Trilogy of Terror II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trilogy of Terror II Reviews

½ January 11, 2014
Wow. This movie was incredibly stupid and irritatingly bad. I mean going into this, I wasn't expecting anything great, especially when experiencing the film years and years after its release, but after hearing about how good the first one was, I was hoping to get scared at least once. Nope. Sadly, the movie got worse and worse and the ending makes you want to punch your TV screen. I wonder what goes through the mind of the people in this situation, especially the scientist. So many dumb decisions made by her, its just flat out irritating! Then the boyfriend... just wow. This movie gets only one star because I watched it with my family and we laughed at sections, but very few. This movie is just bad, I mean if you watch it with like friends then you might get a kick outta it, and maybe those who grew up with it, but everyone else, just stay away.
½ July 28, 2013
A decent sequel to the original terror trilogy, however it wasn't as good. The rats story was great, but Bobby was just annoying and the less said about the zuni doll the better. The acting was good in all stories, and the characters were interesting, but it didn't feel as connected that the first one had.
½ June 28, 2013
this better than the first one but that's not saying much
½ March 23, 2013
Can't even come close to matching the effectiveness of the original (and even that film wasn't all that great, really), but the killer Zuni fetish doll proves to be the unequivocal highlight, as he was in the first. Beyond that, this is highly skippable, except for perhaps the most ardent fans of the previous movie.
November 24, 2012
As good as the first one: scary, fast paced and well acted--Dan Curtis rules!!
April 5, 2012
i saw this during the summer of third grade (not ten years yet *phew*) horror was a thing i HATED HATED HATED till october 20somethingth 7th grade when i saw halloween for the first time and became...but this review isnt about halloween. its about this camp fest. i missed the first story. i saw bobby a few minutes before they began playing hide and go seek...that scared me. then i saw that stupid doll thing. i hated how she kept going back to check. its like if i shoved it in the microwave (no clue if she did that) id leave and never come back. let some other fool deal with it. but the stupid bitch kept going back. and in the end yea she gets possessed cause she throws him in acid and guess what the bitch does? go on guess....she opens it and looks -_____- as stupid as it was it freaked me out. now why would i watch this? only an idiot wouldnt be able to tell trilogy of terror 2 is a horror movie. well that summer was a horror fuelled summer. family friends stayed over and me and the eldest daughter (waaaay older than me) would watch horror movies. also i had other family friends who came over nearly every single day. and their mom loves horror movies. it was funny cause the friends who lived with us the mom watches any movie but always thinks their stupid and (not to be racist) everyone was black. so imagine watching a movie where an idiot keeps looking to see if a killer doll is dead with two middle aged balck women. whom by the way are great friends. you get a ton of laughs with "no girl dont look in there *doll come out* i told you i fucking told you!"
then following "why the hell we even watching this? its stupid! the dumb bitch gonna get her stupid white ass chopped up by that ugly ass doll!"
classic xD

if you took the time to actually read that bit of my life, thank you, it means alot to know someone is actually somewhat interested(,:
August 10, 2011
classic xD

March 7, 2010
Not great, of course, but leaves you uneasy.
The zuni doll reminds me of Critters...
September 28, 2009
What a goat muffin deluxe!
October 13, 2008
love it.......this little creature is truly a terror
½ October 9, 2008
These were so stupid and campy, but it's always funny to watch them. The Zuni doll gets on my nerves after awhile with all his yelling and screaming. And he looks really funny. You'd think something that small would be easy to get rid of, you just kick him. But oh well.
½ September 21, 2008
The first tale was boring, that couple deserved to die as far as I'm concerned. The second was relatively creepy but after a while, Bobby got on my freakin' nerves. The third was okay, I thought the woman was an idiot for going back to the doll so many times, but the doll itself was cute. Yeah, I'm weird, leave me alone.
August 28, 2008
I caught the second half of the He Who Kills story on TV as a kid. It scared the fucking shit out of me. I tracked down both films and have watched both of them. The original's first 2 stories fell short while the final story Amelia (featuring the Zuni Fetish Doll) was brilliant in it's execution. I expected this sequel to be more of the same and found the first two stories better than the first two of the original, however He Who Kills didn't age as well as I have and falls quite short by comparison to the original. It's entertaining as all hell however the doll isn't as scary as how I remember it to be) because they show too much of it moving about before it makes it's strike. There isn't a very good buildup. However this series of short films is entertaining and it did freak the fucking shit out of me as a kid so I will give it some props for that. Not bad for a TV movie, not bad at all. Props to Mr. Dan Curtis, may he rest in peace.

Also if you are familiar with the Ranger Goard character from The Red Green Show or the Lloyd Braun character from Seinfeld, you get to see the actor who played them get killed with a fire axe. Now that's an added bonus.
½ August 10, 2008
Each of the stories was entertaining. It wasn't creepy or scary but its fun to watch.
½ July 27, 2008
This movie scare the S..t out of me! I saw it when I was 12 yeas. Gave me nighmares, but I want to watch it again!
July 18, 2008
Not considered as good as the first film staring the wonderful Karen Black, Trilogy of Terror II does have more than enough to reccomend it to others. The first two stories do the original proud with the lovely Lysette Anthony taking on the Karen Black role as star of all three tales. Sadly, the last installment, a sequel to the first film's Zuni Doll episode, falls short in it's execution of the story. It's fun to watch and well done on it's own right, but it's nowhere near as terrifying as the version from the first film.

All in all, this is a great horror package. It's pretty darn good stuff for a TV movie.
May 27, 2008
First two stories buck the original by not completely sucking, especially the first (FUCK YEAH GIANT GRAVEYARD RATS), but the third, featuring that feisty little zuni fetish, just can't match up to the original's pacing and sense of terrified dread. Still, it's definitely a good horror anthology, and aged better than Creepshow did.
April 3, 2008
What? I'm popping Trilogy of Terror II's virgin cherry??? Sweet! This updated TV movie of the classic from the 70's is a much better update and modernization of horror stories including one about rats that eat people, dead or alive, one about a woman bringing her freaky dead kid back to life, and finally a remake of the classic He Who Kills story about the roid-raging Afircan Doll that goes apeshit on a woman in her apartment. Good stuff.