Transsiberian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transsiberian Reviews

½ April 10, 2015
'Transsiberian' is another thriller that has gone relatively under the radar, yet it is turns out to be a tense and enjoyable watch. The plot generally limits itself to the confines of a long haul train, travelling through the depths of Russia. I enjoyed this gritty environment, and it made for some tense action. The characters are introduced and developed well; diving into their personalities and background. Despite this only being some 7 years old at the time of writing this, I did get the impression that it felt quite dated. Whether or not this is a bad thing is debatable, as it was perhaps nice to see a thriller stripped back to basics. All in all 'Transsiberian' was a unique and entertaining watch, and one that I would recommend.
April 6, 2015
Fantastic film, have done the Transiberian journey and although my experience was thankfully a lot less eventful (ie completely uneventful) the staff the train and the passengers are just like those on the film!
April 5, 2015
A very slow, character-driven film that boasts a strong cast with a stand-out performance from Ben Kingsley. Recommend for fans of slow-burn thrillers, nothing very memorable but you won't regret watching it either. C+
April 5, 2015
WOW......WOW......WOW......WOW.....WOW......THRILLING......FANTASTIC.......SO SO SO BRILLIANT......man I have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie.......I think that woody harrelson, Emily Mortimer, ben kingsley, kate mara, Thomas Kretschmann, Eduardo Noriega, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......I think that the director of this mystery/suspense/drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......I think that this is such a gripping movie 2 watch, its got such a great cast throughout this movie.......I think that ben kingsley was brilliant throughout this movie......I think that this is such a fantastic thrilling movie 2 watch,

The film has received highly positive reviews. It has a 91 percent "fresh" rating at Rotten Tomatoes based on 82 reviews, with an average rating of 7.2/10. The critical consensus states that "Traditional in form yet effective in execution, this taut thriller updates the 'danger on a train' scenario with atmospheric sense." Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times praised the film, saying it builds "true fear and suspense".

According to Box Office Mojo, it ultimately grossed US$2,206,405 in the United States and US$3,720,005 in foreign countries, for a worldwide gross of US$5,926,410

Transsiberian is a 2008 Spanish-German-British-Lithuanian thriller film, set on the Trans-Siberian Railway, in which an American couple's journey from China to Russia becomes a nightmare after they befriend a pair of fellow travellers.

It was directed by Brad Anderson and stars Woody Harrelson, Emily Mortimer and Ben Kingsley. Filming began in December 2006 in Vilnius, Lithuania, with additional photography in Beijing and Russia. The film premiered at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival in January 2008, followed by a series of other international film festivals. It had a limited USA release on 18 July 2008, followed by limited cinema releases in a few more countries, before moving over to the DVD and TV market.

man this is such a gripping movie 2 watch, its got such a fantastic cast throughout this movie.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......I think that this is such a great thrilling movie 2 watch, with a great cast throughout this movie........
March 10, 2015
I got pretty surprised with this film. My son found the original DVD as a bargain in a supermarket. It was a good buying. The story and the actor's performance was satisfying. Harrelson ok as the na´ve American, Eduardo Noriega the Spanish actor from "Abre los Ojos" ("Vanilla Sky" in the minor Tom Cruise's version) was correct as this kind of educated "drug mule". And Emily Mortimer was OK too. Extra mention for the Siberian landscapes shown in the film.
February 23, 2015
predictable and simplistic
February 20, 2015
well crafted mystery/thriller
½ January 28, 2015
Great acting , good storyline very enable film
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A decent drama thriller with Woody Harrelson. The movie starts of a bit slow but becomes better and better. Story follows a couple on a train from China to Moscow involving a murder.. Pretty simple story and well made. Nice winter landscapes aswell i thought.
½ December 10, 2014
This 7865 kilometer journey into the bleak, bitterly cold, pale white Siberia was quite good. Well designed thriller with good actors in Mortimer, Kingsley, Harrelson. Liked the cinematography.
½ November 9, 2014
Great acting, good tension.
½ November 5, 2014
A rare film that is actually worth the time it takes to watch it.
September 25, 2014
Kate Mara is in it need I say anymore.
½ August 16, 2014
So close to 4 stars. Slow to develop, but worth the wait. Love Emily Mortimer.
August 16, 2014
Never saw this coming
½ July 29, 2014
Great movie. Suspenseful, well-made, with great performances from its three leads.
July 26, 2014
Some conveniences and a weak ending take some of he intensity away, but Transsiberian is lifted up by its tense atmosphere created from claustrophobic direction and bleak landscape, and some very convincing performances from its excellent cast.
½ June 22, 2014
Patiently builds suspense and tension. While it is somewhat predictable, there is a constant feeling of unease and mystery that instills a cautious wonder and an urgent sense of worry regarding subtle changes in atmosphere.
May 26, 2014
Great Drama, Character Driven film! Did not know how this was going to end?
May 25, 2014
Engaging and well played, ultimately it is the weak story that prevents this film from living up to its potential.

At first the story is quite interesting and the confined space in which the story plays out makes this quite intriguing. Unfortunately the story becomes quite conventional and predictable which is a shame and all of the tension built up in the first half disappears.Its a real shame.

That being said, the cast are great and the visuals help to keep things interesting.