Tripping the Rift: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tripping the Rift: The Movie Reviews

April 5, 2015
The Terminator-esque plot involving Chode and Bobo's robot is invigorating and helps glue the pieces of the show together.
July 15, 2012
Funny as / seen it tons of times
July 10, 2012
The movie was off a tad because of one major problem, it is a compilation of a few episodes from Season 3. There are some added scenes for transitions but it does throw you off when Chode is running away from a Terminator one minute and the next he's looking for some Indiana Jones-ish treasure. Other than that, it's funny.
April 10, 2012
funny film adaptation of the classic sci-fi adult cartoon
December 13, 2011
just like the show brilliant
October 8, 2011
I'm not quite sure what I just saw. It's like futurama with swearing and sex. I assume this is a late night cartoon for adults with the minds of children made into a movie. Not recommended.
October 1, 2011
The experience of watching this horrible piece of crap made me ashamed of humanity. It literally depressed me that anyone could or would enjoy it. Stupid humor, sex and fart jokes at it's worst. Way below even the comic genius of Married With Children. Duckman kind of did the same things, but at least that show was funny and relateable. I didn't laugh ONCE during TtR, and neither should you. Oh and I didn't forget to give it a star rating, I really give it zero.
½ September 20, 2011
I'm giving the movie a 50% rating for two reasons:

1] This is merely the 3rd season's first couple of episodes strung together as a movie with a Terminator connection. I was hoping for more in a movie. That alone usually gets me to rate it 0% due to lack of effort, which brings me to..

2] Oh, how I missed that amorphous purple blob and his wacky crew! I love the series itself. Snappy one-liners, enough cultural pop references to choke a Bantha, and gratuitous nudity*.

*Except for Six, sadly enough.

All in all, a decent way to spend a rainy afternoon.
July 1, 2011
A few other films are recognisable in this feature length animation, most noticably the entire film has a few references to one film in particulatar, Terminator. Probably best watched intoxicated, certainly not for kids.
½ May 31, 2011
Tripping the Rift: The Movie (2007)

I had never really seen too much of the show, but i decided to watch Tripping the Rift: The Movie anyway. It turned out to be ridiculously stupid, funny and entertaining. It's all about the main character, the shallow captain Chode McBlob who goes on all kinds of crazy, quirky missions to different planets with his rag-tag crew to help, aid and assist other crazy aliens and things. The story obviously takes place in the far future and is similar to 'Futurama' in many aspects. Chode is just a foul mouthed, sex crazed idiot who is planning a huge birthday blow-out bash when it is not even his birthday! The movie spoofs and parodies many sci-fi classics like Star Wars and Star Trek and Terminator etc. It's fun to watch just to see all of the references and hidden stuff. The cgi actually wasn't too bad. It isn't as prestine as say Finding Nemo or Monsters Inc. but it manages.

Overall: Tripping the Rift was a fun late night watch, but it's short running time and crammed together scenarios make it a bit annoying at times, but the continuous comedy, fart and dick jokes and big, cgi tits tend to pick up the slack of the out of control, retarded storyline. Plus it's based off of the TV show. It's always hard to cram in everything necessary to make a good movie out of a TV show, just look at the 'Simpsons Movie' :(
May 16, 2008
Ok in parts, but I am not a fan and have no interest in seeing it again.
½ January 22, 2011
a rehash of previous episodes
½ December 5, 2009
Not bad but needs to be edgier and more adult.
½ November 22, 2009
...wow. How this piece of crap ever got greenlit is beyond me. It's got absolutely no redeeming qualities: the plot is boring, the dialogue stupid, the jokes not funny at all and the animation looks like something from the mid-90s.
September 13, 2009
This movie was very odd. Not only I hated it, I never heard of it. The stupid lame jokes and scenes where not funny. I was rather bored of it.
April 4, 2009
I think the show is funny, but it's over all stupid. So, this was just like the show. It's funny at times, but generally stupid. I did enjoy watching the Desperate Housewives' parody part.
December 2, 2008
November 4, 2008
???? ?ο ?ει?ο?ε?α animation ?ο? ε?? δει ?ο?ε
October 31, 2008
Pretty much an extended episode and as such sufferes from being drawn out a little too far.