Transit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transit Reviews

½ February 3, 2016
Can really not see much good in this one. Right from the get go we have no character or plot development, and so going into the movie there's just a family and a bunch of robbers. At least eventually we find out that Jims character is an ex-con, which is why his wife doesn't trust him and the police take him in for the night. The robbers on the other hand have no development at all, and they are just killers to us. The plot is ok actually, and the idea of stashing the cash in another persons car is a good idea that i don't think has ever been used before, and the overall story of the movie isn't bad. But it is poorly executed with the basic family and robbers troubles we always see, a low budget, less than decent character development, and fake and totally unrealistic action. It is essentially a car chase movie, with a muscle car vs a SUV, which is totally unfair yet someone isn't completely one sided. The they run around the swamp, and I was actually surprised when we didn't see a crocodile eat someone, as it seemed as though it was already set up with mention of how strong and deadly they are. The bad guys for look terrible, they look bad guy enough in particular their leader, but they get their asses handed to them in a simple shootout in a remote cabin, where the family mother picks up a AK-47 and uses the filming technique or having an endless clip to kill some bad guys as they fire blindly through the walls. Ya it was a scene to laugh at for sure, as was the sad excuse for an ending, in which simply nothing happens, they get in the car, he picks up his ring from the finger that was cut off, and the credits start to role. Ya, I could go farther into detail on this one, but really don't want to, I was not impressed, although I didn't had high expectations to begin with. Had a little bit of potential at least.
½ February 2, 2016
pretty good movie,amazing acction the end is is ok the police never come to se the problem mmm ok ok ok.
September 4, 2015
After the family badgered the dad constantly and put him down constantly after getting them to safety I would tell them, be gone forever you got your wish!!!
½ August 2, 2015
After a successful bank heist, four criminals are trapped in a rest stop. Surrounded by road blocks, all they can do is stash the loot, and what better place than on top of a family mini-van, on it's way to a camping trip. With the police behind them, the race is on to get their money, before the family discovers what's on top of their car. Jim Caviezel stars, and while he will always be remembered for his role in The Passion, he is actually a pretty successful actor. He's terrific in his hit TV show, Person of Interest, and has done a ton of independent films like this one. As the father, trying to escape a dark past, Caviezel is amazing as the simple father, turned action star, once his family is threatened. Also of note is his older son, played by Sterling Knight. Knight is a blond haired, blue eyed, Disney star known best for his role in 17 Again. To see this tween idol playing a angst filled teen, smoking pot, dropping F bombs, and shooting shot guns, really did give me quite a good laugh. Transit is your typical action chase film, with two exceptions, one, a very interesting back story, and two a top star, who seems to enjoy staying below the grid in Hollywood. It's not much different from all the other Action films you've seen, but it has it's moments, and it was definitely fun to watch.
½ July 1, 2015
I did find the directors use of extreme closeups to be annoying. overall pacing of the film was good. Good time can be had with this film if you ignore the random and unbelievable choices of some characters.
½ June 22, 2015
Transit is an old fashion "B" movie. Watching this reminds me of drive inns, cheaply made movie for summer viewing. The action is so ridicules. The big crash scene makes no sense. The dialogue is funny. The best sentence one is near the end. I laughed so hard. Why 2.5 stars? I like the swamp and the bad guys car.
June 19, 2015
Bad guys rob an armored car and stash the money on some travelers car to get it past a check point. Then they have to get it back.
June 9, 2015
It kept my attention seeing what would happen next, but the movie ends in the same old predictable manner. It's short and doesn't overstay his welcome but one thing that really bothered me was the awful way the movie was shot. Too many close-ups too much blurriness.
August 12, 2014
Couldn't get attached to the characters or the story just waited for it to all be over
June 24, 2014
Action, violence, what you're waiting in a synopsis like that... But still, It was a good action movie.
½ June 18, 2014
Transit is a good action thriller that keep the audience interested all the time, maybe the premise don't have nothing new, but the suspense and urgency of the narrative provides some entertainment moments.
March 26, 2014
Not bad but don't think too much about what you've seen on screen as it doesn't really add up.
February 2, 2014
Transit sees a family of four head off for a camping holiday. Unexpectedly they are Bering run off the road and they have no idea why until they realise it's because they have 4 million dollars in there car. They must try to fight for there lives and escape a horrible ordeal
½ January 15, 2014
A family is on a trip, when a group of thieves hid their money in their luggage so it can get past a police checkpoint. Once clear, the thieves try to get their money by back any means. Sounds like a decent movie, but this was just too drab for me. It doesn't really do anything interesting or unique, it's not very thrilling or fun. There just isn't anything exciting about a movie that should be thrilling. I was bored within 20 minutes and stuck around, but it never improved. Just too boring.
December 26, 2013
Not bad, main plot of the story seemed defeated by the ending, rendering the film almost pointless. Almost. Definitely, still worth watching! Cinematography was ace, the highlight for me!
December 7, 2013
Decent movie. Good performances (although different character for Caviziel), pretty good action, ok plot, just very scattered and not put together very well.
September 4, 2013
Transit is a dumb action that delivers on thrills despite it characters lack of intelligence. It is overall a brainless film, but is an enjoyable thrill ride through out.
August 22, 2013
Jesus gets married, has two kids, then goes to jail for taking a financial shortcut. Once out, obviously it's time for a camping trip. When the family's path crosses with that of some bank robber in bayaou country things start to get interesting. "Entertaining, fast-paced, pulpy thriller enlivened by colorful performances, a decent script and a hefty dose of violence." Better than Stash House, on par with El Gringo and Dragon Eyes. "Its dedication to pace and intensity is charming and effective."
August 22, 2013
very nice action-drama film...It's nice to see Jim Caviezel again in a movie.. really like he's movies The Count of Monte Cristo and The Passion of the Christ :)
August 17, 2013
A kind of jaded psychological thriller of a family vacation gone wrong. This fast pace thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat even through the bad acting and poor character establishment.