Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Reviews

½ June 23, 2017
The worst Transformers movie. I know, I know. That's like saying that's the worst piece of monkey turd I've ever tasted. I like this movies. They are terrible and they are my guilty pleasure. These and the Twilight movies. I love Optimus Prime, the one thing they got totally right. And they made Bumblebee cool. I was thought he was kind of weak in the cartoon. Speaking of which, don't understand the pedestal they put those cartoons on. I love them but they are just as bad as the movies.
½ June 22, 2017
New characters, more action and better special effects! But it doesnt quite beat the class and charm of the original. The best parts of the Revenge of the Fallen are the new extreme action sequences and the new characters (transformers). But you dont really get the chance to enjoy the new characters or the action sequences because they dont do any character development for the new transformers at all and the battle sequences are too fast and jumpy to really tell what is happening. With the length of the film there is so much going on, so many new characters its hard to keep track of what is all happening. There are two very interesting and intesnse battle sequences in the beginning and one long battle at the end but there is not alot of material in between. The last battle sequence has around a dozen new decepticons but you never get a good glimpse at them, hear them speak or even see their transformations. Out of all the new characters in the movie the autobots known as the twins get the most screentime and are the most annoying and least interesting characters of the entire movie. And for some reason Michael Bay decided to use racial stereotypes against blacks to make the two characters seem dumb and clumsy. Yet the movie did provide plenty of action on a epic scale good about of emotion to it. I wont reject it completely it is a good popcorn movie to see on the big screen but doesnt stand up to the greatness of the original.
½ June 22, 2017
Well, finally I saw this movie. And I gotta tell ya, I went out really disappointed.

Good Points: Devastator. Seeing the Constructicons combine for the first time literally I just lost it and watched with amazement.

Bad Points:The humor in this movie is just awful. It mostly has effect on teenagers and kids, and I was not pleased with it. The storyline, although I know that's not important for a movie of this caliber, sucked. This franchise could be told greatly in story form, but has not succeeded so far. Many of the characters that I have loved in the old days are used here very pointlessly(Soundwave, Sideswipe and especially The Fallen). And the Twins Skids and Mudflap: All through the movie just annoying.

