Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Reviews

January 14, 2017
I'm embarrassed to say as a kid I really liked this the first time I saw it.
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 3, 2017
I only recommend watching this movie if you are really interested in finishing the movie series entirely. The acting was god but the story was total crap.
½ December 27, 2016
This may be the worst movie I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of suffering through. A nonsensical plot combined with terrible humor and acting leads to a terrible cinema experience.

I started checking my watch about 5 minutes into this mess of a film, and I couldn't wait for it to end. Thankfully my wish was granted, but not after enduring this drivel for almost 2 and a half hours (that I'll never get back.)

Do not buy this movie. Do not rent this movie. DO NOT EVEN ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THIS MOVIE AT NO COST. For no reason should you ever watch this garbage. I think I'd rather use pliers to cut my nails than watch this again.

You've been warned.
December 26, 2016
Easily the worst Transformers movie and one of the worst films ever made, as entertaining as the forest battle scene is.
December 24, 2016
Audio n visual overload!!
December 15, 2016
Even though it has great visuals this movie is a loud explosion more than anything. Fails to tell a good story in any way with terrible performances and lacking cinematography. I refuse to review any other Transformers movies.
½ December 11, 2016
Although it looked like the franchise could head in the right direction, the sequel is filled with less sensibility, unlikable characters, racist robots, and a whole lot of mess.

Two years after saving the world with the Autobots, Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) is away at college when an ancient Decepticon named "The Fallen" returns to Earth on a mission of vengeance. With the Allspark destroyed, the Autobots lose all hope of returning to their home planet of Cybertron, and begin working with an elite military known as NEST to hunt down any remaining Decepticons. But even as they fight for humanity alongside Major Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and USAF Master Sergeant Epps (Tyrese Gibson), the Autobots are acutely aware that not all humans are thrilled by their presence on planet Earth.

Being a big fan of the first film, I remember being excited to see this film. But after seeing this film more than a handful of times, it still seems to lack a lot. Although I don't absolutely hate it as much as everyone else does, it still has its plethora of problems and issues that can't go unnoticed.

Shia LaBeouf is still a fantastic actor, even to this day. I really do appreciate his talent and although his character is more spazzy and irrelevant at times, it doesn't disregard the fact that LaBeouf is a great actor. He has a lot of talent and it's a shame that people disregard him because of the lack of quality these movies possess, but he's still great none the less. Megan Fox is more or less the same in this film, but she does have a couple of decent moments. Her character is still underutilized and Bay still doesn't know how to put a respectable female character on screen due to his oversexualization of women. John Turturro's character was even more annoying in this movie, and was controversially given a much larger role. I'm surprised they stuck with his character despite the lack of likability. The parents in this movie, although not necessarily bad actors, were more annoying and infuriating. They came off as ridiculous rather than smart and it really is Bay's portrayal of these characters that makes them lackluster.

The effects in this movie are still fantastic and the CGI is still amazing. It does have some improvements since the last film and I was still stunned by what the editing team did. They still deserve a lot of credit for the work they do behind the scenes, as they really do make this movie a new experience.

On the other hand, Bay's use of firework explosions gets even more tiring in this film. There are explosions around every corner and they seem to get less sensible with every pull of the trigger. I get it, he loves his explosions, and he probably even masturbates to explosions, but the overuse of those effects gets really tiring, considering they're insensible and placed at bad moments.

The story in this movie was even more head scratching than the last. At least the last story was simple enough, but this one was just ridiculous. The finale was exciting enough but the conclusion of all of it was the most lazy thing I've ever seen. "The Fallen" was a weak villain that none of us will remember. He did less than any villain in recent memory.

Bay also always starts his movies with some historical background, and you'll see that present in every "Transformers" film. In this film, it felt like unnecessary exposition that did a poor job of setting up the true tone of this film. Bay struggles creating a consistent tone and he really needs to clean up his screenplays.

The overuse of sunset shots in this movie also wasn't enough to eclipse the sheer racism that was more present. There are some events, lines of dialogue, and characters in here that are all clearly stereotyped. In these "Transformer" films, there are always stereotypical gripes against women, Japanese, African Americans, and more. It gets tiring after a while and the jokes aren't even funny.

In the end, the sequel was more than disappointing, and probably the worst in the franchise.
December 7, 2016
One of the worst action movies ever made. Megan Fox is hot as hell but that's Revenge of the Fallen's only redeeming factor.
December 7, 2016
I actually enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen, I thought the forest battle, the Shanghai chase, Steve Jablonsky's score and Bumblebee vs. Rampage were great components. Unfortunately, in real life I haven't had great luck dodging assholes with hostile feedback towards me, such as violent threats of beating me up, for complimenting ROTF. To me, cheering for Optimus Prime punching and slicing up Decepticons all just for stupid weak humans is a lot more fun than hating and booing at it.
jamrcla
½ December 6, 2016
A film that tries to be too big for its boots and the story gets too farfetched and silly but the action does make up for it just a shame about everything else in the movie.
December 3, 2016
I loved this movie 2nd favourite
November 28, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie and how optimus prime dies is brutal
November 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the movie fallen especially
November 24, 2016
To be honest, I actually kinda liked this movie. But not for a plot or anything, it's just entertaining. I know a movie needs a plot and a storyline and things like that but for some reason for me it worked without one. But I don't recommend this for anyone who wants a plot because this movie doesn't really have one. C-
November 21, 2016
it's an alright movie good action scenes but terrible plot
November 12, 2016
If you you had a fuck ton of fun with the first Michael Bay transformers movie like I did, then you were probably incredibly disappointed with it's sequel. the twins are meant to bring comic relief to the audience but turned out to be racial stereotypes like jar jar binks in the star wars prequels. being someone who is white myself, my intelligence was insulted at times. the film is dumb fun at times and the visuals are fine. the acting wasn't horrible, but you could tell everyone was just phoning it in.

Owens grade: C-
October 23, 2016
Loved it, Really fun movie to watch.
October 21, 2016
awesome movie, action is a step up from the first one but the story is weaker (about 4 viewings)
October 20, 2016
Made me try to blow my house up. Thanks a lot Michael Bay.