Triloquist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Triloquist Reviews

September 8, 2016
The kids are great, and I love what the doll did to their abusive uncle! But the abducted girl is the best character in the movie
½ June 19, 2016
It's different, I'll give it that but it's also demented to the point of being nauseating. There's not enough dark humour or over the top horror to add any kind of purpose for the revolting story.
May 8, 2014
This is a very depressing horror comedy from the director of 'Leprechaun'. Payden LoPachin does a great job as the sadistic cutie who trudges along with her mute brother and killer puppet to Vegas to perform and be famous. It doesn't work out the way she wants due in part by the killing spree.
February 11, 2014
It was so bad it passed good and came full circle back to bad
½ January 29, 2014
I saw this movie with some friends on a thursday night right after the latest Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, and we thought that this movie couldnt be that bad after that travesty of movie that Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D was. But somehow, this movie holds the worst 90 minutes of "stuff" that you will ever see. Amateur, stupid, badly written and acted, non sensical story, poor camera work, horrible editing, tons of clichés, uninteresting characters, unenteresting story, retarded comedy, terrible, terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE. It feels as if a film student that had the assignment to create the worst possible piece of audiovisual excrement possible, and we could say that he got an A+ .
½ April 25, 2013
nothing special.. in fact pretty dumm
½ April 16, 2013
I'm still not sure if this was amazingly clever or superbly retarded. Triloquist is a film that really seems like it doesn't quite know what it wants to be. It's trying to find its voice if you will.
The best thing about this film is Paydin LoPachin as the main psychopath Angelina. She's beautiful, bizarre, quirky and psychotic. The ventriloquist dummy was more annoying than anything. I could have seriously used a bit more freeky and a little less damaged and dirty when it came to its look.
But without giving away any spoilers, nothing is really explained in this film. There are hints, suggestions, possibilities, but the film seems to indicate that all of them are true even though that doesn't make any sense.
Who's the killer? The puppet? Norbert? Angelina? Something else? Are people even being killed? Triloquist tries to be uber clever and quirky but it probably would have been much better had it just played it safe.
December 26, 2011
I didnt mind the storyline, thats what interested me. But the execution was all wrong. The flow, the order of the scenes, it was just all wrong, not to mention the incest, that was pretty wrong too.
½ May 13, 2011
no words can describe how bad this was.
February 22, 2011
Two psychopathic children embark upon a kidnap and killing spree with their best friend, a ventriloquist dummy, as they travel to Las Vegas.

This is an odd little black comedy that has some good ideas, but does get a little bit confused towards the end. The story at it's core is quite formulaic, but the addition of Dummy is a nice twist and definately leaves you wondering if things are quite what they seem. The comedy elements are good and black, and the young characters are quite refreshing and very well acted. As mentioned above, the ending is quite confusing and leaves you feeling that the events leading up to it have just been forgotten. This is in no way the best of example of the sub-genre of ventriloquist related horror movies, but it is quite polished and fun to watch.
January 28, 2011
This is quite possibly the most retarded movie I've seen in a long time with the ugliest Dummy, 'special' brother, and incestuous murdering sister... Bizarre... Can I get back that two hours of my life please?!
January 28, 2011
½ December 5, 2010
Decent movie. Not the greatest horror film, but overall, it was fun to watch. i myself am a ventriloquist, so i am very critical of anything that has to do with ventriloquism, but i was not disapointed in it. i set my standards pretty low as to what it would be, and i must say i enjoyed it.
½ July 28, 2010
nothing special.. in fact pretty dumm
May 20, 2010
Could of been better and the ending really sucked.
½ March 9, 2010
the writers of this film must have just said fuck it when they got half way because it actually has no plot. basically we have 2 kids, a mum and a dummy at the beginning. the mum over doses and dies leaving the kids with there abusive uncle. from there they decide to go to vegas to do a ventriloquist act. then they decide the boy needs to have a kid and kidnap a girl so they can rape her. from there they just kill everyone in there sight for no apparent reason. then the film gets pure fucked up when the brother and sister decide they r goin 2 fuck so they can have a baby. then again we just kill everyone for 20 minutes until the end where we discover the girl has a baby puppet. wow. wasted 3 minutes writing about this shit. this film confused me more than anything because 1 minute your thinking the damn dummy is alive and then maybe not. it only becomes obvious at the end. but i did actually have fun watching this film which is actually funny at parts whether purposely or not!!
January 25, 2010
Once again I've been watching Zone Horror. Seriously strange movie. Doesn't have a lot going for it, but what it does right is pretty decent. Basic, but watchable.
January 23, 2010
wow this movie is pretty crude and violent. It has some weird stuff going on like incest and a dummy with weird dreams. I thought the girl actor was so weird in her approach. The story was pretty absent it was just a road trip and people die. I mean it is pretty entertaining and there are some funny moments with the dummy.
½ January 8, 2010
Poor acting, poor story line, just pathetic. Don't waste your time.