Trick or Treats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trick or Treats Reviews

April 12, 2015
It looks like anything could get into theatres back in the 80's, this would be straight to video from the 90's onward.
There is some quality under all the crap, a sort of interesting story idea and some at times decent actors and an OK ending make this sort of enjoyable as a late night youtube watch while doing something else. :P
January 15, 2015
Man, you really have to feel sympathy for this poor woman left alone to babysit an absolute shithead of a child, just because she's just trying to get through her night while this kid keeps playing tricks on her and there's a psycho on the loose, just to make matters worse.

I'd never seen this film before the other night, but it's a decent little watch and something I can see revisiting in the future.

Rental.
February 23, 2014
Love it! While its an average slasher flick, there are elements that make watching this well worth it. The character of Christopher is the whole reason I love this film as much as I do!
October 23, 2013
This one is odd. Relentlessly slow, it doesn't provide much in the way of scares or thrills but eeks its way to a surprisingly satisfying finale. The theme of cinema's inherent manipulative qualities adds additional interest. Nice surprise this one.
October 26, 2011
Blatant rip-off of Carpenter's Halloween but really fun, great appearance by Carradine and another movie that makes me love Carrie Snodgress more.
½ July 17, 2010
I'm sorry but this isn't even horror. That ex husband acted like a clown.
½ October 14, 2009
Trick or Treats (not to be confused with 80's rock n' roll horror film Trick or Treat) is about rich wife Carrie Snodgress who wrongfully has husband Peter Jason committed to an insane asylum (How? No fucking clue). Several years later, on Halloween night, her and new husband David Carradine (who cameos in this film for some reason at the height of his popularity. Must've owed someone a favor) go out to a big Hollywood party and have babysitter Jacquelyn Giroux come and babysit their psychotic son who the majority of the film playing comical and magical pranks and tricks on her throughout the night. While this is happening, Jason makes his escape from the hospital and engages in several comical moments that involve him cross-dressing, robbing bums (one of which is cult director/actor Paul Bartel, who also must've owed a favor), and other such comical nonsense. If they were trying to present Jason as a maniac, they did and incredibly horrible job of it as he's relatively silly throughout the movie. Things take a turn though when Jason FINALLY turns menacing and someone FINALLY gets killed and people are FINALLY in peril within the last 20 minutes, which ends on a rather predictable (but grim) note. This film suffers from major identity crisis as it's pretty much a comedy for 70 minutes and then a horror for the last 20. Movies like From Dusk Til Dawn and The Cottage are able to pull this concept off much better than Trick or Treat ever does. Steve Railsback, another fun cult horror actor, has an incredibly pointless role as the lead girl's boyfriend (I guess everyone owed favors in this film). Good as a comedy, terrible as a horror film.
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.