Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

June 18, 2016
I really don't get the hate. the action is epic, the robots kick ass, and the comedy usually works. Apart from some plot holes, many unbelievable stunts and an annoying Ken Jeong, this really is a great summer blockbuster. An action packed spectacle that is in my opinion, the best of the trilogy.
½ June 13, 2016
Better than second movie by far. I believe its underestimated little should be in 40 and higher
½ June 7, 2016
Another Bot movie at the same war just a different time.
½ June 5, 2016
Maybe a SLIGHT upgrade on the previous movie, but that's not saying much because its still barely worth watching.
½ June 1, 2016
My least favorite transformers movie but still was ok
½ May 26, 2016
LOUD NOISES! BIG ROBOTS SMASHING EACH OTHER!
May 24, 2016
My personal favorite in the series. The CGI and action scenes are terrific, and Steve Jablonsky's score is incredible. I also feel that Shia Labeouf isn't as annoying as he's previously been. This movie isn't for everyone, but if you're a fan of this series, you will definitely enjoy this one.
May 22, 2016
Everything likes me but i dont like that Megan For dont was here
½ May 16, 2016
OK. ok movie but not a GREAT movie. Best out of the 4 movies. B-
May 14, 2016
I think its an optional decision because this is the most practical and comedic if the entire blockbuster!
May 1, 2016
Makes up for the mediocre second film. It's not perfect, but its still fun with a decent action packed plot and characters. B.
April 22, 2016
Too many questions than answers. Does he write his screenplay on the set? With the set pieces and the thought process that has to go into the action sequences (which covers most of the movie) seems impossible for that.. Is he that genius where he shoots what he feels like and covers it up with VFX later? Does Chuck Norris writer cringe hearing this movies dialogues? What is the gorgeous girl doing outside of a calendar or a ramp?
Watching the graphics expertise makes me feel like a crazy amount of money, talent, time and effort is being drained down in the wrong hole. The VFX work is sophisticated, complex and involves heavy planning, thinking and execution effort and in my opinion Michael Bay would go a long way and win many hearts if he can try just being a visual effects supervisor. Really the work here is much better than Avatar or Avengers.

Synopsis: Fox is replaced by another hottie. Characters from the previous editions reprise same roles and dialogues. Nobody know what Decepticons are fighting for and Autobots are like overstayed guests.

With a long list of mechanical characters, Bay tried to bring in the entire Hollywood to elevate the missing aesthetic value like Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong, John Turturo etc. Instead of utilizing their special talents to arrive at a fresh flavor, all these talented actors succumb to buffoonery along with the rest of the cast. The robots behave more human than the actual actors themselves which is another thing that makes me cringe.
There is actually a weird scene where a division captain instructs his team to hold fire until he commands, while actually all of them are shooting.

If not for the visual effects grandeur, its rating would have been on the negative.
½ April 21, 2016
OK, the intro of the film seems interesting, the visual effect seems better, but it turns out that Transformer: Dark of the Moon is no different from its previous instalment, weak storyline, and it seems like an unfinished movie to me, it requires more touch up.
April 15, 2016
Was a lot better than number 2
½ April 11, 2016
Transformers Dark of the Moon is the third installment in the Transformers cash cow franchise. This movie is honestly pretty good. It still has its fair share of problems but its does more right then wrong. It still has some of that goofy humor from Transformers 2 but I found myself laughing a bit this time at some of the humor mainly because of how ridiculous and bad they are. This movie definitely makes up for the devastation (get it?) that is Revenge of the Fallen. The human characters are a lot more likable this time around and Sams new girlfriend is definitely an improvement in acting and character over Megan Foxes character from the previous 2. The action is absolutely spectacular to watch and overall the movie is a fun summer blockbuster. 3.5/5
½ April 4, 2016
Action-packed with a great backstory!

Originally written July 4, 2011--

A mysterious event from Earth's past threatens to ignite a war so large that the Transformers alone won't be enough to save the planet. Sam Witwicki (Shia LaBeouf) and the Autobots must join together with their human friends and fight against the gathering darkness to defend our world from the Decepticons all-consuming evil plan to enslave the human race once and for all!

Ok, so this chapter in the Transformers saga wasn't too bad. It was action-packed and had a great backstory! Why exactly did the US want to get to the moon back in the 1960's so badly? The answer was pretty cool. But one thing that I didn't care for was how unrealistic it was that Sam's "new" girlfriend, Carly Miller (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley), never got a speck of dirt, sweat, blood, or grime of any kind on her bright white outfit---even though everyone around her is absolutely covered in it! I know that Huntington-Whiteley is a model, but come on!
April 2, 2016
So bad it's insulting
½ April 2, 2016
C'mon people! It's robots fighting! What more could you want?!
½ March 31, 2016
Not as bad a 'Dark of the Moon' but still not great and still at least an hour too long. Mark Wahlberg is fairly decent and the transformers still look amazing but I think it's about time they stopped this franchise now. Unfortunately with the return of Megatron/Galvatron it looks unlikely. The two saving graces of this movie were the always awesome Stanley Tucci and the dinobots. It could have been a decent film but it the plot was too convoluted and it was far too long!
March 27, 2016
The movie is fun to watch in 3D, but outside of that format the movie is just robots destroying themselves in non-sense action. .