Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins Reviews

September 18, 2016
What a suprising prequel to the legendary Tremors series!
½ August 16, 2016
it a boring movie with some thing that does not make sense but is has some fun
½ July 18, 2016
Ok, it's not a masterpiece but it's the best of the rest... I'll take 4 over 3 any day!
½ June 3, 2016
The Tremors franchise continues to surprise by how not-terrible it is. Of course the original was the only truly good one, but so far the three sequels have been engaging.

What I do have trouble wrapping my head around is this fascination so many films have with bizarre quasi-prequels. You know, ones that don't actually expand the mythos itself, but have actors come back to play their own ancestors doing the same thing all over again, in the past? It feels less like it should be a feature film, and more like an Elseworld comic, or a single episode about a parallel universe in a cheesy TV show. Tremors is far from the first to do it, and its a concept that has never really worked for me.
December 6, 2015
Strangely, I liked this sequel a lot. 2 and 3 were disappointing, but I would chalk this one up right with the 1st Tremor. It is creative, interesting, and the comical/horror mix were well implemented. Again, like the 1st one, it was interesting from the beginning to the end.
½ November 6, 2015
The first three Tremors movies depreciated greatly with each movie. I was not excited to proceed to the fourth movie after the third one was so bad. Fortunately, this movie shakes things up and moves away from the stale set of secondary characters in feature roles. This time the adventure takes place in a flashback set in the Wild West. It takes influence from Back to the Future III in a number of ways. The western characters are humorously similar versions of their distant descendants. They look and even sound like their great-great-grand-children. Michael Gross, however, is dramatically different. After seeing him be gung-ho for three movies it is a fun juxtaposition to have him playing a cowardly and delicate proper type of gentleman. The tone is still campy and comical, but now the series confidently pushes primarily for humor with less emphasis on thrills. It is a good move, and it pays off in a big way. The general sense of fun and likability of simple characters returns to the series for the first time since the original movie. I like it enough to say that it is completely worth the trudge of third movie in order to get to this.
November 2, 2015
A very fun creature-feature/western. It has a few slow moments, but the action scenes are well done. A worthy addition to an excellent series.
October 6, 2015
Absolutely Hated This Prequel Style Tremors Movie Worst Of Serie!
October 5, 2015
Quirky and entertaining... it just feels small. The graphics however, ARE better than the third film.
September 30, 2015
Still a bit of charm, but the spark that made the first two so great seems to be missing in this one.

Good to watch if you've seen the first 3 and have nothing better to watch.
September 2, 2015
I was hoping for something similar to the first movie, just with a wild west setting. And it is like the first movie, if you took out 4/5ths of the action. It's just so boring for a tremors movie. It seems pretty easy to make. Show people climbing buildings/rocks/etc and running while the camera follows them from a low angle. You don't need a huge budget and state-of-the-art special effects to pull that off. Instead, there's just a lot of talk. The tremors look much better than the third movie (with some of the worst CGI ever), but there really wasn't much to enjoy from this movie. It wasn't offensive or bad, just pointless.
½ July 22, 2015
I'm a fan of the franchise, so I may be biased.
May 2, 2015
The original is a classic but this is just a cheap knockoff.
December 22, 2014
It works well like an ordinary prequel, but it's a toned-down one of the Tremors franchise with not a lot to explore except how the original came to be in a few cues that are the only things that are interesting to watch for when it hence the subtitle of the title. It's although watchable, even though the entertaining value was also toned down to a small amount. (B-)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
December 21, 2014
much better than the third one. still ridiculous but more intentionally so. better characters and story
½ November 17, 2014
Not great, but than again, Syfy rarely puts out anything this good. 47/100
½ November 5, 2014
It's not great, but bringing back the practical effects was an interesting idea. Better than you would think for a Syfy channel TV movie. 5.4/10
October 30, 2014
Well it is much better than the last two films that's for sure. Doesn't make it good unfortunately. It fixes the acting and attempts at comedy problems thankfully, but is bogged down by severe boredom. Nothing really happens and the entire time I was watching it, I had to struggle to stay awake. However, I'd much rather watch this over the previous two films and it fixed some of the problems I had, so I don't hate it too much.