Trigger Man Reviews

• Jun 20, 2018

A fairly good movie. Although its slow at times and the camera work is very shoddy. Considering its only the 2nd film for a 26 yr old Ti West, it gets 3*. The scares are minimal at best, but then again it gets points for being based on a true story.

• Feb 24, 2016

low budget can make a scary movie better than expensive budget movie.

low budget can make a scary movie better than expensive budget movie.

• Jun 08, 2015

I'll preface this by saying I'm a fan of Ti West (apart from the questionable Cabin Fever sequel) and I truly enjoy slowly building tension, claustrophobic atmosphere, haunting mood, and a sudden, shocking conclusion. I would argue his three "big films" all succeed in all these areas. However, Trigger Man fails in each. To be honest, I can hardly consider this a movie, per se. It feels like B roll footage that West taped together and called a film. I see what he was going for: true reality, grit, and 'everyman in a dangerous situation' scenario. But the characters are paper thin, especially the lead, who seems to have been lobotomized for all the fear and emotion he shows. And there is no dread, no slow burn; in fact, there's nothing to burn. Even Cinéma vérité requires some degree of drama, some human element, at least quality cinematography. Trigger Man feels like a failed college film. I'm glad West has moved on to much greater things. We all have to start somewhere.

• Sep 22, 2013

Well judging by all the good reviews this has had I must be missing something because I thought it was some seriously boring shit.

• Mar 03, 2013

Wanted to watch this because its a Ti West movie and wow, very cool!

Wanted to watch this because its a Ti West movie and wow, very cool!

• Feb 25, 2013

An auspicious early effort from director Ti West. The handheld camerawork and quick-zoom shooting (normally something I despise) are actually well-utilized here, helping to build a sense of almost unbearable dread throughout. The film only falters in the last reel when that tension begins to dissipate somewhat. Apart from small quibble, the picture works perfectly on a deep, primal level.

• Nov 30, 2012

78% The hand held, shakey cam sucks. Great location. I'm a West fan.

78% The hand held, shakey cam sucks. Great location. I'm a West fan.

• Nov 28, 2012

A few exciting scenes strung together with some of the most boring imaginable. At an hour and twenty minutes this still was a chore to sit through (although I don't know why I was surprised, with a script that is only 18 pages long the filmmakers are bound to stuff the movie full of filler). I appreciate the indie spirit behind this production but I could only really recommend this film to people curious as to what earlier Ti West work before House of the Devil was like (I'll clue you in: not as good). Although I eventually got used to the shaky camera-work, that aspect was extremely distracting and nauseating during the first hour of the film.

• Nov 17, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Starts off slow, but becomes a rewarding and intense film worth seeking out.

• Oct 27, 2012

Way too intense, the camera was always in motion and making me sick, and no real answers are ever provided, but the torturous slow buildup leading to abrupt horror is signature Ti West. By the end I was crawling up the back of my chair in painful suspense.