Trick Reviews

• May 29, 2017

An amazing film with the ability to inspire love even after the 100+ times I've viewed.

• Jul 31, 2016

Really really cute:):) i liked it a lot. just the type of world i like to live in. this is one I'll definitely rewatch for its over the top yet very grounded storytelling.

• Jan 20, 2016

YES YES I love this Movie. And i love the song (Trick of fate).

YES YES I love this Movie. And i love the song (Trick of fate).

• Sep 11, 2015

I was so happy to find this as a free option on my mom's cable. I saw it at the theater when it was released. I remember it being one of the most honest, well-made independent gay-themed movies until that point (along with Torch Song Trilogy). Seeing 90's NYC locations again was sweet (like street phones and WTC). Tori Spelling was the biggest name here and still is, but the other actors do well--especially the go-go boy who reveals his character at just the right pace.

• Jul 05, 2015

Loved & lived this movie in real life, super fun!

Loved & lived this movie in real life, super fun!

• Mar 13, 2014

In my Top 10 of the genre; Absolutely loved this movie !

In my Top 10 of the genre; Absolutely loved this movie !

• Dec 02, 2013

I don't usually go for romantic comedies, but this is such a sweet film that has such a truth to it, but at the same time being satirical, with the right portion of camp.

• Jul 31, 2013

Another of those films that leaves you feeling good about the world, "Trick" is a simply yet emotionally-charged film about the struggle of finding love in a city, and the consequences that this holds. The picture centres on Gabriel (Christian Campbell), a young budding musical-theatre writer, who longs to write an old-style musical. On the subway back from a gay bar one night, Gabriel makes eye contact with "Go-GO Dancer" Mark (John Paul Pitoc) from the club, who follows him off the train and they decide to go back to Gabriel's apartment. This turns out to be impossible, and the night turns out to be a series of unfortunate events preventing Gabriel and Mark getting their much needed alone time. The film enlightens the audience on the struggle of finding gay love in a heterosexual city, and also the amount of happiness that can be brought by finding the right person. An unrealistic aspect of this film is the issue of hunk Mark falling for Gabriel, a skinny, nerdy character. I wish it was only that easy to get Mark's to want to pick me up on the train! The audience are kept laughing by Gabriel's quirky wannabe-actress friend Katherine (Tori Spelling) who reminisces over the days that he any Gabriel were together at high school, and Gabriel's roommate's French girl Genevieve (Lacey Kohl,) who offers her very insightful relationship counselling while her chest on full display. A great feel-good film with lashings of reality throughout.

• May 19, 2013

awesome movie I wanna have se.x with beer can here but cant find a place running all over to find a place we fall in love ahh love lift us up where we belong.... it was really great I was actually screaming at the tv at one point to go after him! lol

• May 14, 2013

Love, love, love, this movie. One of the best gay-themed movies in my opinion.

Love, love, love, this movie. One of the best gay-themed movies in my opinion.