Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews
My favorite special effects sequences are:
* Optimus spinning around and around as he swoops into the ground from the sky in his jetpack causing explosions everywhere and using his axe to swing at and chop Decepticons into pieces
* The Driller crumbling down the skyscraper and the humans being forced to jump out the window sliding on the skyscraper
* The Decepticons arriving from the moon through a portal smashing down police cars wherever they see
* The Dreads chasing down Autobots back on the highway and bridge
* Starscream and Sam fighting.
* Bumblebee and Sam rescuing Carly.
* Laserbeak stalking and then throwing Jerry out the window.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon is definitely one of my favorite American movies of all time and one of my favorite movies of the 2010s decade.
While it is better then ROTF, it's still a very boring movie.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sadly though, copy and paste is yet again all that these movies are by now, and that's all they deserve in return as every installment emulates all the flaws and dull-ness of its predecessor.
As a result, there's again absolutely nothing to engage you here - the characters are vastly under-written and have less life than the robots that dominate the screen (which really is saying something), the story is an over-serious and terribly complicated maze of un-interesting sub-plots that noone really cares about, and the product placement of actual products is almost as startling as the placement of women, who may as well be 'products' in the eyes of the film itself. As a result, you'll end up truly disengaged, uninterested and slightly wincing as the film proceeds for the entirety of its hugely overlong run-time here.
VERDICT: Another exceedingly dull and uninteresting film for me; 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' is exactly the same as its predecessor. Come on Michael Bay, you can do better than this.