Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

August 17, 2017
Transformers: Dark of the Moon is Awesome in 3D to watch :)
August 13, 2017
My only complaint is the fact that Megan Fox had to go.
½ August 12, 2017
Another in the series of Michael Bay filmography that's specifically made to make a shitton of money in China.
August 11, 2017
With dazzling special effects, an action-packed plot, and amazing-as-always character designs, TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON will be the closest you can get to the original, yet once again has a bloated running time.
August 11, 2017
The battle of Chicago full scene is so adrenaline awesome.
½ August 8, 2017
This movie was OK. Of course you got the same things as usual from the Bay films: the explosions, the hot ladies, and so on. But fun fact: this film had 3 actors that passed away unfortunately: Leonard Nimoy, Franscsco Quinn and George Coe. I kind of liked Dino/Mirage in the movie. Que/Wheeljack however though really bothering me. Bay made him from one of the most bad*** scientists into an Einstein stereotype; I don't mean to disrespect George Coe who voiced Que, but Bay did choose a poor decision to insult one of our favorite G1 Autobots and turn him into Robo-Einstein-esc guy. And people are going to disagree, but I LOVE Sentinel Prime in this movie. Yes he killed Ironhide, be also killed Skids and Mudflap in the comics along with him. His voice and design is great and even his fire truck alt mode is cool. And yet the Wreckers were pretty enjoyable characters too. But one thing I didn't like in the movie is HOW BAY TREATED SHOCKWAVE!!! This guy appeared as an easter egg in ROTF, AND YET BAY JUST POINTLESSLY ADDED HIM INTO THE MOVIE, and as a result, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING IN THE MOVIE EXCEPT SHOOTING OPTIMUS AND TANGLING HIM IN WIRES, and of course, DIE!!! He didn't even attack Chernobyl, he just had his pet worm to DO ALL THE WORK FOR HIM!!! SCREW YOU MICHAEL BAY, YOU PIECE OF-alright I'll stop now. Overall, the movie was OK.
½ August 6, 2017
Out of the whole franchise this is the one that did really well for me, it's far from being perfect but I'm happy with what came out.
½ August 5, 2017
Great and also more about the transformers and less about Sam's life also more action at least???
½ July 30, 2017
horribleness is this movie whats the story line only cool thing is the first 10 explosions other than that boring
July 30, 2017
First five minutes of the film: Wow, the writers must have learned how to write a compelling story.
After the first five minutes: Nope, there's the typical Michael Bay upskirt shot of a victoria's secret model.
Now where all are the explosions? Most likely young boy's pants everywhere.
July 26, 2017
A very emotional, action packed fun and entertaining movie is a welcomed improvement over revenge of the fallen
July 26, 2017
And those stars are for the final hour!
July 24, 2017
Transformers 3 has even better special effects than any other movie ever made, and is much better than all three of Revenge of the Fallen, Age of Extinction and The Last Knight, the special effects, action sequences, emotional depth and complete tragic battle of Chicago are groundbreaking. The screen is busy and filled with falling debris, angry fighting robots and blue electricity blasts every single minute. Michael Bay even if he doesn't know how to satisfy angry G-Whiners and harsh professional screenplay-demanding critics he still figures out how to create 3 magical hours of Optimus Prime killing evil robots from enslaving humans and stealing earth from us. That being said, I am deeply heartbroken over this movie killing off (or apparently discontinuing) Ironhide, Wheeljack and Starscream.

