Transformers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers Reviews

June 25, 2017
One of the best films in the series.
½ June 24, 2017
This film has a good story, second best in the franchise. However, I think the action was slightly (not entirely, as there were still some great sequences) lacking compared to the later installments. Overall, solid Transformers film.
½ June 24, 2017
A fun action film with precious little else to offer.
½ June 22, 2017
It focuses on the humans more than I'd like, but you can't really get critical on a movie based on a toy line. That being said, it's a fun and pretty enjoyable action movie with giant robots fighting other giant robots, how's that not cool.
½ June 21, 2017
Really good when it takes itself seriously but the secret government agents are this movie's weakness. It's also difficult to tell the difference between friend and foe during robot fight scenes.
June 21, 2017
The only good transformers movie. I wouldn't say it's for kids because some of the jokes are aimed for adults. The action sequences are amazing and the special effects are still great even though this movie is now 10 years old. The plot for this movie was actually pretty good considering how confusing the sequels are. Unlike the other sequels this movie has spawned, I can find my self enjoying the Transformers going into action. A-
June 21, 2017
Honestly, this is still one of my favorite movies, even ten years later. This film literally (in my opinion) got everything right, the graphics were amazing and the story fit the movie perfectly. This is when Michael Bay gave a rats ass about directing, can't say the same for the last three films.
June 21, 2017
Transformers is a mediocre effort by Michael Bay with some great visuals and action, but a story that is generic, humor and characters that are annoying and awful acting.
I would recommend this to people who want to see a bunch of mindless action because it's awesome, but as for anyone else, it's a rental.
Story:4|10
Visuals:9|10
Characters:2|10
Overall:5|10.
June 21, 2017
I love this because the transformers were my childhood things and I watch the 80s cartoon show. Michael bay made a well crafted film even though I hate him as a director buts this film and the franchise are the only ones I like from him. Well done love the first.
June 20, 2017
this is probably the best Transformers movie ever, the other ones were poo poo, it's just not the same without Megan Fox.
June 20, 2017
This was beat in the franchise but tlk beat it
June 20, 2017
This is a fun action movie with funny characters and great action. The military subplot doesn't derail the movie, but ads a bit to it. A total blast.
June 20, 2017
The song was so intense and ending battle was great
½ June 20, 2017
One thing I learned from rewatching "Transformers" for the first time in a while is that it's actually pretty entertaining to watch. This is one of the more watchable and least annoying Michael Bay films to date, one that I found exciting and perfectly watchable. Although occasional sexual innuendos and racial stereotypes remain very problematic (not exactly an appropriate move for a supposedly family-friendly film) and I still loathe the way Michael Bay objectifies women, when it comes to delivering spectacle, he is one of the best in the business. In terms of story, it is baggy and undeniably convoluted and has one too many subplots, but in terms of characters they are somewhat likable (for a Michael Bay film) and the performances are pretty solid. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's big, loud, dumb fun.
June 19, 2017
3.75 out of 5 Stars!
June 18, 2017
Transformers is a great action packed films with a extraordinary ending
½ June 18, 2017
Trash.... Just why the heck would any one give this movie a higher rating
June 18, 2017
Baseado em uma série dedesenho animados, adaptado por Roberto Orci e Alex Kurtzman e dierção de Michael Bay, Transformers narra a estoria dos Autobots e os Decepticons: duas raças alienígenas robóticas, que durante anos duelaram em Cybertron, planeta ao qual perteciam, esta guerra fez com que o planeta fosse destruído, forçando os robôs a se espalharem pelo universo. Megatron (Hugo Weaving) líder dos Decepticons, vem à Terra em busca do Allspark, um cubo originado de Cybertron que possibilita que qualquer aparelho eletrônico seja transformado em um robô com inteligência própria. Megatron encontra o Allspark, mas fica congelado no Ártico. Décadas depois outros Decepticons chegam à Terra, numa tentativa de encontrar o cubo, seu aparecimento logo alerta os Estados Unidos, que tem uma base militar atacada. Enquanto o Secretário de Defesa John Keller (Jon Voight) tenta descobrir o que está havendo reunindo todas as informações possíveis, o jovem Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) faz a aquisição de seu primeiro carro, mas o que ele não imaginava era que o veículo escolhido, um Camaro antigo era um Autobot, assim o jovem Sam junto com sua namoradinha Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) ficam em meio um guerra colossal que põe em risco toda a vida na terra. O filme ainda traz Josh Duhamel como William Lennox capitão da equipe de Operações Especiais, Tyrese Gibson como Robert Epps Sargento da Força Aérea americana. John Turturro como Simmons agente do setor 7, Rachael Taylor como Maggie Madsen, um analista recrutada pelo Departamento de Defesa e Peter Cullen que da voz a Optimus Prime Lider dos Autobots.
June 18, 2017
This is nothing but a butchery of the original cartoon. But if you havn't seen the original cartoon you will probably like it.
½ June 16, 2017
Great special effects, cool action scenes, but that's about it! Why did they have to make the human characters so obnoxious and annoying!? That takes away half of the fun! It's sad, because this was the beginning of the end for this franchise, and it only dug deeper into it's bullcrap!
I just got back from universal studios Hollywood in LA, and must say, that you will have a way better time on the ride than watching this one again! Trust me!