Trekkies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trekkies Reviews

½ February 8, 2016
Both hilarious and frightening, this documentary shows you the world of those Trek fans that are REALLY into Trek. For all I've seen of Trek (and its a lot...i must admit), this movie truly makes me appreciate just how bad I really could be...I may be a Trek fan, but I'm not even on the same planet as these folks. An extra half a star just for making me feel better about myself.
May 8, 2015
A funny look into a whole different world. It is so in depth it even becomes exhausting.
April 17, 2015
A really fun, eccentric & objective look at Star Trek fans as a whole. Quirky & hilarious, uncomfortable & awkward. As a lifelong Star Wars fan, this little film brought out nothing but respect for the Star Trek fans & its community.
May 13, 2014
This is a very interesting documentary on the work of Star Trek fans, and it feels like it was made more for the fans than documentary lovers. There are a ton of famous Trek actors in this movie who come to talk about the phenomenon of the TV series, and its impact on people's lives all over the world. If, for some reason I can't think of, Star Trek ceased to exist, then this would be the perfect documentary to show future generations what it was all about. I don't like a lot of documentaries, and like others it gets a bit boring at times, but it's the best movie to watch if you want to understand Trekkies.
March 24, 2014
Educational, but quickly becomes dated.
½ October 30, 2013
Consider this as a "best of the conventions". Well done.
October 20, 2013
Live long and prosper!
½ September 5, 2013
A really amusing documentary highlighting one of the more fanatical fan bases in pop culture. It's interesting to get a glimpse into their world from a distance.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ August 18, 2013
Trekkies is a well crafted documentary that takes a look at the fan base of the famed TV show Star Trek. Fans of the shows are truly dedicated and follow the series feverishly. The series has been extremely popular for many years, but Trekkies showcases the dedication of the most diehard fans of the show. I really enjoyed the film, and thought it was a great glimpse into the fandom of Star Trek. Obviously some people may find these fans to be quite obsessive and with good reason, but the thing is, is that if you love something and you're interested in the subject, why not devote your time to something positive. Trekkies is a fun documentary, one that documents a truly interesting subject. For Sci Fi fans, this is a must seem, for viewers that are not used to the fandom, well you might want to pass this up. However if you're looking for a well crafted documentary to watch, definitely give Trekkies a viewing. The film is at times imperfect, but it exposes its subject perfectly, and with that being said, you can appreciate the dedication of the fans, even if you think they at times push the limits a bit too far. Trekkies is entertaining for what it is, and it gives you a glimpse into pop culture like you never seen it before. You'll surely enjoy this if you love a good documentary, but if you don't appreciate the Star Trek phenomenon, you may want to pass this up. This film features lots of interviews with fans and actors, and it goes at the heart of the culture of Star Trek. Trekkies is a fun film from start to finish.
July 12, 2013
It's A Good Thing That I Love Movies And I Never Get Rid Of Loving Movies.
June 10, 2013
Get ready to beam up to a galaxy where autograph hounds abound, dentists drill in Federation garb and the debate over "Trekkies" vs. "Trekkers" rages on. Denise Crosby of Star Trek: The Next Generation hosts this often hilarious documentary about the Star Trek "fan-nomenon." Interviewing hundreds of devoted fans and such Star Trek cast members as Lenoard Nimoy, Deforest Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Kate Mulgrew and Brent Spiner, the film creates an entertaining and endearing portrait of the landmark series that has touched the lives of people around the world.
½ January 30, 2013
A very good musing on the Star Trek phenomenon and its rabid, obsessive, borderline fanatical, profound fans and their unique way of life and of seeing the world. Many cast members from the various incarnations make welcome appearances to give their own two-cents and many touching stories of lives being changed for the better are told. Delightfully weird.
January 14, 2013
Trekkies is a great documentary and look at the oldest and most avid fandom, lent extra credibility by Star Trek: The Next Generation cast member Denise Crosby as host. We meet some figures that have stayed with its viewers, Trekkies or not, such as Barbara Adams and Gabriel Koerner, and we see some grassroots, sincere fan support for a show ahead of its time pre-widespread Internet age. It is well put together, not belittling, and doesn't overdo anything, with a relatively short runtime of 86 minutes. All in all, a memorable piece of filmmaking.
December 12, 2012
Oh god, this movie still rules. Haven't seen it in 10 years and the nerds are still amazing.
November 18, 2012
Scary and funny documentary.
July 18, 2012
A love letter to Star Trek, Trekkies is a fascinating look into a niche of hyper-specific fandom. The documentary manages to avoid trivializing or making fun of its subjects. It does, however, little to persuade non-believers to join the movement.
July 4, 2012
(Watched Mon 16 Jan 2012) A lightly humorous look at the world of Star Trek fandom.
½ June 6, 2012
An interesting if campy look at the phenomenon that is Star Trek
April 23, 2012
It's an interesting look at the over the top fans of Star Trek and how the phenomenon developed AFTER the original series was no longer in production. Some of the people and stories are just unbelievable. Is this a religion? Even Leonard Nimoy says he is still struggling to grasp exactly what this phenomenon is.