Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 3, 2017
Great acting enjoyed it but it was really missing plot details that were important and had to many details that were completely useless.
½ December 30, 2016
This movie definitely gets an extra half star due to the awesomeness that was the 3D. If you choose not to see this film in 3D, you are missing out on a huge aspect of the film. With that out of the way, Transformers 3 is a movie with about as much soul and character development as well...nothing. This movie does not really care for its characters or story too much but that is not the point of a Transformers film. These movies are meant to be watched for pure entertainment, forgetting the outside world. Transformers 3 is no exception. This is not a story driven film but more of a virtual roller coaster ride. If anyone can get past the first 90 minutes of corny, cheesy humor this movie has to offer, you will not be disappointed with the final hour. It is a massive climax that will appeal to many as the spectacle and scope are phenomenal. This is probably the greatest action I have ever seen put on screen and that was all I was hoping for in a Transformers film. Overall, Transformers: Dark of the Moon delivered on the action standpoint but on a story level, it was a huge failure.
½ December 26, 2016
Probably the best movie in the Michael Bay series.
December 25, 2016
The third installment in the series is noticeably better than the second, even if it still faces similar problems that have continually plagued this franchise.

Shia LaBeouf returns as Sam Witwicky in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. When a mysterious event from Earth's past erupts into the present day it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us.

The "Transformers" franchise has faced its ups and downs, albeit mostly downs. But with the third installment, they looked to change a few things up. If anything, all of those changes were really positive overall, but the writers still don't know how to capture that essence of these fun, alien robots and there's still something missing. Although it was a good step in the right direction for this franchise, there's still a lot of work to be done.

Shia LaBeouf returns for the final time, reprising his role as Sam. As a a fan first and "critic" second, I still claim that Shia is a great actor. Although the roles and films he's been in aren't the brightest, it doesn't take away the fact that he's a great actor with a lot of talent. This is someone who can capture that emotional intensity of a role while really bringing out the true nature of the character at hand. I absolutely love Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, as she's a huge step up from Megan Fox. Not that Megan Fox is terrible, but she certainly wasn't the best. Hearing them cast a Victoria Secret Model as the leading female role raised some eyebrows, but she's a pretty decent actress overall and she was utilized much better than Fox's character was. John Turturro was still overused in this film and was much more of an annoyance than a help. His character is still annoying and bratty and he really serves no purpose. They do bring back the crew of Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson, which is a nice continuity aspect for these films.

The special effects, like always, are still fantastic. Despite the ridiculous overuse of firework explosions in random places, you still have to admit that everything looks fantastic. Everything from the transformers to the action, it all looks fantastic. This is a perfect example of the epicness that sci-fi movies should look like, and it's one of the strongest attributes the franchise has held.

The story is a bit better than the previous film, but still a bit overdone and unfathomable at times. I mean, come on, bringing an entire planet over to Earth? How does that even work? How does that solve anything?? Minor spoiler there I guess, sorry. But despite some of those head-scratchers, I like how the story feels darker than any of the previous films. Even the trailers gave off this extremely dark vibe and although the film never really captured that, I liked the slight adjustment in tone.

In the end, there's not much to say about this movie because I would just be repeating what I said about the other films. I feel like at this point, it's just how these movies execute because they all have very similar problems and very similar positives. I did enjoy this more than the second film but not more than the first, and that has to be some sort of consolidation. If you're a fan of the franchise, you'll like this movie. If not, this movie won't offer anything new and will probably just run your patience down to zero.
December 17, 2016
thats wat makes it good rtansformers is about blowing shit up!!!
December 10, 2016
Love the last 20 mins
December 8, 2016
brilliant one especially after revenge of the fallen not being that good
½ December 7, 2016
74%
This film is one of my big time guilty pleasures. I don't like this film's blotted length or poor acting from the leads, but this film has a good voice cast. Actually this film' plot elements have been copied by The Avengers(2012) and Man of Steel(2013). Shea Labeouf and his girlfriend issues are extremely irritating. The CGI is good too.
December 6, 2016
Almost all the Micheal Bay-isms are gone, but that actually makes the movie worse. The transformers are on screen for 1/2 the time. 1/2 the time they're on screen they fight. That means only 1/4 of the movie is showing the transformers in a fight scene. The rest is unfunny humor, big breasted woman getting out of cars, human fighting, and stereotypes. At least when the transformers were fighting it was good. But it brought spirit. And that's what matters

Grade: C
½ December 6, 2016
Story is written by a 2nd grader, but it's got really great action sequences and satisfyingly brutal robot on robot violence
jamrcla
½ December 6, 2016
A brilliant sequel the action scenes were excellent, The special effects were again spot on, The 3D Was good but there was no need for it but in some scenes it was well done, Overall a must see, Forget the negative reviews this is one of the best films of the year, Maybe the first film was better in many other ways but the 2h 35min went very quick, I didn't want it to end.
December 5, 2016
I liked it. Much better than the second one
December 2, 2016
Loved this movie! This and the first are the best films in the Transformers franchise!
½ November 29, 2016
The story is shitty as always but the action-packed third act is still pretty entertaining
November 28, 2016
I only like this movie was cause of optimus prime rage
November 26, 2016
I enjoyed this film sentinel prime was good but I hated megatron cause of his form
November 17, 2016
Transformers: Dark of the Moon has no plot, no emotions, no heart and no brain. But, it has robots, a model and awesome special effects. Will they ever learn?!
November 15, 2016
Transformers 3 has even better special effects than any other movie ever made, and is much better than both Revenge of the Fallen and Age of Extinction, the special effects, action sequences, emotional depth and complete tragic battle of Chicago are groundbreaking.
½ November 12, 2016
I actually quite like transformers: dark of the moon. it is without question a massive improvement over revenge of the fallen. before this movie came out, I was concerned but curious. the fact the megatron turned into a human truck was cool. the fact that the film introduced shockwave (even though he didn't do shit throughout), sentinel prime, and the wreckers. ratchet has a new paint job and the debut of wheeljack are good additions.

Owens grade: B