My favorite special effects sequences are:
* Optimus spinning around and around as he swoops into the ground from the sky in his jetpack causing explosions everywhere and using his axe to swing at and chop Decepticons into pieces
* The Driller crumbling down the skyscraper and the humans being forced to jump out the window sliding on the skyscraper
* The Decepticons arriving from the moon through a portal smashing down police cars wherever they see
* The Dreads chasing down Autobots back on the highway and bridge
* Starscream and Sam fighting.
* Bumblebee and Sam rescuing Carly.
* Laserbeak stalking and then throwing Jerry out the window.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is definitely one of my favorite American movies of all time and one of my favorite movies of the 2010s decade.
July 24, 2017
The human element once again falls flat with boring characters that are un-interesting and annoying. In-particular Dempsey and Malkovich who are so irrelevant and pointless, with redundant story arcs that add nothing. The re-casting of the female lead was a welcome change and could/should have been the start of something fresh, but Bay just falls back into the usual trope with over-sexualised female that has no depth and no real acting ability. The action sequences and climax of the film is extraordinary in terms of scale and set piece, but cutting back forth between boring sub-plots and over crowded characters is annoying. Due to the absolute tragedy of pacing in this film, the film's final battle between the Transformers literary lasts seconds and a disappointing venture that should've been it's last.
July 22, 2017
I feel like this was the same movie as the second Transformers...
½ July 20, 2017
While perhaps no Transformers sequel can ever live up to the first film, Dark of the Moon is pretty much the best Transformers sequel to date. An improvement over the mostly awful "yet-I-felt-the-need-to-give-it-two-point-five-stars-out-of-generosity" Revenge of the Fallen. Michael Bay may be a director who feasts upon the money he makes out of all of you but at least he listens to your complaints when he wants to. He gets rid of the racist twins from the last movie and gives Optimus Prime more screen time. It's overlong, yes. It's story isn't any different. The Decepticons wanting to do bad things to humanity because they're belived to be beyond saving. Megan Fox's replacement is not more than an attractive damsel in distress. Yet this time, it actually entertains. The special effects are as impressive as always, the action sequences are mind-blowingly awesome with a lot better execution than in the repetitive ones in RotF and there's some really great shots. Makes me wish I could've seen the movie back in 2011 in 3D. You know, when 3D was still worth your while. There are some really cool shots that must've been amazing to see in the third dimension. Perhaps the best performances are from the robots rather than the actual humans but this one still manages to pack in enough entertainment value to cover its exhaustingly overlong running time. This one could appear one day, on a Top 10 list of my favourite Michael Bay movies. And I mean that as in either as a director or as a producer. However, that day is yet to come.
July 20, 2017
This is the best one since the first movie and almost better than it, this transformers movie has lots of action and funny acting from Shia and others
July 13, 2017
The franchise was an absolute mess after the second film but die hard fans were dying to see if the series could redirect. The short answer is yes and it isn't a high quality restructure but it delivers a story that hits highs that the last film could only dream about. The biggest issue here is the long running time that has a thin storyline that lacks any twists or interesting developments. The Bay train is in full swing and the problem is clearly him, he cannot move the film in a coherent way. I will admit he can direct set pieces but without any emotional core it is very empty. The final 50 minutes is incredible action, you can almost forgive the film for floundering the initial two thirds. The moment all the characters hit the end point, it is kinetic action scene after another and these are eye popping, Bay shoots the hell out of these scenes. The real problem is the silly moments and the comic feel, his team did exactly the same with the TMNT reboot. It's a shame the story isn't the strongest as Optimus Prime and team are incredible, hearing Cullens voice is a childhood dream. I hoped this would be the film to pave the way but having a voice behind the camera like Bay, it robs the film of any emotion. Look at Pearl Harbour for any further proof, corny and terrible. 14-07-2017.
½ July 10, 2017
It's really almost the same movie as the last two just with a slightly different plot, but thankfully, it doesn't have as much of the annoying human characters, the humor is toned down, it actually tries to take itself more serious, and has a lot of cool throw downs near the end. A fine movie to watch if want to turn your brain off and see a bunch of giant robots fighting with big explosions.
½ July 9, 2017
this movie has many flaws:
-weak megatron
-they made shockwave not look cool at all or did anything cool. He doesn't even talk despite he talks in the good transformers video games (transformers fall of cybertron)
-action is not great or as exciting like TF1 even TF2.

+some action is cool....some.
+optimus kicks butt like never before. he does the most exciting things than any other movie....
+plot is better than TF2 but not as good or close to TF1

bottom line: a medicore or max, an average movie.