Treasure Inn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Treasure Inn Reviews

January 10, 2014
Funny and entertaining
½ February 20, 2012
the story is alright but it is super super funny!!
December 5, 2011
I think maybe had I been half my age I might have enjoyed this silly instantly forgettable nonsense more. Nuff said.
½ October 28, 2011
Maybe I had a really really low expectation, this turns out not *that* bad. Still full of out-dated gags. But Corey Yuen's action sequences are okay. And please, don't ever have Nic Tse to do comedy again. His comedic timing and acting are terrible.
September 22, 2011
its unoriginality really bugs me
September 10, 2011
This movie would have made a fairly good Chinese adventure flick if they have taken out all the lame comedy.
½ September 7, 2011
Wong Jing's Treasure Inn screams wuxia comedy all over.This picture contains a straightforward plot that has difficulty filling its 90+ minute run time. Sandwiched between a decent first act and an action-filled finale is a lot of nonsense just used to lengthen this production. Sure, it's a comedy, but when the laughs are a few, it becomes a waste of time.The action is pretty good and it serves as a savior for this picture. There are a few segments with typical wire fighting, but this film does have its share of eccentric engagements as well. Watching "Acoustic Power" being played on a lute is quite the amusement.Nick Cheung and his goofy teeth are only worth a few chuckles. Nick Tse's performance seems a bit more suitable for a serious film rather than a comedic one. Charlene Choi and Huang Yi are a bit much to handle. The latter is more tolerable. The lovely Liu Yang is one of the more enjoyable of the bunch along with Tong Dawei.Treasure Inn doesn't offer a whole lot outside of a film of this caliber, but it manages to get by.
½ August 23, 2011
This 2011 Hong Kong wuxia comedy directed by Wong Jing and Corey Yuen was recommended to me by a friend... and I had to see it! Wuxia is a Mandarin-language term that literally means "martial arts chivalry" and represents a uniquely Chinese variety of storytelling that dates back long before the advent of filmmaking, at least as far as the Tang Dynasty (618-907). It is defined by stories that combine China's wushu (martial arts) tradition with deeds of heroic chivalry performed by men and women. During the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), these tales became epic novels such as Outlaws of the Marsh and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Protagonists were often sword-bearing warriors of great virtue, who, like Robin Hood or King Arthur, would apply their fighting skills to vanquishing injustices with the edge of their blades.

Have the above info in mind when you watch this charming comedy with unusual events happening left, right and centre... some of those so unreal that you had to enjoy it... and starring Nicholas Tse, Nick Cheung, Charlene Choi, Liu Yang, David Tong and Huang Yi gives you extra satisfaction because they were, at least for me, perfectly cast!

The story is about Master Kung and Lo Pa, who are two police officers of White Horse City, who have high skills but are underused (washing dirty clothes was one of the duties :-)). A robbery happened at the city's richest man Ho Pak Man's home where his whole family was killed and their family treasure the "White Jade Goddess of Mercy" was stolen and the "Police God" Tit Mo Ching investigates the case. Kung and Lo Pa cannot participate because of their low status... but their "skills" did not get unnoticed...

Coincidentally, Master Kung and Lo Pa arrest a pair of twin gorgeous sisters, Water Dragon Girl and Fire Dragon Girl(by the way, they always pretend to catch wanted criminals to get money rewards). The twin sisters know that the "White Jade Goddess of Mercy" would be brought to the "Treasure Inn" for an auction. Wanting to hit big, Master Kung and Lo Pa go to the "Treasure Inn" with the twin sisters to investigate the truth. During that time, Master Kung and Water Dragon Girl fall in love... starts with a kiss...

I'll say that this is one of director's Wong Jing better films and you'll be entertained... I heard that someone said that there is certainly no treasure... sadly, I agree... do not expect too much and you'll enjoy it!
August 6, 2011
Quite predictable despite its initially promising premise. Too bad the actors brought it down. The girls were cringe-worthy. Only actors worth watching was the couple who chose to stay together and die in the end. What a waste.
July 10, 2011
charlene was awesome! :)
½ July 5, 2011
There are a lot of questions playing in one's mind while watching "Treasure Inn". How did Corey Yuen end up making a movie with Wong Jing and resulted in this? Why is the feeling of dej vu in your heart every time the characters make a boob joke? Why Liu Yang is even considered an actress? And most of all, why would Nick Cheung - who has crawled his way through everything from licking Stephen Chow's shoes in Wong Jing's "Tricky Master" (1999), to being a dog in "Every Dog Has Its Date" (2001) to finally an award-winning performance in "Beast Stalker" (2008) where he is finally taken seriously, but ends up in a Wong Jing movie again with prosthetic teeth and playing second fiddle to Nicholas Tse.
July 4, 2011
A typical Wong Jing lame show that can let you laugh it off.
June 28, 2011
1/2?? (R) 3/4?' ??'? ""
1/2?Chok?就,, (R)-?,,
June 26, 2011
Wong Jing with kung-fu. This is the best description of this comedy kung fu movie that is funny and entertaining enough for a decent watch. It does have the trademark of Wong Jing style all over it but then again, it has its kung fu moments too. Personally I feel the mou liew tau? level has been tone down a bit this time but some of you might disagree with me. Overall, if you are a fan of Wong Jin(TM)s comedies, you should defiantly watch this movie but if you(TM)re not also, you might want to have a go with it and maybe it will surprise you.
June 25, 2011
Stupid funny. Would have preferred Louis Koo in Nicholas' role though.