Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

½ June 25, 2017
While it's not a great film it is a step up from the last one. I enjoyed it.
jamrcla
½ June 25, 2017
A brilliant sequel that has some of the best action scenes I've ever seen, The special effects were again spot on, The 3D Was good but there was no need for it but in some scenes it was well done, Overall a must see, Forget the negative reviews this is one of the best films of 2011, The first hour and a half can drag abit but at least it bothers to try and tell a good plot this time even of it is yet again ridiculous but we all know the Transformers films are not about Quality acting or good plots they're about entertainment and they deliver, Just like Rise Of The Fallen it had a huge final battle scene that this time felt much bigger and better, Ignore plot holes, Biased critics just sit back and enjoy some of the best effects and action scenes on screen you will see for a long time.
June 25, 2017
I guess the critics dont appreciate Transformers movies for what they are- predictable but epic action movies. Screw the story, I want to see giant robots destroying each other, explosions, chases, big guns and rockets....and MORE explosions! Best film of the trilogy.
½ June 25, 2017
And those stars are for the final hour!
June 25, 2017
C- it's too long and bunch and bunch of action
June 25, 2017
The last hour is Bay's shining moment. Unbelievable spectacle.
June 25, 2017
Not my favorite Transformers movie, but it was still amazing!!!!!
June 25, 2017
One of the best transformers films in the series.
June 25, 2017
Transformers 3 has even better special effects than any other movie ever made, and is much better than both Revenge of the Fallen, Age of Extinction and The Last Knight, the special effects, action sequences, emotional depth and complete tragic battle of Chicago are groundbreaking. The screen is busy and filled with falling debris, angry fighting robots and blue electricity blasts every single minute. Michael Bay even if he doesn't know how to satisfy angry G-Whiners and harsh professional screenplay-demanding critics he still figures out how to create 3 magical hours of Optimus Prime killing evil robots from enslaving humans and stealing earth from us. That being said, I am deeply heartbroken over this movie killing off (or apparently discontinuing) Ironhide, Wheeljack and Starscream.

My favorite special effects sequences are:
* Optimus spinning around and around as he swoops into the ground from the sky in his jetpack causing explosions everywhere and using his axe to swing at and chop Decepticons into pieces
* The Driller crumbling down the skyscraper and the humans being forced to jump out the window sliding on the skyscraper
* The Decepticons arriving from the moon through a portal smashing down police cars wherever they see
* The Dreads chasing down Autobots back on the highway and bridge
* Starscream and Sam fighting.
* Bumblebee and Sam rescuing Carly.
* Laserbeak stalking and then throwing Jerry out the window.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is definitely one of my favorite American movies of all time and one of my favorite movies of the 2010s decade.
½ June 24, 2017
Transformers: Dark of the Moon is Awesome in 3D to watch :)
June 24, 2017
Well I fell asleep during this movie. I'll come back to review it when I see it again.
June 24, 2017
The best in the franchise! A mix of phenomenal action as well as a great story! If you could only watch one of the Michael Bay directed Transformers films, I'd 100% say watch this one!
June 24, 2017
One of the few installments with genuine intrigue or grit. Now, the characters are still uninteresting, the cast is still filled with baffling stars that could (and probably should) be doing other things, and much of the action is still difficult to read.
See Super 8 instead.
June 24, 2017
I love the third film because it's so much better than the second one. Dark of the moon is a awesome action pack sci-fi film with impressive visual effects and a very good story just like the first film. This is the best one ever in the franchise well done awesome film and the best one ever.
June 23, 2017
Best transformers movie in the movie series by far. The performances are great, the action is jaw dropping and brutal. This film has emotional weight and stakes, something the others lacked. Optimus prime is a total beast in this movie. Shia returns as Sam and gives his best performance yet. Megatron and his minions are truly terrifying in this movie. I highly recommend this film.
½ June 23, 2017
Optimus Prime is in the movie for about a half hour. That half hour is over-the-top fun, thanks to Peter Cullen delivering lines like no other. Michael Bay hasn't changed much. He still harbors phobias for gays and foreigners. He still hates women, but likes to watch things 'splode.
June 22, 2017
GODDAMN IT, MICHAEL BAY!!! YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. You promised us a movie with a better story then ROTF had, and you still failed.

While it is better then ROTF, it's still a very boring movie.
½ June 22, 2017
Transformers: Dark of the Moon does it's best to fix the mistakes of the train wreck that is Revenge of the Fallen, but sadly there's no going back. The story here is bland, but they do try to add new characters to the mix that somewhat pay off. It's CGI as good as it get's, but the movie is just too loud and bloated. Its last 45 minutes is one huge action scene that just drains the hell out of you. If you like Transformers and know what you're getting yourself into, go see it. Otherwise there's nothing new here that will make you believe in these films.
½ June 21, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: This is undoubtedly yet another movie that you can sit and drool at without engaging your brain, which can certainly be appealing if a) you're 5 years old, or b) you're after a dumb action movie to eat popcorn and think about other things to. That's totally fine, and there's certainly plenty here to allow all that as Michael Bay delivers yet more mindless action and huge spectacle-sequences backed up by a great score from Steve Jablonsky.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sadly though, copy and paste is yet again all that these movies are by now, and that's all they deserve in return as every installment emulates all the flaws and dull-ness of its predecessor.
As a result, there's again absolutely nothing to engage you here - the characters are vastly under-written and have less life than the robots that dominate the screen (which really is saying something), the story is an over-serious and terribly complicated maze of un-interesting sub-plots that noone really cares about, and the product placement of actual products is almost as startling as the placement of women, who may as well be 'products' in the eyes of the film itself. As a result, you'll end up truly disengaged, uninterested and slightly wincing as the film proceeds for the entirety of its hugely overlong run-time here.
VERDICT: Another exceedingly dull and uninteresting film for me; 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' is exactly the same as its predecessor. Come on Michael Bay, you can do better than this.