Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

½ June 23, 2017
Optimus Prime is in the movie for about a half hour. That half hour is over-the-top fun, thanks to Peter Cullen delivering lines like no other. Michael Bay hasn't changed much. He still harbors phobias for gays and foreigners. He still hates women, but likes to watch things 'splode.
June 22, 2017
GODDAMN IT, MICHAEL BAY!!! YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. You promised us a movie with a better story then ROTF had, and you still failed.

While it is better then ROTF, it's still a very boring movie.
½ June 22, 2017
Transformers: Dark of the Moon does it's best to fix the mistakes of the train wreck that is Revenge of the Fallen, but sadly there's no going back. The story here is bland, but they do try to add new characters to the mix that somewhat pay off. It's CGI as good as it get's, but the movie is just too loud and bloated. Its last 45 minutes is one huge action scene that just drains the hell out of you. If you like Transformers and know what you're getting yourself into, go see it. Otherwise there's nothing new here that will make you believe in these films.
½ June 21, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: This is undoubtedly yet another movie that you can sit and drool at without engaging your brain, which can certainly be appealing if a) you're 5 years old, or b) you're after a dumb action movie to eat popcorn and think about other things to. That's totally fine, and there's certainly plenty here to allow all that as Michael Bay delivers yet more mindless action and huge spectacle-sequences backed up by a great score from Steve Jablonsky.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sadly though, copy and paste is yet again all that these movies are by now, and that's all they deserve in return as every installment emulates all the flaws and dull-ness of its predecessor.
As a result, there's again absolutely nothing to engage you here - the characters are vastly under-written and have less life than the robots that dominate the screen (which really is saying something), the story is an over-serious and terribly complicated maze of un-interesting sub-plots that noone really cares about, and the product placement of actual products is almost as startling as the placement of women, who may as well be 'products' in the eyes of the film itself. As a result, you'll end up truly disengaged, uninterested and slightly wincing as the film proceeds for the entirety of its hugely overlong run-time here.
VERDICT: Another exceedingly dull and uninteresting film for me; 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' is exactly the same as its predecessor. Come on Michael Bay, you can do better than this.
½ June 21, 2017
So Transformers: Dark of the Moon was REALLY good but... it still shoulda been called "Sam Witwicky AND the Transformers." NOT ENOUGH TRANSFORMERS!!! It was a well rounded movie tho, pretty rewarding. Few deaths that blew me away, GREAT 3D, slow parts that shoulda been faster, and fast parts that shoulda been slowed down. I got part 4 plotted out so Bay needs to give me a call!
June 20, 2017
A wonderful film with amazing action you never get tired trust me
June 20, 2017
The first half of this movie is pretty boring, we watch as Sam tries to get a job and he realizes that he wants to be with the Transformers even though in the last movie he just wanted to get away from them. The last 45 mins is filled with mindless fun action that will make you cheer.
June 20, 2017
Only thing good about this film the song was intense sentinel prime megatron shock wave and can't forget optimus prime
½ June 19, 2017
Dark of the Moon is an improvement over the previous film. The CGI is once again amazing, and the 3-D special effects are marvelous. Unfortunately, the film is overlong, the story is thin, and the acting needs improvement.
½ June 18, 2017
The third film almost recaptures the franchises charm. Shia is a solid and not a cartoon. The Autobots are great, with Optimus again having standout action moments. Big, loud, and looks great.
June 18, 2017
Amazing visual effects !!!! Definitely a must see !!!
June 18, 2017
An action packed ride with a great villain
½ June 18, 2017
Way too high to be on this list:
Critics: 23%
Viewers: 34%
June 17, 2017
I guess I'll see it ...eventually.
½ June 17, 2017
Great for a Transformers movie.
June 16, 2017
"Once again impressive direction, gorgeous visuals, and epic 3D, each of those combined and you'll get a better sequel than ever! The jokes are approved, the characters are very well done, and the action is just so much fun! Although still some of the logic was off and this is a very dark sequel even for younger views and not to mention this film was brought to us by Hasbro which makes me laugh every time I see the opening credits. However this is a fun time and I think you'll have fun seeing this epic sequel."
½ June 16, 2017
A definite step up from the second film. This one almost does it, but suffers from such a BS plot and a final battle sequence that runs just a bit too long. It's been three years since the events of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009). Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) has saved the world twice, but he can't seem to find a job. His new girlfriend Carly (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley) seems understanding enough, but pulls some strings with her boss Dylan (Patrick Dempsey) to get him an eventual job. Meanwhile the Autobots lead by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) are assisting the humans with more human problems. During a mission to Chernobyl Optimus finds a cell from the Ark. The Ark was a ship from Cybertron that carried an invention that could help end their war. Unfortunately the ship was destroyed, but finding the piece Optimus comes to the conclusion that some of the Autobots on that ship must has survived. Colonel Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and a government official named Mearing (Frances McDormand) verify that the Ark crashed on the dark side of the moon many decades ago. Optimus discovers the body of Sentinel Prime (Leonard Nimoy). The Decepticons lead by Megatron (Hugo Weaving) learn of the Ark and soon are on their own hunt. Ok, so obviously like the other one's there's way more here, but let me list off what actually works in this one. The action is really well done in this film. The visuals are crazy and even for a movie from 6 years ago it looks good. The comedy was toned down quite a bit from the last film. This is one of the darker films in the franchise and it shows (people explode man!). I liked it better this way and thought Sam was a better character in this one. Although his plot is still dumb (finding a job really?) his interactions with Bumblebee are better this time around and he plays the reluctant hero well. The things that don't work are the plot which gets out of control for the last hour. Also Rosie Huntington-Whitley is kinda terrible. Yes she's gorgeous, but being an underwear model doesn't mean you need to be in this film. She's out of place here and it woulda been nice to end this trilogy with Megan Fox, but unfortunately she said some shit and Steven Spielberg shut that down quick! The last battle also goes on for what it feels like is about 3 hours long (its an hour), it also abruptly kinda ends. I woulda liked to have more of a closure on these characters (since a majority of em aren't in the next two), but hey I get it. Overall, this is probably the last solid one in the Franchise. Give it a look!
½ June 16, 2017
By far the best sequel and my personal favorite of the four films, this movie has a far more coherent plot than Revenge of the Fallen with less of the childish profanity and cringey dialogue. The level of destruction in this film dwarfs the first two and the plot twist involving Sentinel Prime is great. The opening shot of Cybertron with Optimus Prime's narration was incredible as well. If you're a fan of effects-driven action like myself, this film takes it to a level few films have ever gone before.
June 15, 2017
Nice, you're doing the same thing over again and you're ripping of Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan. My Favorite movie of all time.
June 14, 2017
It is a big improvement over its sequel. However, it is dragged down by its run time and commercial like moments that can exhaust.