Transsiberian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transsiberian Reviews

½ October 7, 2017
Slow beginning, only last 20 minutes was very good. Lots of tense drama.
August 21, 2017
6/10 Two idiots who you wouldn't trust to leave their front door in the morning decide to take the Transsiberian and to make a series of bad decisions and 'duh' behaviours... One of those films that you end up rooting for the bad guys.
½ June 11, 2017
A good mystery thriller, but the premise is so dragging.
February 19, 2017
Certainly worth "my" time.
½ September 2, 2016
Very nice thriller. Good acting from everyone on board. Not a must see but good entertainment.
May 6, 2016
Another critic-bought film. Really 93%? Audience at 65% for a reason. I watched 10 mins, read the Wiki for the plot and glad I didn't watch any more of this pointless dribble.
½ April 16, 2016
This movie is thriller, crime, tense, suspenseful, and rough. Emily Mortimer was fantastic. It's fun to watch Harrelson play an average, upbeat American guy. This movie has unbelievable thriller plot, decent beautiful cenimatography, strong characters, and solid performances. Even though it started off slow, it speeds up and really got me riveted near the end even it it was well past midnight. It will make you to think "What would I have done?" This is how a thriller movie is done! Well worth watching for a classic thriller-type film. Two thumbs up!
½ April 15, 2016
A good old yarn with a Siberian edge to it
April 14, 2016
Transibberian is a tense thriller that takes a familiar formula and tells it impressively well.
½ February 8, 2016
Was enjoying this. Especially the overtly friendly and embarrassing Woody Harrelsdon Character. After 1 hour my recording stopped. Will re record when next appears on TV
½ November 14, 2015
This is a slow, deliberate and carefully thought out piece for adults who like to savour rather than devour their thrills. Doesn't deserve a place among the classic train thrillers, but it offers enough cinematic amenities to be worth booking passage.
November 6, 2015
A very effective Hitchcockian thriller that starts off as a modest drama, taking a good time to develop its characters in a careful way, and then starts unexpectedly to become suffocatingly tense as the characters find themselves trapped more and more in an unbearable situation.
½ November 5, 2015
A promising opening and a slow burning suspense period which turned into a brainless speed thriller! Some of the action moments are laughable, including the bag you just cant get rid off. Shoot the storyteller.
November 3, 2015
If you actually want to see some obnoxious, clueless American tourists failing to find their own arses with both hands and a train timetable, just visit Katoomba.
½ October 26, 2015
Atmosphere,mood and texture and add in a well written,interesting story and thts movie hooked me from the start.
½ September 1, 2015
Alrightee vibes, lousy story.
½ August 26, 2015
Don't usually go for thrillers. Tend to not find them all that, should I say, thrilling. However, 'Transsiberian' effectively engaged me in a couple's train journey which ends up not going according to plan. Performances are good, the atmosphere constantly remains tense and the story's focused and grounded direction means it stays on the right track.
July 18, 2015
Excellent movie with a wonderful twist. Beware of strangers!
July 6, 2015
Atmospheric, engaging, unpredictable and tense. Woody Harrelson is wonderfully cast against type. Ben Kingsley begs the question "why do we see this guy so little these days?". Perhaps a one time success for director Brad Anderson who hasn't lived up to promise since, "Transsiberian" is a finely executed psychological thriller which offers excellent performances, pacing and gripping setpieces.
June 11, 2015
"Transsiberian" is a well-acted and beautifully-shot thriller that manages to keep its viewers on their proverbial toes, even if moral ambiguity may hamper character development.