Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

½ July 10, 2016
Everything was awesome except the ausence of Megan Fox
July 10, 2016
Good movie typical for the francesize and yes a ok movie
July 7, 2016
When's it gonna end?
½ July 5, 2016
Transformer: Dark of the Moon an improvement, but it still the same as the first two.
½ July 1, 2016
Like all of the Transformers movies, the CGI is great, but CGI alone can not save a long, boring movie with a mediocre and similar plot as it's previous films.
June 29, 2016
Transformers: Dark of the Moon is amazing and entertaining. Michael Bay picked Chicago as the perfect place to shoot this movie and it was a great pick by him. The plot of this movie is brilliant. Great job!! I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 28, 2016
This film is so much better than both previous films combined! It actually has a story that's interesting, the robots themselves are more fleshed out (meaning you do feel something for them when they're in trouble) and the battle scenes are just amazing. What's more, the human characters do have an essential role in this film (not great performances, but at least their characters are more important than they were in previous films). A great way to finish a mediocre trilogy.
June 21, 2016
This film bounces the franchise back if only slightly from an abysmal sequel. Megan Fox departs and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley takes her place as the one-dimensional female lead that serves only as eye candy and a distressed damsel. The story is at least a little better than the sequel but still not as strong as the first film. The Whitwickey parents' banter also is getting old and monotonous. Leonard Nimoy as the older Prime is very well voiced. And as always, effects done well.
June 18, 2016
I really don't get the hate. the action is epic, the robots kick ass, and the comedy usually works. Apart from some plot holes, many unbelievable stunts and an annoying Ken Jeong, this really is a great summer blockbuster. An action packed spectacle that is in my opinion, the best of the trilogy.
½ June 13, 2016
Better than second movie by far. I believe its underestimated little should be in 40 and higher
½ June 7, 2016
Another Bot movie at the same war just a different time.
½ June 5, 2016
Maybe a SLIGHT upgrade on the previous movie, but that's not saying much because its still barely worth watching.
½ June 1, 2016
My least favorite transformers movie but still was ok
½ May 26, 2016
May 24, 2016
My personal favorite in the series. The CGI and action scenes are terrific, and Steve Jablonsky's score is incredible. I also feel that Shia Labeouf isn't as annoying as he's previously been. This movie isn't for everyone, but if you're a fan of this series, you will definitely enjoy this one.
May 22, 2016
Everything likes me but i dont like that Megan For dont was here
½ May 16, 2016
OK. ok movie but not a GREAT movie. Best out of the 4 movies. B-
May 14, 2016
I think its an optional decision because this is the most practical and comedic if the entire blockbuster!
May 1, 2016
Makes up for the mediocre second film. It's not perfect, but its still fun with a decent action packed plot and characters. B.
April 22, 2016
Too many questions than answers. Does he write his screenplay on the set? With the set pieces and the thought process that has to go into the action sequences (which covers most of the movie) seems impossible for that.. Is he that genius where he shoots what he feels like and covers it up with VFX later? Does Chuck Norris writer cringe hearing this movies dialogues? What is the gorgeous girl doing outside of a calendar or a ramp?
Watching the graphics expertise makes me feel like a crazy amount of money, talent, time and effort is being drained down in the wrong hole. The VFX work is sophisticated, complex and involves heavy planning, thinking and execution effort and in my opinion Michael Bay would go a long way and win many hearts if he can try just being a visual effects supervisor. Really the work here is much better than Avatar or Avengers.

Synopsis: Fox is replaced by another hottie. Characters from the previous editions reprise same roles and dialogues. Nobody know what Decepticons are fighting for and Autobots are like overstayed guests.

With a long list of mechanical characters, Bay tried to bring in the entire Hollywood to elevate the missing aesthetic value like Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong, John Turturo etc. Instead of utilizing their special talents to arrive at a fresh flavor, all these talented actors succumb to buffoonery along with the rest of the cast. The robots behave more human than the actual actors themselves which is another thing that makes me cringe.
There is actually a weird scene where a division captain instructs his team to hold fire until he commands, while actually all of them are shooting.

If not for the visual effects grandeur, its rating would have been on the negative.