a foot fetish and I noticed the supermodel's shoes during the final battle went from heels to flats to heels to flats multiple times.

Please avoid!
½ January 10, 2018
As painful an experience as part 2. I didnt even bother finishing this one. The fx may be beautiful, but the painful dialogue and horrible...everything makes this an almost unwatchable film.

------
Bad fun and surprisingly full of people and robots dying. It's a war movie, with robots versus humans and it delivers on that in spades. The story is horrid, but it has a great time blowing things up. Meghan Fox's absence is definitely felt, but this movie is a blast. Big dumb fun.
½ January 3, 2018
The last "good" Transformers movie, unfortunately. It's fun action, and that's all it needs to be.
½ December 28, 2017
Dark of the Moon enhances its predecessor on many levels but the inconsistent screenplay and 40% of the lacking performances aren't enough to strive the franchise back to the way it's originally meant to be.
½ December 23, 2017
Stop making these movies!