Triggermen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Triggermen Reviews

½ October 30, 2015
gr8 cast & music make this caper pic go & funny too
½ September 27, 2014
Entertaining but not what I'd call genius film making.
January 30, 2013
Cute crime flick and it has Pete Postlethwaite. Nuf said.
March 6, 2012
its been a while since ive seen this movie, but it was cute but not the best movie in the world. not enough action or enough killing.
½ September 15, 2010
Triggermen starts off extremely slow, but seems to pick up steam without the audience noticing. With pretty poor performances all the way around it's kind of a surprise this movie went down as easy as it did. This action comedy didn't provide much in the way of an in depth plot, had zero character building and not to mention it was a bit predictable; yet brought enough cheap comedy bits to keep us entertained. If your a fan of gorgeousity then you will really enjoy Clair Forlani's role, as she looks just stunning as always.

I rate this movie 54/100

Review # 40
½ September 15, 2010
A bit slow moving, but it's entertaining. The dialogue between the Brits is very funny indeed if you can understand what they're saying. Complications develop and everything gets resolved satisfactorily.
September 15, 2010
Consistently funny and smart comedy film is powered by the brilliant performance of Neil Morrissey.
September 15, 2010
Triggermen
Starring: Neil Morrissey, Adrian Dunbar, Donnie Wahlberg, Michael Rappaport, Clair Forlani, and Pete Postlethwaite
Director: John Bradshaw

Two small-time English thieves (Morrissey and Dunbar) come to Chicago in search of a big score, but instead find themselves mistaken for a pair of hitmen contracted to kill a mob boss who wants to retire (Postlethwaite). They take the payment and intend to run with the cash before they have to make good on the hit... but first they want to live it up a little. Meanwhile, the real killers (Wahlberg and Rappaport) are staying in the same hotel, waiting for their contact to provide them with cash and instructions. The situation becomes even more complicated when one of the assassins (who is also hoping to retire from his life of violent crime) meets and instantly falls in love with a woman (Forlani) who turns out to be the mob boss' daughter. Professional intergrity and mob codes of honor dictate that [i]someone[/i] will have to be dead when the confusion and mistaken identies are sorted out.

"Triggermen" is an amusing crime comedy that will appeal first and foremost of fans of Donald Westlake novels and those who enjoy films like "Snatch" and "A Fish Called Wanda." Like in Westlake's best books, we stay involved with the story in "Triggermen" because all the main characters are very likable, despite the fact they're virtually all hardcore criminals, and because of the ever-escalating difficulties some of them find themselves in.

"Triggermen" doesn't bring anything new to this type of movie, but the acting and scripting is good enough to make it a worthwhile film nonetheless. It could even have been a Seven Tomato film if it had been slightly quicker in its pace. Once all the players in the drama and confusion have been introduced, the film seems to lose its way in a meandering second act.
½ June 14, 2010
I found it entertaining, funny in some parts....
½ March 28, 2009
bit slow on the pace.. nothing great at all
½ October 14, 2008
The story was very interesting. When I watch the film it was okay but less excitement. When I saw the film I noticed that it was very ironic when it comes to a character that was about to be killed. It is an action with comedy but I don't feel it. So my reaction is okay but some negative views in some scenes.
July 23, 2008
not bad and looks good, nice cast very well done story
½ January 29, 2008
Two bumbling Limey cons, Pete and Andy (Neil Morrissey and Adrian Dunbar) are mistaken for professional hit men, Terry and Tommy (Donny Wahlberg and Michael Rapaport), and he fun begins. Pete and Andy just want enough money to get home to the UK, until one of them steals a suitcase left in a hotel lobby. Inside the suitcase, the cons discover a large amount of cash and a contract to kill Ben Cutler (Pete Postlethwaite), a Chicago crime lord. And there's the enticement of more money when the 'job' is done. Meanwhile Terry and Tommy are waiting for their assignment and Terry becomes distracted by the lovely Emma (Claire Forlani). Terry wants out of the business; he wants a "normal" life with a wife and family. While he is busy chasing Claire, poor Pete and Andy are swept up into the high life. The client, Franco D'Amico (Louis Di Bianco), believes the Limeys are true professionals and waits patiently for the hit to be carried out. No one would care about these characters, no one can sympathize with much of what went on, with the possible exception of Wahlberg's character.
January 27, 2008
Was very boring for the most part, didn't have very many redeeming qualities.
January 1, 2008
A small - probably straight to DVD heist flick that works- good cast and enough comedy and tricks and turns-a good surprise
November 3, 2007
A pretty good film filled with well-known second fiddles.
October 10, 2007
This one was not too bad, characters were ok, and it was a bit of fun. DVR it if you see it coming around on TV but I wouldn't necessarily rush to the video store for it!
October 3, 2007
Funny little film with an odd but interesting plot. I like Michael Rapaport and of course Pete Postlethwaite is one of the best in the business.
September 7, 2007
This "Snatch" & "True Romance" wannabe isn't *that* bad, there is the occasional funny line and ironic twist of fate that *might* catch the viewer off guard, yet the events are simply too similar to the aforementioned films, as well as others, to make it all that involving... We've seen this all before, done better in other films I might add, and thus I simply can't really recommend this film to many as its so derivative of others. Possibly fans of the cast may want to rent this, but let's be honest... this isn't much of a cast (I haven't even *heard* of most of these guys).
½ August 11, 2007
Surprisingly good movie with a very talented cast.