Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Reviews

October 23, 2016
Loved it, Really fun movie to watch.
October 21, 2016
awesome movie, action is a step up from the first one but the story is weaker (about 4 viewings)
October 20, 2016
Made me try to blow my house up. Thanks a lot Michael Bay.
October 17, 2016
Not bad. Not great. Doesn't deserve a 19% though.
October 16, 2016
The amount of money they used to make this could have been used for something useful. You could feed the poor or help the homeless but instead they wasted all that precious money on a soul-less, CGI, boring, incoherent, clusterfuck of a thing that spends more time showing off the human body, scat humour, racism and wanking off the US military than actually being a good adaptation of the Transformers. Fuck this movie and fuck Michael Bay. Asshole.
½ September 17, 2016
Watching it as a kid, really loved it. Watching it now, wishing that I was a kid again. What happened?
September 12, 2016
Sometimes I feel like the drop in quality of sequels is not as bad as it once was. Then I watch a movie like this, and I remember why everyone laments that sequels are never as good as the first. Minimizing the main attraction of the transformers themselves and focusing more on people is a questionable strategy to begin with. Worse yet, failing to write a decent story around those human roles is unforgivable. It is interesting how the transformers inhabited earth since the beginning of civilization, but that leads to tons of unanswered questions that the film did not even try confronting. It exhibits mass amounts of flawed logic and lacks connectivity the previous movie or even to itself. We do not learn anything new about the two main characters or their relationship together. Instead, the filmmakers spent tons of money to make a visually impressive movie with glitzy action sequences and special effects. Effects never compensate for bad content. Constantly orbiting cameras and distracting foreground elements do not focus on the subject. At one point during the movie, a grumpy John Turturro demands "Beginning, middle, end, facts, details, condense, plot, tell it." I am certain the cameras were rolling while a descent actor explained to Michael Bay what this movie was lacking. It was better than most of the movie, so they added that part in. The only good news here is that it moves fast, Megan Fox is still pretty, and John Turturro gives the movie shred of integrity with his humor. Even that it is nothing but lazy, shallow, forgettable, and disposable filler.
September 10, 2016
I don't care what anyone says, It's my favorite Transformers movie ever.
½ September 8, 2016
Ok so not my favorite movie
½ September 4, 2016
So.......everything has been said about this one
½ August 21, 2016
The worst of the franchise, which is a pretty shit franchise for such a simple idea of robots that can disguise themselves as vehicles and fight each other.
August 21, 2016
Transformers: Revenge of the fallen one of the best movie ever with a good storyline and a awesome and yet amazing action sequences. The graphics and visual effects in this movie was tremendous and this movie was so much better than the first one. My favorite transformer is Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, sideswipe, ironhide, megatron and starscream. This movie has lots of actions and deserves to have more hits.
August 15, 2016
The first one is fun - this one has incomprehensible action, too much "destiny" is overly shallow and uncomfortably racist at times - bad form.
August 8, 2016
Worst of them all. Great CGI, but I never thought action could get irritating.
August 7, 2016
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is action packed. This movie has a lot more action than the first one. This movie has a great plot. This movie is brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
August 6, 2016
Not really into sci-fi but the storyline is just great and both megan fox and shia laboeuf make this film even more special
July 27, 2016
This movie was awesomeplease make more might go play please make more
July 25, 2016
An Abomination to Tv based Film.
There was literally a bad plot in every level had so many plot holes as big as a bee hive and I really liked the first one.
This is too much terrible acting and awful directing from Bay.
This was Unnecessary compared to the first movie, There was an exploding exposition. I can't believe how michael bay directed bad boys 2, I wanted to like it but you can just laugh at how bad the movie was.
Not With Transformers: Revenge of the fallen because I didn't laugh at all.

Score: 1/10
July 15, 2016
How bad is this "Transformers" sequel? So bad that it made "Pearl Harbor" look good by comparison. So bad that Robert Wuhl was surprised he wasn't in it. So bad that the director of "Troll 2" said he was glad that his name isn't attached to it. This was hastily made during the writers' strike and it shows. It's a loud, unfunny, incoherent mess. Everything that worked in the first film is a complete misfire here.
July 11, 2016
this movie is a really bad and boring sequel to the 2007 version Which is the best this movie is far from good and I feel It should not exist