Terrible sequel. 1 out of 10
½ June 22, 2017
This is not my favourite one in the franchise because revenge of the fallen is short and not even finish either but I do love the action scenes and the plot could been a bit better plus it's funny too in some ways. Good film not great but good.
½ June 21, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: A sequel to the thoroughly below-average 'Transformers,' this second installment does nothing to improve over its predecessor, and is actually even worse as a result. Don't worry though, it is undoubtedly another movie that you can sit and drool at without engaging your brain, which can certainly be appealing if a) you're 5 years old, or b) you're after a dumb action movie to eat popcorn and think about other things to. That's totally fine, and there's certainly plenty here to allow all that as Michael Bay delivers yet more mindless action and huge spectacle-sequences backed up by a great score from Steve Jablonsky.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sadly though, copy and paste is really all this movie is, and in emulating all the flaws of its predecessor, it winds up even less inventive or exciting.
As a result, there's again absolutely nothing to engage you here - the characters are vastly under-written and have less life than the robots that dominate the screen (which really is saying something), the story is an over-serious and terribly complicated maze of un-interesting sub-plots that noone really cares about, and the product placement of actual products is almost as startling as the placement of women, who may as well be 'products' in the eyes of the film itself. As a result, you'll end up truly disengaged, uninterested and slightly wincing as the film proceeds for the entirety of its hugely overlong run-time here.
VERDICT: Another exceedingly dull and uninteresting film for me; 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' does nothing to shake things up after its predecessor. Come on Michael Bay, you can do better than this
June 21, 2017
A noisy, appallingly acted, painfully unfunny excuse for an action, SCI-FI, robot invasion movie. Miss this.
June 20, 2017
Great fun and critics are really dumb
½ June 20, 2017
A mindless action movie with no script. In 2009 there was a writers strike that affected this movie. There is loads of exposition and so much action and new annoying characters that it's hard to keep up with he movie.
June 20, 2017
Transformers revenge of the fallen is a great sequel to a great film
½ June 20, 2017
To be honest, I actually kinda liked this movie. But not for a plot or anything, it's just entertaining. I know a movie needs a plot and a storyline and things like that but for some reason for me it worked without one. But I don't recommend this for anyone who wants a plot because this movie doesn't really have one. C-
June 19, 2017
Even though it's a flawed movie, I still enjoy it
June 18, 2017
Transformers revenge of the fallen is a great sequel go a great film also the forest fight is amazing
June 18, 2017
Outside of brief action moments, the movie is devoid of anything good. Annoyingly stupid characters both human and robot alike, and spends was too much time focusing on the daily lives of humans.
½ June 18, 2017
We need to lower these ratings.... This belongs as follows: Critics- correct as is, viewers-23 percent!!!!
June 18, 2017
Plot wholes a plenty in this one but if you saw the first then you already knew that this was going to happen. Still focused wayyyyy to much on humans and with the camera always rotating around one character you'll feel like your in a cloverfield sequel. I'd say about 70% of the movie was wasted on usless sub stories. 20% of which was Sam's mother either crying about losing her little boy as he goes to college or she's running around campus getting high on magic muffins.
June 17, 2017
I went yesterday to the theatre to see it but it was too long for an action movie but still okay and great visual effects
½ June 17, 2017
Definitely the worst Transformers movie ever
June 16, 2017
Transformers: A Vingança dos Derrotados - Wtf?, Filme dirigido pelo Michael Bay, ou seja muita explosão! a direção do filme é ruim, (Minha opinião), com takes de câmera girando em 360° dando até uma agonia, câmera sempre virada pro sol refletindo nos personagens pra dar um ar mais épico (oque nem sempre é), mixagem de som fantastica, o filme é cheio de piadinhas sem graças e chatas, o tipo de humor que você ver chegando, elenco em geral e suas atuações não surpreende, Megan Fox só ta nesse filme pra correr e balançar as tetas!, um destaque maior pro Shia LaBeouf como o Sam, que ele tenta mas o roteiro sempre passa a perna nele, falando em roteiro..., a historia não sabe pra onde vai, e perde muito tempo com coisas desnecessárias, trilha sonora: Link Park. Parte boa são as cenas de ação oque chegam a salvar um pouco do filme deixando-o mais divertido e pipoca :)
Nota: 2.5
½ June 16, 2017
Whoah EXPLOSIONS! Ok anyways Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen takes place two years after the events of Transformers (2007). The Autobots lead by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) have teamed up with Major Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and Chief Master Sergeant Epps (Tyrese Gibson) in a secret organization called NEST. They are hunting down the remaining Decepticons who are now being led by Starscream (Charlie Adler). This time around there are a slew of new Autobots and Decepticons, but the movie does a really poor job of explaining any of them and they definitely don't have the charm from the first film. They even feature two kinda racially insensitive Autobots named Skids (Tom Kenny of Spongebob fame) and Mudflap (Reno Wilson) who come off pretty "ghettoish." Back to the story Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) is off to college while his girlfriend Mikaela (Megan Fox) stays back helping her newly freed father get his life back in order. Bumblebee stays with Sam's parents and all seems well until Sam finds a piece of the Allspark stuck to his old sweater which in turn burns strange images into Sam's mind. Soon enough the Decepticons find out where Megatron's (Hugo Weaving) body is being held and revive him back to life. We soon find out that Megatron's master The Fallen (Tony Todd) has commanded both Megatron and Starscream to kill Optimus since only a Prime can defeat The Fallen. After some events Sam, Mikaela, Sam's roommate Leo (Ramon Rodriquez) and Simmons (John Turturro) are on the hunt for an item called the Matrix which can ultimately save the day. Ok there's more to it than that, but you need to watch it to really get it. I'd say this movie is definitely the weakest of the Transformer films. There's still a lot of action and while I enjoyed the set pieces the story is all over the place. Bumblebee doesn't speak once here and not focusing on Sam and him really feels like a missed opportunity. The comedy here is really just too much too. The combination of comedy and action in the first film was perfect, but this time around it was just nuts. Sam's parents are trying too hard and then the two Autobots Skids and Kenny take it even too far. The romance also between Mikaela and Sam take a step back. While i still enjoy Shia LaBeoufs performance...and while I will say Megan Fox looks wonderful she still can't act. The romance feels really forced with the focus being Mikaela waiting on Sam to say he loves her. You telling me they went two years without telling each other they love each other? Yikes... Anyways the film itself is a misfire. It features way too many faceless Autobots and Decepticons (LET ME GET TO KNOW YOU!), the story is pretty weak and the romance and comedy are way too forced. Overall, only a recommendation if you're trying to get through the franchise!
June 16, 2017
This movie has a lot of flaws, from the cringe-worthy dialogue to the lack of screen time for a villain that seemed incredibly promising to the countless annoyingly bad jokes, but I'm not going to nitpick. I had a blast watching this film and the visual were just impeccable.