Transylvania Twist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transylvania Twist Reviews

October 28, 2013
I can't deny that Transylvania Twist is a bad movie. I can completely understand why it slipped quietly into obscurity upon its release and why hardly anyone has ever heard of it. It's a horror spoof, but not a particularly brilliant one. However, there's enough on display in this movie to make it charming and enjoyable. Directed by cult director Jim Wynorski and starring Robert Vaughn, Angus Scrimm and Playboy Playmate Teri Copley, it takes on just about every horror franchise out there. That is, all that it can fit into its 90 minute running time. There's plenty of stuff in the background to find, and there's also an appearance by Forrest J. Ackerman. There's also The Tall Man (naturally), Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Pinhead, Dracula, and even a cameo by Boris Karloff (using footage from The Terror). It's a fun little movie in the vein of something like Saturday the 14th, Ghost Fever or Transylvania 6-5000. It also pre-dates the meta horror genre by several years, as well. It won't blow you away, but it's enjoyable at least.
½ June 12, 2011
This turned out to be a surprisingly funny (at times) parody of horror movies. If you love classic horror movies and stupid stuff then you should get a kick out of this.
June 7, 2010
Good old classic spoof comedy...
January 26, 2010
Ok, maybe I'm biased, I like spoof movies. And I like a spoof movie that understands that they are doing a terrible job. I also like horror films. I figure, there is a gauge of the movie, easily read in the first 20 minutes. If you have not laughed and have not agreed with Dexter (or laughed at his reaction) then you've got the wrong movie. But I am very sore that others would be so against what is a fairly honest spoof of a genre that is usually pretty silly to being with. Teri Copley's acting alone is reason enough to laugh, reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe, just this side of bad acting. Or maybe that side, depending on the scene. But it isn't made to be a serious movie, it's entertainment that you smoke before and enjoy!
January 8, 2010
Mostly bad, but there were a few amusing moments!
February 17, 2009
very funny movie, much better than most others in it's genre'. Don't confuse this with Transylvania 6-5000, this is much better!!!
August 14, 2008
funny a little different like it
July 30, 2008
Somewhere between STUDENT BODIES and SCARYBMOVIE lies this litle gem. Anyone into horror spoofs should check this one out!
June 27, 2008
I love horror spoof cheese.
March 23, 2008
This is my favorite horror spoof ever. The opening sequence is enough to rank it number one.
½ February 5, 2008
Very silly and very cheesy. Awesome
November 20, 2007
Great Halloween movie. With a Chuck Cirino score!
September 29, 2007
OMG who knew....i thought i made this movie up in my head
½ September 25, 2007
Lot's of good humor and parody.
August 23, 2007
a very bizarre horror spoof that I was OBSESSED with as a kid.
½ August 6, 2007
I used to love this movie... but it's been a looooong time since I've seen it.