Trixie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trixie Reviews

September 19, 2015
Screwy is as screwy do
June 23, 2011
I loved how she ran Metaphors together, & somehow they worked
½ December 27, 2009
What were they thinking when they made this movie? There's not enough action in this to make it an action movie, not enough character development to make it a character movie, not enough fun to make it a comedy. It's barely got enough plot to make it a movie at all, but only barely.

The dialogues are mostly tedious, the malapropisms are not funny, and the red herrings are fishy.

Emily Watson gets a couple of points for cuteness, but cuteness doesn't make a movie. A major disappointment. Alan Rudolph has done much better than this.
September 15, 2009
** (out of four)

The film idea probably looked much better on script paper than on the big screen. Emily Watson is a quirky detective in Alan Rudolph's madcaper film. Though the plot is plodding, the most annoying element is having the lead character talk in backward riddles. Some are funny. Most are not.
September 6, 2009
What was this unfunny crapola? Only the phrase turns were funny, but could have been so much more in capable hands.
½ January 3, 2009
very funny, but I did watch it with the subtitles, otherwise, I think I would have missed some of the misquotes.
½ December 12, 2008
make a "D and A" test of this.
November 3, 2008
A surprisingly light-hearted departure for Emily Watson...and I didn't hate it!
October 25, 2008
I found this movie really likeable. Watson's Trixie is completely unconvincing as a PI, but extremely endearing all the same - everything about her seemed so innocent, but she had a few surprises up her sleeve. Nolte's Senator is both disgusting and hilarious - what I loved so much about him was the fact that he was so slimy a character, a fact that surprised me. The quirkiness of this film definitely appealed to me.
October 5, 2008
this movie was lame...and goofy...with silly lines....i liked the movie a little.....and the ending could have been different....
½ August 28, 2008
Would have been good, but I couldn't get over Emily Watson's shit accent. Her voice sounded so annoying. Brittany Murphy didn't help... If she would have talked normal it would have been a pretty decent flick.
April 4, 2008
Trixie (Emily Watson in her pleasant to watch role), come private detective, tries to unravela never ending stream of seemingly unrelated dramas. She has a bombastic Senator (suitably portrayed by Nick Nolte) in her sights. The highlight of the film comes at the end when Trixie finally succeeds in solving the crime(s) and thereby driving the Senator crazy. Watching this was close to a waste of time.
October 24, 2007
Trixie, the character is great, Emily Watson does a great job. Rest of the movie isn't that good, but I'd still recommend watching it.
½ August 8, 2007
June 7, 2007
It was odd and quirky, but my husband didn't fall asleep. So that's a good sign.
January 21, 2007
wanna see it i cant wAIT LOL !!!
January 1, 2007
i like this movie so much moer tahn i used to! i didn tlike the people in it or the story. i saw it again and thoguht it was really funny. teh detective solves the case by accident! she says things wrong all the time. and emily watson really makes you like her.