Tremors 3 - Back to Perfection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tremors 3 - Back to Perfection Reviews

November 5, 2014
Tremors 3 is funny, off-the-wall, and pretty enjoyable, making it a decent (but not equal) third Graboid flick. 6.0/10
½ October 30, 2014
How did they manage to make this one even worst than the last? The acting is more atrocious, the attempts at comedy are much more painful, and all the characters are even more annoying. Not once did I enjoy myself when watching this crap. It just drags on and on, seemingly neverending. Also, the people in this movie can't seem to tell the difference between vibration and sound. It's clearly stated in the first one that vibration is what attracts these things. For some reason, every time these things showed up in this movie, everyone just shouted to be physically quiet, as if that's supposed to help. The movie somehow failed to follow it's very basic rules, and it makes me sick. Do yourself a favor and avoid this monstrosity.
September 21, 2014
Weakest of the series but still watchable.

Grade: C-
August 24, 2014
Good in the "I wan't to see cheesy monsters eat people in a third squeal to a movie with Kevin bacon" kinda way.
July 27, 2014
'Tremors 3 - Back to Perfection' - Poorly named given that this second sequel again fails to live up to the quality of the original. It's again pitting one of the sub characters from the first movie as it's lead, who is nowhere near up to the standard of Kevin Bacon's role. It again seems a bit of a free for all to showcase as many guns and weapons as possible and what used to be a tough underground beast to kill, is now easily destructible. The fact that the grabboids are now mutating into winged farting birds has sunk this series to a new level - one which is not really worth repeating. Despite the ability to access a greater use of special effects, this movie has gone backwards in its computer generation and what was already an unrealistic concept, has been turned into a shambles. It reminds me of the same route that the Anaconda films took whereby the original has quite a cult following, but the spinoffs have just brought the franchise down. To think that there is a fourth instalment of this in my box set pains me, but I'm sure I'll be feeling frivolous one rainy day and give the final one a showing. Hardly recommendable, and that's coming from someone who's taste in films is shoddy to say the least.
½ June 28, 2014
No Good without Fred Ward. D+
May 20, 2014
The Food Chain Just Grew Another Link, As The Tagline States But It's The Weakest Link In The Quadrilogy. Michael Gross Returns As Burt Gummer, So Expect More Guns, More Action & To Be Irritated By The Survivalist. This Film Features More Action A Weaker Script, & Comes Full Circle With The Pre-Cambrian Lifeforms' Life Cycle. First Their Underground, Then Above Ground & The Final Stage Of Evolution Which Causes Them To Fly & Lay Eggs, In Turn Starting A New Life Cycle. This Is An Action-Orientated Decent Flick, Which May Be The Weakest Film In The Series, But Stands By Itself An Entertaining Film.
May 10, 2014
I saw 1 and 2, so I would not be against watching this one...
½ May 8, 2014
Actually much better than the previous movie. Still not as good as the original, but Tremors 3 is still awesome. There's new content which keeps it fresh.
February 21, 2014
Loved the new creatures, hated the acting.
February 5, 2014
Got to get my hands on this
½ January 11, 2014
A very fun and cool looking addition to the tremors franchise. I really like this film and I think that dropping Earl and promoting Burt to lead was good for the series. 7.3/10
January 2, 2014
Of course there are plot holes. But it's still hilarious and we loved the assblasters, well worth seeing!
½ December 21, 2013
Fun but not the best
October 25, 2013
Back in Perfection NV, the town has pretty much rid itself of all graboids, but that doesn't stop a few entrepreneurs from cashing in on the craze. They host fake tours which are supposed to show graboids, but it all just an excellent ploy. Eventually, a graboid does show up and the tour is unable to cope as expected. Gummer to the rescue, but the FBI steps in to save the species from extinction. So they will only allow them to be tranquilized. The FBI story doesn't seem to go anywhere, but eventually the graboids evolve again, into this time a flying kind which are called assblasters. A pretty funny moment in where they try to decide on a name. Even without the main characters from either 1 or 2, Gummer is the only holdout but keeps the energy alive since he was always the fun one. Actually pretty decent despite being incredibly low budget and direct to video.
September 22, 2013
A better-than-you'd-think addition to the 'Tremors' franchise with effective humour and good special effects. Lots of fun throughout, adding more depth to the central monster whilst not straying too far from the conventions of the series.
August 30, 2013
Tremors is one of the only series i've seen that doesn't deteriorate across its direct-to-dvd sequels.
August 24, 2013
This installment loses quite a bit of the horror and the comedy that made the first two great. And the pitch perfect practical effects are replaced with cheap CGI.

That said, however, Burt Gummer is a total bad-ass and it's fun to watch him kill some monsters.
August 20, 2013
Good movie, a little slow but yet I loved it. Storyline very straight forward- survive. They have discovered another creature and the name is just funny. Anyhow recommended
½ July 16, 2013
An unnecessary worm covered in cheese.